Sign in to follow this  
welfconfed

We hardly know ya....

What species were on TNG that you believed had great potential,but never got a chance, or was a great concept but when it got to the screen it was just ruined?

My candidates: The selay and anticans (mainly because I liked the cobra-like look of the selay and I like the idea of Marc Alaimo (gul dukat from DS9,he also played the leader of the anticans) as a recurring adversary for picard, though they needed to scale back the antican make up so that the actors expressions weren't masked.

I always wanted to see more of the Bolians and their culture and the Andorians :laugh: , although Enterprise seems to be using the Andorians nicely.

I would have liked to see some more about the Scytherians too.

For a lot of those species, there are often books with some of the more obscure species in prominent places. For example, in the book Once Burned, there is an Andorian security officer (ussacclaim) and there are several other books like that.

I think Q was missused. In TNG he was protrayed as a really mean guy, when I bet he'd be nice if you gave him a chance. Yeah, I did just say that out of hopes that he'd give my bike back.

I don't think Q was mean, it's not his fault that no one on TNG could get the joke. I'd love it if someone gave me a mariachi band or two semi naked women. Picard always was kind of a stick in the mud.