Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Any chance SciFi would pick up ENT

Do you think there is any chance the Scifi channel would pick up Enterprise if UPN cancels it? They picked up StargateSG1 when Showtime cancelled it and it has become their top rated show. I don't think UPN should ever get another ST series - they don't know what they're doing.

Agreed, but someone once asked me why Paramount would put ENT in syndication or on another network if it fails on their OWN network.

I, however, agree. UPN is killing Trek. Trek was fine till '99.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I think that UPN will keep Ent until the final season, then they will syndicate it to make more bank off of it. But I wish that SciFi or Spike TV would pick up DS9 and Voyager. I find it hard to find or watch anywhere on TV.

Stardate:21330.8

I think TNN(or spike,whatever) will pick it up before SciFi. But Years after Ent has finished they might

I think TNN(or spike,whatever) will pick it up before SciFi. But Years after Ent has finished they might

That's not what I meant - I'm not talking about syndicated reruns. There are a few shows that have been cancelled by their orignial network and picked up by another network. For instance, NBC cancelled JAG after the first season and CBS picked it up. WB cancelled buffy UPN picked it up. Showtime cancelled Stargate and SciFi picked it up. By picking it up I mean they continued production of new episodes.

I think ENT would get as much viewership as Stargate for the Scifi channel and Scifi has maintained the quality of production that Showtime had. The difference is Anderson is a producer as well as a star. I don't know if ENT has anyone to lobby for it like Stargate did.

So if they cancel ENT after this season I wonder if Scifi would pick it up for next season?

That's not what I meant - I'm not talking about syndicated reruns. There are a few shows that have been cancelled by their orignial network and picked up by another network. For instance, NBC cancelled JAG after the first season and CBS picked it up. WB cancelled buffy UPN picked it up. Showtime cancelled Stargate and SciFi picked it up. By picking it up I mean they continued production of new episodes.

I think ENT would get as much viewership as Stargate for the Scifi channel and Scifi has maintained the quality of production that Showtime had. The difference is Anderson is a producer as well as a star. I don't know if ENT has anyone to lobby for it like Stargate did.

So if they cancel ENT after this season I wonder if Scifi would pick it up for next season?

ROSWELL was cancelled by the WB and picked up by UPN. :blink:

I doubt ENT would get higher ratings on Sci-Fi as it's a much smaller network, but it would definitely get a larger percentage of Sci-Fi channel viewers than the percentage of UPN viewers who watch it now. Often, being a high-rated show on a small network is safer than being a low-rated show on a medium-sized network.

It wouldn't affect me personally either way, though, since we still have to pay for both! :)