Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

If "Enterprise" were cancelled...

If ENTERPRISE were cancelled...

1. How long do you think it'd be before a 6th series?

2. Would there be a 6th series?

3. Would Trek get a reboot, as in new continuity?

4. Would it be the end of Trek as we know it?

5. Would you get the DVD season sets?

These are just a few questions that come up if ENT were to be cancelled.

Personally, I don't have a problem with a show being cancelled. TV shows are fun, but I'm not gonna get worked up over cancellation, especially when I have one to fall back on, and even if I didn't, there's more important thinks than TV. :)

However, when thinking of ENT, I don't see just a Star Trek show, but Starfleet's first mission, followed by the Xindi conflict, the Romulan War, and the founding of the United Federation of Planets. Had ENT not been so close to the Romulan War and founding of the UFP, I wouldn't be miffed at it's cancellation. However, do we really think we can see either anytime soon if ENT is cancelled?

My hope is that UPN cancels ENT so that Paramount can put the show in syndication. Is there any reason to think Paramount would not syndicate ENT if cancelled by UPN?

For one thing I don't believe that Enterprise will be cancelled..But I'll go along with this topic...

If Enterprise were cancelled:

I would feel that the Enterprise bashers had finally won..But I would get over it. It is only a TV show and only 1 out of the 5 Trek TV shows..I'm of the opinion that it wouldn't get picked up by another network..(I hope I'm wrong) And if Enterprise were cancelled I don't think they would make a 6th series...

Oh, and I would definately buy the DVDs..

I'd feel massively pissed-off!

Honestly it's one of the Best Trek shows yet and the Ent-bashers won't let people realize it!

1. How long do you think it'd be before a 6th series? I'd say at least 3 years.

2. Would there be a 6th series? Most defenitely.

3. Would Trek get a reboot, as in new continuity? I have no idea what you mean.

4. Would it be the end of Trek as we know it? No. Trek still makes money. Anything that still makes money is worth continuing.

5. Would you get the DVD season sets? Defenitely.

I would be P.O.ed majorly. Like I said before, Enterprise has come so far, and is making strides on its own now. The worst thing is that I wouldn't be sure that another show might ever come about. :)

Guest Mike_Hines01

If Enterprise were cancelled then Paramount and all the rest would have some nasty letters to look forward to. :)

I would like to see a new series but it would probably be a while before it is released. As for the DVD's I would defiantly buy them.

I also do not believe Enterprise will be cancelled, but for the sake of this discussion I will reply.

1. How long do you think it'd be before a 6th series? 3 to 4 years, get the fans hungry again

2. Would there be a 6th series? Very possibly

3. Would Trek get a reboot, as in new continuity? I don't understand this question

4. Would it be the end of Trek as we know it? No

5. Would you get the DVD season sets? Yes

UPN will not cancell Enterprise, for one the show is taped at Paramount Studios and second, Enterprise is still the highest rated show on the UPN, they are not going to get rid of that.

Well, right now, there are rumors flying all over the net about Blalock leaving ENT, the show being cancelled, and Berman being fired. :)

As for the reboot idea. In other words, starting over with the same characters and setting. Example: Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (reboot) Smallville

Well, right now, there are rumors flying all over the net about Blalock leaving ENT, the show being cancelled, and Berman being fired. :)

As for the reboot idea.  In other words, starting over with the same characters and setting.  Example: Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (reboot) Smallville

I don't pay attention to rumors, most of the time they turn out untrue. Probably Enterprise bashers just trying to make waves. I don't believe a word of it.

as for the reboot idea, well for me that would be the dumbest thing they could ever do. But since I'm postive in my mind the show won't be cancelled I will not worry about any kind of reboot.

Stardate:21482.7

Well I would be dissappointed and very annoyed if they cancelled it.

1.I think it would be at least 3 years before another series

2.I think there will be another series

3.NO!

