Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

Do you think we will see a Daedalus-class?

Do you think they'll show a variation of the Daedalus-class ships (on Star Trek: Enterprise)?

Click for Spoiler:

daedalus.jpg

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

:waaaa::waaaa::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated:

The Doctor: 'You want dominion over the living, yet all you do is kill!'

The Master: 'Life is wasted on the living!' -Doctor Who (1996 TV Movie)

spoiler box added

Edited by Alterego

Do we know about any ships that exist earlier than this? i suppose it depends when Starfleet start building NCC registry ships, at the moment they may still be using NX registries

NX registry means prototype or experrimental. For the time being, it seems all ships are experrimental, thus NX-class, NX-01, NX-02, and so forth. The supposed Daedalus-class would be the first Starfleet design used by the Federation in 2161, which would be after ENT ended. Since the only info we have on the Daedalus-class is the name, and a model on Sisko's desk, I'd rather have something different. If nothing else, give the Daedalus-class a complete makeover like the Constitution-class got in the movies.

I shall quote "The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future"(3rd edition)

Daedalus-class starship. One

of the first types of starships

commissioned and operated

under the auspices of the

United Federation of Planets.

These ships were among the

first to demonstrate the pri-

mary/secondary hull and warp

nacelle designs that would

become characteristic of Star-

fleet vessels. The U.S.S. Essex, destroyed in 2167 at Mab-Bu

VI, was a Daedalus-class starship. The Daedalus class was

retired from service in 2196. ("Power Play" [TNG]). We speculate

that the U.S.S. Horizon ("A Piece of the Action" [TOS]) and the

U.S.S. Archon ("Return of the Archons" [TOS]) were also of the

Daedalus class. A conjectural design for this class, based on an

early Enterprise design by Matt Jeffries and built by Greg Jein, is

pictured here. This model has been seen as a desktop display in

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

:waaaa::waaaa::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated::assimilated:

whopic025.jpg

I think that it would be great to see a Daedalus class starship (even if the conjectural design is not used). I think it is time that the Daldalus class is given a definative design in the ST Universe.

Plus I think it looked kinda cool.

:cool:

Edited by shadowfigment

The short answer: Yes, I would like to see a Daedalus class vessel on Enterprise.

The short answer: Yes, I would like to see a Daedalus class vessel on Enterprise.

Ditto for me.

If nothing else, give the Daedalus-class a complete makeover like the Constitution-class got in the movies.

I also don't want the look of it changed at all. I always get what's "canon" crammed down my throat so, I think they should stick with the design as it has been shown from the start because that is what's canon. :waaaa:

I've always hoped that we would see this class of ship at some point. And I too think the design shouldn't be changed at all. It looks fine the way that it is. It's the way it was meant to look..I especially like the totally round primary hull..

I shall quote "The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future"(3rd edition)
Daedalus-class starship. One

of the first types of starships

commissioned and operated

under the auspices of the

United Federation of Planets.

These ships were among the

first to demonstrate the pri-

mary/secondary hull and warp

nacelle designs that would

become characteristic of Star-

fleet vessels. The U.S.S. Essex, destroyed in 2167 at Mab-Bu

VI, was a Daedalus-class starship. The Daedalus class was

retired from service in 2196. ("Power Play" [TNG]). We speculate

that the U.S.S. Horizon ("A Piece of the Action" [TOS]) and the

U.S.S. Archon ("Return of the Archons" [TOS]) were also of the

Daedalus class. A conjectural design for this class, based on an

early Enterprise design by Matt Jeffries and built by Greg Jein, is

pictured here. This model has been seen as a desktop display in

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Until we see it on screen, it's not canon. :waaaa: I for one hope it gets a complete overhaul if they decide to use it in the next series or an ENT movie.

I've always hoped that we would see this class of ship at some point. And I too think the design shouldn't be changed at all. It looks fine the way that it is. It's the way it was meant to look..I especially like the totally round primary hull..

I like the round primary hull design as well. I liked the U.S.S Pastuer's (TNG: All Good Things) design... Round Primary hull. I believe that the official class of that ship was Olympic (even though the dedication plaque stated it to be Hope) class.

I hope to see more round primary hull designs.

Has anyone noticed that Daedalus is smaller than NX? :waaaa:

Is it? How do you know if there has never been one in any show or movie? What are it's dimensions?

We have seen that model in Sisko's office so I believe that the general design of the ship is canon. However the dimensions are another question. We have no way of knowing how big it is. Is it bigger than the NX or not..

That ex-astris-scientia Website says this:

Class specifications

Length: 105m

Crew complement: 230

How did they get this info?

Edited by spacetigger

It is canon, we've seen it onscreen.  :waaaa:

Unless someone referred to Sisko's desk-top model as a model of a Deadalus-class starship, we've never seen them on screen. Also, check this out...

Click for Spoiler:

daedalus.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

nx01-starboard.gif

If you compare these two deck charts, the Daedalus-class is clearly smaller. Should it be bigger? Or, if they were to make it a smaller ship, should it have more space per deck?

If it's not a Daedalus then what is it?

Yeah, I see difference in sizes, the NX is clearly larger but before I concede on the issue of changing it's dimensions for future appearances I'd like to know what this class of ships mission was. Perhaps it's being smaller is a logical function of its proposed mission. How many were built?

I for one hope they do show the Daedalus class ship, maybe towards the end if Enterprise's run. And I hope they leave it the way most of us know the ship looks like.

I see someone was stuck in a time-loop. (I hate them too, btw)

:wow: :P :P :grin:

'No.' Bragg shook his head. 'It is too far in the in the past.' he upturned the table, sending mugs and instruments crashing to the floor. 'We cannot undo the damage. We cannot escape!'-Doctor Who: Anachrophobia written by Jonathan Morris

Click for Spoiler:

0563538473.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I for one hope they do show the Daedalus class ship, maybe towards the end if Enterprise's run. And I hope they leave it the way most of us know the ship looks like.

Well, they're gonna have to change it, as it looks primitive in comparrison to the NX-01 Enterprise. Maybe keep the shape and size, but give it an upgraded look like the Enterprise got for the first movie? In any event, if they decide to use this ship, I'm OK with it as long as it gets a major upgrade in appearance and saved till after the Federation is founded, most likely in a movie.