Sign in to follow this  
TheDoctor

Something that's been bothering me.

Would the intrepid class still be in production in 2380? It was first produced in 2367.

Do you know if they're still making it in 2380?

Edited by thedoctor

most likely. It was designed as a sleek and maneuoverable craft, and - with techno enhancements - it could still function in 2380 (current post VOY and NEM time).

The Galaxy-class is a bit out-dated now, although it would most likley replace the ambassador.

The Soverign, the Defiant, the Akira, the Sabre, the Steamrunner, the Excelsior and the Norway classes are all current ships (most were built for the Dominion War)

its possible but the design is 13 years old. it would not be a first line ship though

Guest Mike_Hines01

It's possible the Intrepid class would still be in production in 2380, probably just not as many as when they were first released though.

I'd say they're still being produced. The first few Galaxys (Galaxy, Ent-D, Yamato) were out for a good while - around 5 yrs - before we started seeing new Galaxys roaming around, and it isn't even a mass-production vessel. The Venture is probably at least 8 or 9 yrs newer than the Ent-D.

For a ship as useful and advanced as the Intrepid, the production run could likely last 20-30 yrs. Just imo.

Would the intrepid class still be in production in 2380? It was first produced in 2367.

Do you know if they're still making it in 2380?

Well, it's my observation of Star Trek's portrayal of the 23rd and 24th centuries that ship designs tend to last for several decades to over a century. After what Voyager survived in the Delta QUadrant, I think it's likely that the Intrepid-class will last a long time to come. :blink:

Thanks for replying everyone.

I think it would still be in production.

Even if it wasn't I think starfleet would design a starship that's more advanced but still has the basic design of an intrepid because it's so for the lack of a better word, good.

If one were to consider the years that the Excelsior class has been in production, then I believe it very possible that the Intrepid classcould be around in 2380.

:cool:

let us not forget the Prometheus class which provided Starfleet finished it's tests and kept it, it would be a current class ship as well. Probably as current a we are going to see for some time.

Edited by ussvaliant_co

let us not forget the Prometheus class which provided Starfleet finished it's tests and kept it, it would be a current class ship as well.  Probably as current a we are going to see for some time.

If fact the USS Prometheus was soo recent (classified) when we last saw it that it would probably just be coming into production.

:cool: