Sign in to follow this  
trekzone

Australian Driving

how are they related? - read on..

In Australia, recent law changes have seen the improvment of the Driving (car) learner permits. These changes include a two stage learner permit, the first stage, when you initialy attain your license, this limits you to 80km/h and you cannot drive on country roads or freeways.

The second phase grants you 100km/h and access to freeways and country roads.

Basicly this thread is for congratulations to be passed to me for passing the practical driving test - which now means i hold an Australian 2nd phase learners permit...

bit slow - me being 17 and 2 months....but - yeah!

Congrats! :spock: Dangit; trying to do the conversion in my head but I'm half asleep.

Congrats on the learners permit! :spock:

The restriction on country roads for the 1st phase permit is interesting. In Northern California, where I was raised, my dad would teach me how to drive by taking me out on country roads - very little traffic. I'm guessing the country roads are a different driving situation out your way. (Or maybe not - I'm not even sure what I mean! :spock: )

CJLP you just completly went off-topic...can a mod move those relevant posts to the risa thread.....this is meant to be a celebratory post, not a privacy thread! RC said it "we are so off-topic"

I'll do it now. Some posts that have comments about both topics will go to the new thread in risa, owners of those posts may repost a congrats here if they wish.

Congrats Trekzone!

Nice work, man! Seems interesting this two stage learner permit. I think we could use something like that here in Sweden.

way cool man congratulations. so whats 100kmh =in mph anyway?

It's about 60 mph.

Congrats on the licence Trekzone.

ouch, only 60. id be in a whole heep of trouble then, like sammy said i cant drive 55, well i cant drive 65. lol. so 80 kmh must've really killed ya. lol. just kidding, i know its great just to be able to finally drive. congrats again.

CJLP you just completly went off-topic...can a mod move those relevant posts to the risa thread.....this is meant to be a celebratory post, not a privacy thread! RC said it "we are so off-topic"

I'll do it now. Some posts that have comments about both topics will go to the new thread in risa, owners of those posts may repost a congrats here if they wish.

Congrats Trekzone!

thanks AE!

and thanks to everyone for the congrats!

just spent 5 hours on the freeway for my film! great fun