Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Rajiin - a lingering question

I rewatched this over the weekend and there is still something I'd like to hear some other opinions on.

Rajiin says she is a slave and has been for years - but what evidence do we have for that other than her words. Isn't it equally possible that she agreed to work with the Xindi for other reasons - such as gainful employment and agreed to "pose" as a sex slave because they knew Archer was coming to the trading post. She "escaped" because it was her assignment to get on board Enterprise and her captor could just as well have been acting the part.

I couldn't help thinking if she was truly a slave - she would want to be free and all she had to do was tell Archer how to detect the Xindi before they approached the ship and she would be free

I rewatched this over the weekend and there is still something I'd like to hear some other opinions on.

Rajiin says she is a slave and has been for years - but what evidence do we have for that other than her words.  Isn't it equally possible that she agreed to work with the Xindi for other reasons - such as gainful employment and agreed to "pose" as a sex slave because they knew Archer was coming to the trading post.  She "escaped" because it was her assignment to get on board Enterprise and her captor could just as well have been acting the part.

I couldn't help thinking if she was truly a slave - she would want to be free and all she had to do was tell Archer how to detect the Xindi before they approached the ship and she would be free

TUH,

Even some of the slaves who had been freed at the end of the Civil War did not want to leave their former masters. It was the only life they had ever known, so they were loathe to leave it. Rajiin's situation may have been similar.

Another possibility is the Xindi promised Rajiin her freedom if she did this. Recognizing that she would be a slave again if she betrayed them and they caught her later, she went through with the deception.

I think we will see her again. At the end of the episode she was reluctant about giving the Xindi the info they wanted and she didn't like it when she did give it. I think she'll be back and this time she'll be helping Archer against the Xindi.

What a great episode Rajiin was!

I have never thought she was a slave based on the ending of the show. She is definatley some sort of spy serving the Xindi. Although she did seem reluctant to assist the Xindi, I don't think that necessarily makes her a slave. If my memory serves me she was in the Xindi conference room at the end of the show speaking directly with one of the leaders. I dont think a slave would even be in that room. I think she most likely was a hired spy.

Let's not forget the possibility that yes she is a slave, but is following the orders given to her because the Xindi may hold someone or something that is important to her to insure that she follows her orders to the letter. We do not know that the Xindi don't have another member of her family or someone that she loves, and they may have threatened to kill them if she does not comply. This could be a powerful motivation especially if she is promised that they will be released if she complies.

Also it is possible that they have some other hold on her, such as a way for them to kill her without them having to even touch her, maybe a device that is implanted inside her that contains an explosive that can be detonated remotely, or can release a toxin into her body that would end her life at the touch of the button.

The above shows that there are several possible ways to insure that a slave remains a slave without betraying her master even though she would like to.