4.Impossible because Star Trek will never end

5.If they released them yes i would

2. Would there be a 6th series?

I would feel very hurt and angry if Enterprise were cancelled. It is by far my favourite show.

1) Frankly, I really wouldn't care about a sixth series. The vitriol spouted by Ent haters is such that I would not wish to be part of Star Trek fandom any more.

2) Again, any 6th series can be watched by those others. Maybe they'll get their 'perfect' Trek series. Right now I feel petty enough to hope it gets canned after three damn shows.

3) See 2.

4) It would be the end for me. I've watched through TNG, DS9, Voy and Ent and used to watch TOS on re-runs as a kid. I've enjoyed them all to a greater or lesser degree, but Ent is the only one I've loved.

5) Yeah I'd get the DVD's. In fact I wish I had them now. :)

I would be major league niffed off if this happened - chiefly because it would mean that a bunch of small minded bigots had won the day. I refuse to believe the rumours - Enterprise is far too good a show to be cancelled and as you say there is so much Trek history for them to be a part of and allow us to watch. I think we can take comfort in the fact that it provokes so much reaction - even the negative. People will always find things to whinge about but heck - if they are whinging it means they are watching too and that is defeating the object of many of the nay-sayers rants.

Here's to season 7!!!

First i thought Enterprice was to slow

now that we are in the second season it is getting better

can,t wait to see the rest of it

Enterprice must stay

..................................................................................................

i like dogs, especialy with a nice sause -Phlox-

First i thought Enterprice was to slow

now that we are in the second season it is getting better

can,t wait to see the rest of it

Enterprice must stay

..................................................................................................

i like dogs, especialy with a nice sause  -Phlox-

Sorry to correct you but its halfway thru its 3rd season now. :clap:

I would do some kind of extra work to be able to afford to buy season sets BECAUSE I AM NOT GETTING ANY RERUNS OF ANY STAR TREK ( no cable or satellite).

Personally I don't think ENT will get cancelled. But if it did, I would be majorly P.O.ed and in mourning for a long while. TPTB would get many, many nasty letters from me. I love ENT! It must not end!

For the sake of this topic...

1. How long do you think it'd be before a 6th series? 3-4 years

2. Would there be a 6th series? If ENT were cancelled, I wouldn't care.

3. Would Trek get a reboot, as in new continuity? I hope not.

4. Would it be the end of Trek as we know it? Most likely.

5. Would you get the DVD season sets? Definitely

If enterpirse were canceled I would have more time to do home work on wednesday.

I would also like to see a star fleet academy seires be made in enterpirses place with Tuvok been a regular teacher, and people from the next generation, DS9, and voyager, And "feild trips" on the Enterpirse E and attack by romulans and the borg and maybe 8472 and cardassians now and than

Not long. Because Paramount are stubborn and they would want to sqeeze every last dollar out of this franchise. A disaster would have to occur before they put this franchise out of it's misery, such as a total collapse of the ratings figures.

Would there be a 6th series?

Eventually, yes. But Trek needs to be taken off the screens for at least ten years. No more movies or TV shows. We are overdosed on Trek at the moment. This started in 1994 and this is one of the main reasons for the decline of the franchise, along with the poor leadership of Rick Berman and Brannon Braga.

No, the problem with Trek is in the writing. Not with the continuity. I have always felt that 'Trek' show's should be set further in the TNG era and beyond. Setting a show 'before' a series or between two 'series' limits your options and routes for storytelling. The next Star Trek Show, after Enterprise should be set in the year 2400 or there abouts, aboard a new Starship Enterprise

Certainly not. But new leadership is needed. New writers and new producers. Berman and Braga must go.

Absolutely not. Never in a million years would I want to watch an episode of Enterprise more than once. I can barely stand to watch the show now.

Edited by William Stryker

Why does everyone think Trek should take a break for 10 years? If Trek went on a break that long, it might as well be over. Getting it revived in 1979 was a once-in-a-lifetime chance.

