Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Would you see mixed or new cast movie?

Would you see mixed or new cast movie?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you see mixed or new cast movie?

• Mixed Cast
    • New Cast
    • I don't know.
    • Both ideas are lame.

I doubt there will be a 5th TNG movie, and a DS9 or VOY movie is possible but unlikely. With that said, I thought I'd do a poll to see if fans like the mixed or new cast idea or if they like neither.

So, let the voting begin, and share your thoughts. :force:

go New Cast! I think we could reverse the order of introductions - have the movie lead the TV series

Personally, I'd like to see a mixed cast set after NEMESIS, using varrious characters from TNG, DS9, & VOY in varrious roles from having Riker, Sisko, or Janeway as the star, down to having characters like Nog make a cameo.

For me, a new cast would be a sci-fi movie with STAR TREK in the title. :force:

A new cast, with cameos from a mixed cast, would seem to have a greater appeal to the younger movie goers., the up and coming, future Trekkies.

:force:LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Given the choice of a mixed cast or a new cast I'll go with a mixed cast. I believe it can make for a very entertaining movie if it is done right and has a good story..I just hope that they get a chance to move on after Nemesis..I hate the thought of no new theatrical movies for years and years..

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A MIXED CAST FILM

WITH SOME FROM VOY,TNG,DS9.............

:force::eek: :huh: ;) :P

I voted for new cast.

I personally want another TNG film and would be disappointed if Paramount try to move the franchise on. However I am really against the mixed cast idea of having a few people from here and a few others from there.

My idea for a new cast would be to set the film on the Titan with only Riker (Captain), Troy (Councillor) and Polaski (Doctor) as recognisable characters. The rest should then be entirely new characters. That would be a good idea to keep the franchise going until Enterprise is ready.

I voted for new cast.

I personally want another TNG film and would be disappointed if Paramount try to move the franchise on. However I am really against the mixed cast idea of having a few people from here and a few others from there.

My idea for a new cast would be to set the film on the Titan with only Riker (Captain), Troy (Councillor) and Polaski (Doctor) as recognisable characters. The rest should then be entirely new characters. That would be a good idea to keep the franchise going until Enterprise is ready.

It would work for new fans, but for me, the whole point of a Trek movie is to move the TV show to the big screen. A new cast wouldn't accomplish this.

I'd be happy to watch either one, but my vote goes to a new cast. In my mind, it's the only way to bring the franchise back to life.

(in a hurry now; might say more later)

I'd be happy to watch either one, but my vote goes to a new cast. In my mind, it's the only way to bring the franchise back to life.

(in a hurry now; might say more later)

Yes, but how could it when a new cast has nothing to do with the TV shows?

It would still be Star Trek, but I'd have to explain and describe to you the whole scenario I have planned out in my head. That would take too long. :blink:

Well at the end of Nemesis Picard lost his 1st officer,med officer,ops officer, and ships counselor. Looks to me any TNG movie would be a mixed cast and/or new cast movie. :laugh:

Well at the end of Nemesis Picard lost his 1st officer,med officer,ops officer, and ships counselor. Looks to me any TNG movie would be a mixed cast and/or new cast movie. :laugh:

If it's a mixed-crew or new-crew, it wouldn't be TNG. :dude:

My point exactly!! Short of some really ridiculous 'explanation' for the return of ...well really just about everyone.. to the Enterprise a true TNG movie isn't very likely, so any future movie with Picard and the Enterprise is really going to include characters from the other series and probably new ones as well. So depending on your point of view the same movie could be labeled a TNG movie, a new cast movie,or a mixed cast movie! :laugh: I can hardly wait for THOSE arguments :wow:

I would love to see a new frontier movie. It would have the best of both worlds(pun intended). It would have people that trek fans would reconize like Shelby and Selar but it would also have alot of new people to explore.

If it's a mixed-crew or new-crew, it wouldn't be TNG. :wow:

My point exactly!! Short of some really ridiculous 'explanation' for the return of ...well really just about everyone.. to the Enterprise a true TNG movie isn't very likely, so any future movie with Picard and the Enterprise is really going to include characters from the other series and probably new ones as well. So depending on your point of view the same movie could be labeled a TNG movie, a new cast movie,or a mixed cast movie! :laugh: I can hardly wait for THOSE arguments :dude:

I bet ya it'll be Captain Riker of the Enterprise or Titan since Patrick Stewart's not interrested in doing a 5th movie.

i really would like another movie, and as i love voyager i'd love to see some voyager cast, but then again it would also be good to see DS9 cast also.

the idea of a new cast again is a good idea and bringing that out first rather than the series i agree would be cool trekzone, but they would really have to make it appeal to everyone and not just 'another star trek movie'

Mixed. A new cast would be too hard to get used to in one movie. They would have to put way too much background info to make the characters real, which would take too much time in a Star Trek movie.