Sign in to follow this  
removed

Does anyone have the ST6 and ST5 DVDs yet?

I have both V and VI. Looking at V, you really wish they could have improved the model mattes. They have an irregular glow to them. Also the extras aren't that great. They did show the rock monster scenes and a couple of interesting cut scenes.

Now VI is superb. There's a tribute to Deforest Kelly that's moving and informative. I'm going to try and find some of the old films he was in because he seems like such a remarkable actor.

Also the transfer and sound quaility is awsome. It's the best dvd so far in terms of the picture and surround sound. They also have a lot of interesting facts included on the extras too. I never knew there were so many historical and political homages throughout the entire movie.

I have both of these collectors DVDs..ST VI is just an amazing movie. I too enjoyed all the special features. The Trubite to DeForrest Kelley was moving and I would like to see his earlier movies..He was an amazing actor..In fact I liked all of the special features. Some really good interviews..Interesting background on the movie and how the story was conceived..ST V, well I had to have it because it is Star Trek..It isn't the best movie but I don't think it's as bad as most people think. But I do feel they could have have done more with the special features on this DVD..

I have all the ST movies but recentley lost ST Nemesis :clap:  :eek:

:frusty:

Don't worry. The Nemesis 2-disc Special Edition will be out after the rest of the special editions are released. I'm going to get them all.

I dont have 6 yet, I'm picking it up at the same time I pick up VOY 1. 5's fair I guess, found out some things I didn't know about it but I still would rather they had let Bill do a Directors Cut on it. :frusty:

I'm getting ST6 from a good friend for my b-day (one of the few that actually know I like Star Trek. lol) and I will be picking up ST5 as soon as I have some spare cash.

I got STV for my birthday and I bought STVI the day it came out. They were both good; though I cannot compare them to the old versions as much. I only became a Trekkie last year so I have not watched them as much. However, I highly recommend these ones.

Don't worry. The Nemesis 2-disc Special Edition will be out after the rest of the special editions are released. I'm going to get them all.

Are they really planning on doing that with the newer movies? I would love to see a NON directors cut of Nemesis... maybe they will call it a special edition... but it will kind of annoy me that I just bought Nemesis and then they come out with another... why not just come out with the good one in the first place... i know... to rip me off! Ahhh. Still need to get Generation and FC on dvd... yay!