The franchise is struggling. Giving it a five to ten year break would be a good thing. It would build anticipation for its return but only if it returned with the attributes that made Star Trek so well loved for so many years. Star Trek is currently in limbo. People want intelligent drama, like The West Wing or The Sopranos, or they want rubbish like Big Brother or The Batchelor. Star Trek currently appeals to few. Unless they drop the gratutious skin showings and the body oil massaging that we have seen in Enterprise, then the franchise will die. Berman and Braga are trying to appeal to braindead viewers to the show by appealing to their basest of desires, ie: sex appeal, and making Star Trek "sexy". It started with Seven of Nine and her looks and it continues with T'Pol. They fail to remember that the people who watch Star Trek are usually more intelligent than your average TV viewer. They don't want to watch Trip Tucker in his blue vest and boxer shorts, they want intelligent, thought provoking, profound drama that is well-written. Not the kind of we see now with 'Enterprise' and the absymal 'Nemesis'. Honestly, if Trek continues to go down this path, it will die anyway. I'd rather see the show end right now and never return, rather than watching it lose its dignity, and be ridiculed.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Millions of people are watching and enjoying Enterprise all over the world. I obviously hasn't reached a major audience, but the decline in ratings of such shows a Angel, Smallville and the cancellations of Jake 2.0 and Skin, seem to suggest that Sci-fi is in an unpopular lull at the moment. Fantasy seems to be the current choice of genre audiences.

You claim that you can barely watch Enterprise, William Stryker, and you certainly don't seem to view it with any attention, for the 'skin showing' has been very little compared to shows like Firefly or Buffy. And there has never been a 'body oil massaging' scene. The last similar thing, the decon-gel, was in ANIS, over a season ago.

And I *do* want to watch Trip Tucker - in his Starfleet blues or otherwise - along with many other fans. Connor Trinneer is a very handsome guy in addition to being a naturally talented and technically gifted actor. And I do not consider myself a 'brain dead viewer'. :rofl:

Enterprise has always and continues to show 'intelligent, thought provoking and profound drama that is well written', in my opinion. Cease Fire, Cogenitor, Dear Doctor, Similitude and Twilight are just a few of the episodes that have inspired strong emotions, and wide ranging ruminations by the show's fans.

I do not see Enterprise losing it's diginty nor do I wish to see it cancelled.

Finally, I have to say that I think that saying Rick Berman and Brannon Braga 'should be shot', is in extremely poor taste. :laugh:

People want intelligent drama, like The West Wing or The Sopranos, or they want rubbish like Big Brother or The Batchelor.

Well I consider Enterprise better than all those shows you mentions. In fact I would say that the shows you claim "people want" are below average in quality.

If science fiction is in decline at the moment. Then this is good reason why Trek should be rested. Bring it back when the appetite for Sci-Fi returns.

The skin showing may have been reduced, but it shouldn't even be in Trek. Is this what Paramount have resorted to to get viewers? Gratuitous skin??? A sad day for a once great franchise. In the UK, whenever a newspaper writes anything about 'Enterprise', it's always about one thing: Not how great the show is, not the great legacy of Trek and the vision of Roddenberry, not the writing or the acting, or the issues that it reflects, or the idea of hope and a better future. it's about one thing: T'Pol's t*ts. Is this what we want from Trek? What next? Special guest star Paris Hilton???

As for Trip Tucker: Do you really think he has captured the imagination of the viewing public. Like Scotty? or Geordi LaForge???. None of the characters are inspiring or memorable.What was the last Trek character to get major mainstream attention? It was Seven Of Nine. Why did Jeri Ryan get the attention? Two reasons, and both of them were on her chest.

Enterprise has always and continues to show 'intelligent, thought provoking and profound drama that is well written', in my opinion.

I guess we'll have to disagree on this one

I do not see Enterprise losing it's diginty nor do I wish to see it cancelled.

Star Trek has already lost most of its dignity. It began to fall around the time of the start of Voyager and has got even worse in the past few years. I hope it can recover, but from what I have personally seen from 'Enterprise', which I do watch, but I am considering not watching the show anymore, Trek is in deep trouble.

