Theunicornhunter

Bad Luck or World Class Scam

Was the winning ticket "lost"  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Was the winning ticket "lost"

• No, this woman is a scam artist extraordinaire
    • Yes, people can lose tickets
    • Let the courts decide

surely you've heard the story by now. Woman claims she had the winning ticket and lost it - claims numbers all had family relevance. Although probably all of us could find some relevance in the numbers. The winner also had another ticket purchased at the same time/place and a previous ticket with the same numbers.

Think about - all the woman has to do is claim she "lost" a ticket and now she's filing suit. How sad the for the winner.

This is so stupid!!! How do you prove your claim? Having bought a ticket at the same time doesn't prove a thing. It could have been the person in front of her or the person behind her in line who got the winning ticket. If she wants to claim the money I suggest she start searching her home to try to find the ticket or else she is out of luck.

There are millions of dollars worth of lottery prizes that don't get claimed every year. In Canada, our big lotteries have special draws a couple of times a year to give away the unclaimed money.

Yes, this story has been all over the news since yesterday. And I really don't know what to believe. If she did lose the ticket, I feel really bad for her. But to me it's no different than someone losing a $100 dollar bill, and another person finding it, and keeping it...............There's no way to prove that bill belonged to the person who claims they lost it. Anyone can claim they lost something...........Plus if the rule is whoever brings in the winning ticket gets the money.............what can you do???? :spock:

People just try everything these days.. I think it's all just a bunch of b*ll(I'm trying to say a bad word but can't).

I think its silly that she is now filing a suit because she claimed to have the winning ticket and lost it but feels she deserves the money. Thats insane! if she were to win the case then that will open the floodgates for other people claiming they had winning tickets and lost them.

If she was stupid enough to lose the ticket then she is just S.O.L.

If she lost it, and thinks she can prove it, she's an idiot. If she's a scam artist, she's an idiot as well. Lol. It's a win-less situation.

I just saw another news story today stating that the woman who supposedly "lost" the winning ticket has admitted she lied. It seems the police checked her criminal record and she has a long history of cons and frauds, including passing forged checks. Guess no lawsuit will be forthcoming after all!

I would be hard pressed to believe this is the first time this has happened, in ANY state, so I am assuming that there are legal precidents that have been set concerning lotto fraud. as far as I am concerned, though, no ticket, no cash. but as I voted, it's not up to me, it's up to the courts.