Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Yankee or Dixie?

That's another thing. I've never heard any one say soda in real life. On TV, sure. But we all just call it pop.

Everyone I know, everyone I've ever known calls it soda (or by it's brand name). I've never known anyone that called it pop. Here, Pop is the person that's married to Mom. And in many places Pop's father is known as Pappy.

lol

Well, now you "know" me, and everyone I know calls it coke, no matted what kind it is. :cloud9: Everyone automatically knows where you're from if you ask for a pop or soda around here. :cloud9:

That's another thing. I've never heard any one say soda in real life. On TV, sure. But we all just call it pop.

Everyone I know, everyone I've ever known calls it soda (or by it's brand name). I've never known anyone that called it pop. Here, Pop is the person that's married to Mom. And in many places Pop's father is known as Pappy.

lol

Well, now you "know" me, and everyone I know calls it coke, no matted what kind it is. :laugh: Everyone automatically knows where you're from if you ask for a pop or soda around here. :)

Where I'm from we just call it a drink (but it comes out sounding like drank)

Ex. "John-Brown it,its hot! Lets git ah drank."

You can literally tell the town somebody is from by their accent, it's like a time warp!! For new years people, after sharing some home-made wine of course,drive through town in pick-ups and the folks in the bed of the truck shot rifles in the air to celebrate!! :rofl:

God, I miss home. :bow:

Around where I live now, it's called "Pop", but in San Diego, it's called Soda. in parts of Wisconsin, it's Pop, Soda Pop, or Soda Water (The older folk say the latter)