Finally, I have to say that I think that saying Rick Berman and Brannon Braga 'should be shot', is in extremely poor taste.

Yes, I'm sorry, they should not be shot......they should thrown out of an airlock. Berman seems to lost his passion for Trek, the last few years, he seems to be on autopilot, the stories are boring, the last movie flopped, the characters on Enterprise are coma-inducing in their tediousness. This happened on Voyager and it's continuing on 'Enterprise'.

Edited by William Stryker

So the 'slave girls' weren't in TOS? Or are you going to imply that Mudd's women were any more than 'skin'? I guess skin is only 'wrong' when it's both sex's. :o

I'm not remotely interested in what UK papers write about Trek or anything else. Please! They could and would reduce Romeo and Juliet to, 'Did he shag 'er? Woz she underage? Hot young passion scandal!!' If you really think Enterprise is about T'Pol's breasts perhaps you'd tell me where they feature in, say... Impulse?

As for Trip Tucker, no I don't think he's 'captured the viewing public' like Scotty, but then Scotty had a dozen or more years in isolation to make his mark. I think Trip's captured the viewing public as much as Geordi - that is not at all. Most ordinary people don't watch or care about Trek and, honestly, couldn't name four episodes of TOS, if you asked them.

This, BTW is from BBC Ceefax TV Choice previewer:

You're very welcome. I have to say that Mondays are often short of good TV so a well-made Enterprise has that much more chance of getting chosen than it would on, say, Tuesday-Thursday.

Funny how it works; for years it's always been Fridays that were weakest.

And I take it from your email address that you're a fan of Trip? Connor Trinneer makes a very good job of his role, I feel. If you haven't already seen it, wait for Similitude: he's particularly strong in that.

So there are people in the media who feel Enterprise and gosh, golly, darnit, even Connor Trinneer's portrayal of Trip Tucker are worthy of praise.

For whatever reason, you have chosen to not like the show. Fine, that's entirely your decision. But please don't pedal the, watered down Trek, lowest common denominator patronage that Ent basher's always seem to resort to. We who love Enterprise are not settling for less, nor a lower 'standard' of Trek. And we're mightily sick of being condescended to by so-called purists.

As for you continued attacks on Berman and Braga, go for it. Hey they're only living, feeling human beings with family's, who work producing a Sci-fi TV show. :o

What next? Special guest star Paris Hilton???

on 'Enterprise'.

:o Sorry, I just find that funny.

As for Trip Tucker: Do you really think he has captured the imagination of the viewing public. Like Scotty? or Geordi LaForge???. None of the characters are inspiring or memorable.What was the last Trek character to get major mainstream attention?

I'll definitely have to disagree with you here. Trip is arguably the most popular character on ENT, and deservedly so. IMO, he's the best character, Connor's the best actor, he's gotten many quality eps, and the personality of the character has captured the favor of many viewers. Granted, he's not a groundbreaking character, but this is only season 3. I don't think Scotty was an incredibly popular character during TOS's run (when compared to the big three), and I don't recall Geordi (as good an actor as Levar is) as "capturing the public's imagination" - most definitely not before at least the late 3rd or 4th season.

All IMO. :o

Why does everyone think Trek should take a break for 10 years? If Trek went on a break that long, it might as well be over. Getting it revived in 1979 was a once-in-a-lifetime chance.

The franchise is struggling. Giving it a five to ten year break would be a good thing. It would build anticipation for its return but only if it returned with the attributes that made Star Trek so well loved for so many years.

I disagree. People don't care about things like they did back in the 60's and 70's. If Trek went off the air for 5-10 years, no one would care, sadly. If Trek goes on a break, that's cool and all, but it needs to do so when it's at a high point and will be rememberred, not when the general public has deserted it for their precious reallity TV and West Wing/CSI clones.

