Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Huge Enterprise News!

When is the time change supposed to go into effect?

This will not change much in my area as the WB and UPN share the same channel so it will just rearrange the line up a little.

Guest Guest

Heck, you should visit a Smallville forum. They're as worried about the plummeting numbers for their show as we are. Smallville hasn't hurt ENT. Not one bit. American Idol, however, that is a different story. MVRojo over at the Trek BBS published rough final numbers for ratings for Proving Ground and you don't want to know. If I told you what they were, they would depress the hell out of you. Needless to say, any casual viewers ENT seemed to pick up this season tuned in to American Idol, which drew a 16.2/20 share, roughly 30 million viewers. Okay, if you dare, scroll below to look at ENT's final numbers.

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

//

/

/

/

/

/

/

2.3/4...roughly 3.45 million viewers. The fourth lowest total of the series to date. Similitude went all the way up to a 3.0/6 for a final rating. The coveted 18-49 demo was worse, a 1.4/4, the lowest of the series if the rough finals (which are based on fast nationals) hold up. And people wonder why I encouraged them to write letters. :lol: This is not good news. In fact, it's very dire. They were seriously talking cancelling ENT last spring when the numbers were this low. At least they moved ENT instead of cancelling it.

Arrrrghhh. I hate it when I forget to log in. :lol: The above bit of bad news was courtesy of moi. sigh. "Proving Ground" was so darn good and nobody saw it. :wow: Either that or they're watching the weekend repeat. That's what ticks me. I read news about how well "The Xindi" performed in the UK on Sky One and I chat on-line with so many folks who complain about pro ball pre-emptions and the like. I know that ENT has more viewers than numbers would indicate but it never seems to do any good, does it? At least it will out of the path of American Idol, but not until after February sweeps. :lol: :lol: I'm usually so positive and upbeat but this news had really got me down. How much good will did TPTB squander with that stretch of putrid episodes during season two? On the whole, lost viewers tend not to come back. Send your valentines. ENT needs it.

$#^&@$(*&@! I wish ENT had been in syndication all along.

Maybe we should. I've written plenty to UPN and all the sponsors. The fact is, if ENT were syndicated its ratings would be considered acceptable. Syndication would mean a budget trim and more bottle shows but that isn't necessarily a bad thing if they concentrate on the writing to compensate, Unicorn Hunter. If ENT had been syndicated all along, the writers woudn't have Paramount and the killer bees on their butts trying to get them to be conservative and stay in the "Trek formula." Ron Moore, formerly of DS9, stated pretty bluntly in his article when BSG's minseries aired that he had to fight Berman constantly about taking chances in the scripts and Berman didn't have UPN's suits on his side then. UPN and Parmount have been so unbelievably detrimental to Trek it isn't funny. In syndication, ENT could appeal and advertise to its niche audience like SG-1 does on Scifi. The people who watch Sci-fi who see SG-1 advertisements are SG-1' niche audience. The people who watch UPN and see ENT's advertisements on other shows are not Trek's core audience. BIG problem. No way that ENT has only 3 million viewers. THat's what IRKS ME!!! :rolleyes: B) B) B)

This would actually be great for me. Every Wednesday... I leave downtown Atlanta at around 6:30p.m.....and have to drive like a mad person to get home in time for 8:00p.m Enterprise. At least at 9:00....I could catch a bite to eat before showtime.

There is no doubt 'Proving Ground' ratings were horrible because of American Idol. I think even 'The Apprentice' was on in the 8pm slot last week. I think moving to 9:00p will help the ratings. American Idol is on wednsday at 8p next week too. As long as AI is on at 8p wednsdays it is going to put a huge dent in the ratings. Hopefully TPTB will realize that it's the AI phenomenon affecting the ratings and not the show loosing popularity. Maybe we should all request a Nielsen box! :)