Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ktrek

Star Trek: TNG Boo Boo's

Guest Ktrek

I thought this might make for an interesting topic. I wanted to make it just "general" Trek but wasn't sure where to put it. The basic idea is to see what production errors other fans have noticed. Anyway here goes the one I saw yesterday.....

My wife and I were watching the fourth season TNG episode called "In Theory". In the episode the dark matter in the nebula is posing a threat to the Enterprise. Picard uses a shuttlecraft to guide the Enterprise out of the nebula so that they would have enough warning to change directions in enough time before they hit any dark matter pockets. Just before Picard almost gets killed he command the Enterprise to shift "hard starboard" and they show a shot of him leaning right to starboard. Funny thng is that when they show the Eterprise crew on the bridge they all shift hard to "port". oops! :P :lol: :P

So anyone notice any boo boos, inconsistencies or mistakes?

Perhaps we could have a boo boo thread in every show???

Ktrek

Guest Ktrek

My wife and I watched "First Contact" again for the umpteenth time and I noticed two boo boos.

The first is when the security ofiicer comes up through the manhole to the bridge and says that the Borg have taken all decks 26 up to 11. Later when Picard is with Lilly she asks "how big is this ship anyway?" and Picard responds it has 24 decks. Ooops

The second is after Picard and worf have disconnected the deflector dish, and blew up the Borg, only he and worf should have been left right? Well, when they pan away from them outward to a distant shot you can distintly see three people walking on the front deflector lock area. two together near the top of the screen which I have to assume is Picard and Worf since moments ago we saw them together but there is also a single person at the bottom left moving up.

Ktrek

Edited by Ktrek

My wife and I watched "First Contact" again for the umpteenth time and I noticed two boo boos.

The first is when the security ofiicer comes up through the manhole to the bridge and says that the Borg have taken all decks 26 up to 11. Later when Picard is with Lilly she asks "how big is this ship anyway?" and Picard responds it has 24 decks. Ooops

The second is after Picard and worf have disconnected the deflector dish, and blew up the Borg, only he and worf should have been left right? Well, when they pan away from them outward to a distant shot you can distintly see three people walking on the front deflector lock area. two together near the top of the screen which I have to assume is Picard and Worf since moments ago we saw them together but there is also a single person at the bottom left moving up.

Ktrek

Pause when looking at the Master Systems Display at the back of the bridge. I count 24 decks, so Hawk is the one who makes the boo-boo. Where's decks 25 & 26? :laugh:

As for the third person on the deflector dish at the end of this scene, that's the dead Borg that Worf chopped up. :laugh:

Guest Ktrek
As for the third person on the deflector dish at the end of this scene, that's the dead Borg that Worf chopped up.

Perhaps on a small screen it might give you that impression but on a 51 incher it does not. There are three people walking. One is not flying around dead. They are all walking. Nope it's a boo boo!

Ktrek

Edited by Ktrek

In the crossover story with DS9 (Sorry, I don't remember the title), Alexander Siddig is wearing his set slippers over his shoes in his last scene - you can see them while he's walking away.

I HAVE ONLY SEEn ONE BOO BOO AND,

THAT WAS IN A TOS EPISODE YOU COULD SEE

THE MIC BOOM ABOVE KIRKS HEAD B)

As for the third person on the deflector dish at the end of this scene, that's the dead Borg that Worf chopped up.

Perhaps on a small screen it might give you that impression but on a 51 incher it does not. There are three people walking. One is not flying around dead. They are all walking. Nope it's a boo boo!

Ktrek

Well, the drone's feet were still magnified to the hull. Let me go check the DVD... also gives me a good excuse to watch the "Worf on the Defiant" scene again. B)

EDIT: OK, I just checked my DVD, in the last scene of the deflector dish of which we're discussing for this specific blooper... At the top, there's the dead Borg and Worf. At the bttom, there's Picard. Checking DVD once more... Yep. Look closer and you'll see the figure is "swaying", not walking, he's a darker color than the space suits, and is missing half an arm. B)

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

If you look carefully at the beginning of Emergence when Data is performing the scene from the Tempest, when he approaches Picard and is holding the book down a little you can see a dialogue cheat sheet taped to the book that Brent is holding. It's only there for a few seconds and then it's gone the next time they show him.

This is a DS9 one. In 'Hippocratic Oath' Bashir and a Jem Ha'dar are talking to each other and the camera is constantly cutting from one to the other. Well... When Bashir is talking he and the Jem are facing each other but when the Jem's talking to Bashir, Bashir has his back to the Jem.

As the camera keeps cutting back and forth every couple of secs it's quite hard to notice. I only saw it when I rewinded my DVD's a couple of times...

I noticed a few minor errors, maybe I watch too much!

1) I think it's called Time Squared...it's in the 2nd yr and its the one with the duplicate Picard....In sick bay Picard tells Troi to stay with the duplicate and he leaves and she has a discussion with the dr. and walks out.

2) Suba Rosa...again Troi leaves the funeral with Crusher and then you see in the back ground while Picard is taking to the planet leader.

3) Insurrection...Everyone noticed this one...Troi again "I never kissed you with a beard before"...not totally true...Thomas Riker had a beard and she kisses him.

Don't get me wrong I like Troi...I actually think her telepathy should have been exploited in a few more episodes, but that's another topic.... :)

Edited by v_seven

I was once watching a TNG episode. I dont remember whitch one but I swear I heard them say deck 79. :cloud9:

I noticed a few minor errors, maybe I watch too much!

1) I think it's called Time Squared...it's in the 2nd yr and its the one with  the duplicate Picard....In sick bay Picard tells Troi to stay with the duplicate and he leaves and she has a discussion with the dr. and walks out.

2) Suba Rosa...again Troi leaves the funeral with Crusher and then you see in the back ground while Picard is taking to the planet leader.

3) Insurrection...Everyone noticed this one...Troi again "I never kissed you with a beard before"...not totally true...Thomas Riker had a beard and she kisses him.

Don't get me wrong I like Troi...I actually think her telepathy should have been exploited in a few more episodes, but that's another topic.... :clap:

Has anyone else noticed these? :(

Ok, I thought of one although it's in the movie section.

Anyway, in First Contact they come out of the temporal wake and say the shields are down. But when the Enterprise fires quantums on the sphere there is a field around the ship.

When they fire the torpedoes it becomes visable. :o

In 'Unification' just after Data has given Sela the Vulcan Neck Pinch, they begin to walk towards the exit of the room. They walk by a green glass object on a desk and you can clearly see the reflection of a crewmember wearing glasses. I heard it somewhere that this is the director of the episode Cliff Bole.