Besides, 10 years?! :o That's insane! I've had a new episode to look forward to since I found Trek. TV just wouldn't be the same without it. :o

So the 'slave girls' weren't in TOS? Or are you going to imply that Mudd's women were any more than 'skin'? I guess skin is only 'wrong' when it's both sex's.

That could be your guess, but it wouldn't be mine. I think the skin in 'Enterprise' is gratutious and pointless, both male and female. As for the slave girls, they were tiresome and unnecessary.

I'm not remotely interested in what UK papers write about Trek or anything

I am. Because this is just a sign of how Trek is now regarded. As a joke. This is not just in the tabloids. The broadsheets also regard T'Pol as the centre of attention for the show. I wonder why???. It might have something to do with the fact that her breasts are promoted as the Stars Of The Show. But I guess no one cares about little things like good storytelling and depth of character.

If you really think Enterprise is about T'Pol's breasts perhaps you'd tell me where they feature in, say... Impulse?

Oh come on. T'Pol's t*ts are featured in every episode of 'Enterprise' as much as anything else. This current season we are watching in the UK, they have actually tightened up her outfit, drawing MORE attention to her. Why don't they just cut the ****. Start the show with a black screen and in big red writing say "THE FOLLOWING EPISODE OF ENTERPRISE WILL FEATURE T'POL'S SET OF T*TS, BECAUSE THAT'S ALL WE'VE GOT ON THIS SHOW, JUST LIKE VOYAGER ONLY HAD JERI RYAN'S T*TS." They may as well called the show 'STAR T*TS', because that's seems to be the focus of the show.

Most ordinary people don't watch or care about Trek and, honestly, couldn't name four episodes of TOS, if you asked them.

But Star Trek needs the mainstream audience. How else do you explain that the viewing figures for Voyager and Enterprise were/are terrible compared to the peak of TNG. It's explained like this: It isn't attracting enough of a mainstream audience and the viewing figures are so low, it seems a large number of Trek fans aren't tuning in to watch the show. Nemesis flopped. Even hardcore fans didn't flock to it like they did with 'First Contact' for example. Trek is in deep trouble. Some fans just don't seem to see it.

For whatever reason, you have chosen to not like the show. Fine, that's entirely your decision. But please don't pedal the, watered down Trek, lowest common denominator patronage that Ent basher's always seem to resort to. We who love Enterprise are not settling for less, nor a lower 'standard' of Trek. And we're mightily sick of being condescended to by so-called purists.

And the 'so-called purists' as you would describe us who despise Enterprise, Voyager and Nemesis, and also Insurrection are sick and tired of seeing Star Trek die before their eyes. Enterprise IS watered-down crap. it's a disgrace to Trek and I'd rather see Trek die NOW, than fade away slowly buried under the legacy of years of decline.

As for you continued attacks on Berman and Braga, go for it. Hey they're only living, feeling human beings with family's, who work producing a Sci-fi TV show.

Oh, so sad. My heart bleeds for them. Break out the violins for these two clowns. You know what they? Hacks. Nothing more, nothing less. If they can't handle the franchise and if they're just not up to it, then they should quit. DS9 improved greatly when Berman shifted his attention to the doomed Voyager, and left the show in the hands of truly talented people on DS9 like Ronald Moore, Ira Stephan Behr, Rene Echevarria and Michael Piller. Both Berman and his flunky Braga need to go, and they should take Porthos, Water Polo and T'Pol's t*ts with their sorry a*ses.

William Stryker, it's a shame that all you see is skin, sexuallity, and insult B&B.

Yes, the "lots of skin and sexuallity" is a problem, one that I hope will be delt with before season 4. However, that's not what the show is about, it's just raitings-booster stuff demanded by UPN. I'm convinced that if ENT were in syndication, it would not be an issue.

Let me ask you this: What about the characters, the stories, and the themes of the show? What are so bad about them? Personally, I've enjoyed VOY & ENT just as much as I did TNG. They each have something new and different to offer.