Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holland

What would the Klingons think of our culture?

If you recall I posted "What would the Ferengi think of our culture" and in it said that I would do the same with other cultures. So here it is, What do you think the Klingons would think of our culture. I think there reaction would be based on our war tactics and so fourth. What do you think?

I agree they would look for similarities and find some, but not as many as there would be differences.

Seeing as Klingon culture is based on several Earth cultures combined, they wouldn't have any problems finding similarities. All they have to do is find us Klingon fans and say hello. We already speak their language, wear their uniforms and worship them like gods. :spock:

I think a much more intresting question would be, "How would you react if you found a truly alien culture?". Somewhere where the socital norms are all backwords, moral codes are turned inside out and upside down, religion doesn't exist or is so different you could barely comprehend.

Trek is one of the doorways to greater understanding. Most people just hang around the entrance and peek in from time to time, but those that jump inside and run screaming through the corridors ultimatly learn the true message of Trek and what Gene was really trying to teach us.

How would the Empire react..? Before or after the Imperial fleet destroyed the various world capitals , slaughtered the worlds military , executed all the government officials, and appointed an imperial overseer to enforce martial law ?

not that anyones complaining!!!

:borg2::assimilated::borg2:

I think the Klingons would find parallels in some of our planets cultures. Particularly the ancient warriors ( vikings, Samurai ect). I dont think they would identify with American society as it is today though.

The Klingon's are based on a mixture of several human cultures drawing various ideas from each:

Vikings (Beards, drinking, war songs.)

Samurai (Honour, delight in battle, suicide if shamed.)

Sioux Indians (Warrior code, sayings like: "Today is a good day to die.")

Early Romans (A council, a wish to expand their borders, rich families in control.)

British empire (Massive fleet, self-righteous and unsympathetic.)

they would think us little wimps. most thing they do is so much more...violent. :blink:

Well, for one thing, if we encoutered the Klingons now, we would curse the Little Green aliens for not conquering us before the Klingons arrived. The Klingons would just classify us as a slave race and wouldn't care that much about our primitive culture. On the other hand if this happens in the future ( as in Star Trek ) when humanity has hit space, then things are different and it is possible that they would care about our culture. In my opinion this is also the case with any alien life encountered since even the pacifist ones would not care to contact a primitive race.

I doubt the Klingons would have much interest in us, unless we had some sort of untapped mines deep below the surface they needed. If that was the case, then the Klingons seem like the kind who'd take what they needed and leave, in a very "Wham! Bam! Thank you ma'am!" manner.

I think they would enjoy us militarily, but think we fall short of the mark on every campaign. That we just dont go far enough to get the job done. We'd have to take lessons.

OH MAN. I can just hear it now. Worf, "Meh, meh, meh,meh." In my ear all the time, just like he was with Jadzia. :laugh: Contolling, bossy just a cold, wet blanket. Not unlike many human males. :laugh::hammer: { Sorry Worf } :laugh:

they would probably call us ferengis lol

165434[/snapback]

I tend to agree, but I think they'd have an even lower opinion of us then that. Quark tells us in an episode of DS9 that the Ferengi, for all their greed, have never engaged in things like systematic genocide or death-camps. I think the Klingons would look at us as essentially a depressingly decadent culture with no honor at all. They'd find most of our religious ridiculous and our politics convoluted. Hell, they wouldn't even like our food...

"...too bland for the stomach of a Klingon." -Kern (brother of Worf)

Hmmmm, I really haven't had a decent governorship since that incident on Organia..................

I doubt the Klingons would have much interest in us, unless we had some sort of untapped mines deep below the surface they needed. If that was the case, then the Klingons seem like the kind who'd take what they needed and leave, in a very "Wham! Bam! Thank you ma'am!" manner.

252843[/snapback]

That sounds more like the Orions.

I think they would like our brutal military history and try to teach us the teachings of Kahless.

They would find us to be without honor, and probably slaughter us all. At least I hope that's what they do to wastes of space like Paris Hilton.

they would probably call us ferengis lol

165434[/snapback]

I tend to agree, but I think they'd have an even lower opinion of us then that. Quark tells us in an episode of DS9 that the Ferengi, for all their greed, have never engaged in things like systematic genocide or death-camps. I think the Klingons would look at us as essentially a depressingly decadent culture with no honor at all. They'd find most of our religious ridiculous and our politics convoluted. Hell, they wouldn't even like our food...

"...too bland for the stomach of a Klingon." -Kern (brother of Worf)

On the other hand, we also have Hooters. Klingons like Hooters.

Since the Treaty and the fall of Praxis, our Empire has been forced to re examin our core values and consider other avenues of survival, such as politaical and social integration with the Humans. It is awkward at times, especially in the areas of understanding Human humor, I think in that respect, the Klingons and the Vulcans share the same bewilderment.

All in all, so long as repect is shown mutually, I think our races will get along fine.

And please pass the Torg.

:yahoo: