Sign in to follow this  
MoulinRouge

Berman says exciting developments in "Harbinger"

Well..its about time we got some new episodes coming our way. I seem to suffer from withdrawls of new material during Christmas break and hiatus. I'm looking forward to the back history that "Harbinger" will present.

Only a little more than a week from now....... "Chosen Realm!" ;)

Yes, good they want to honor Kellie Waymire

As for the other, I've said it before and I'll say it again

Click for Spoiler:

There is not a tasteful way to do a "relationship" beteen Trip and T'Pol - they don't belong together. They are two phyically attractive people and if TPTB want too good looking people bouncing on the sheets then have the kohonas to say "we're adding sex to attract viewers". Don't insult my intelligence by calling it a "relationship" because a relationship between these two is inconsistent with the characters. I also think it will destroy any chance of the mccoy/spock relationship these characters were supposed to have. And it was the character's relationships not Kirk's vixen of the week that made TOS such compelling drama

This IS NOT a complaint that they shouldn't have sex in the series - it is a complaint that they shouldn't sacrifice character development in order to do it. If all they want is sheet wrestling then I suggest the alien of the week method that worked so well for Kirk. If they want relationships they should try to find compatible characters. I fear this development will only enhance the cartoon nature of the character's.

As for the other, I've said it before and I'll say it again

Click for Spoiler:

There is not a tasteful way to do a "relationship" beteen Trip and T'Pol - they don't belong together.  They are two phyically attractive people and if TPTB want too good looking people bouncing on the sheets then have the kohonas to say "we're adding sex to attract viewers". Don't insult my intelligence by calling it a "relationship" because a relationship between these two is inconsistent with the characters.  I also think it will destroy any chance of the mccoy/spock relationship these characters were supposed to have.  And it was the character's relationships not Kirk's vixen of the week that made TOS such compelling drama

This IS NOT a complaint that they shouldn't have sex in the series - it is a complaint that they shouldn't sacrifice character development in order to do it.  If all they want is sheet wrestling then I suggest the alien of the week method that worked so well for Kirk.  If they want relationships they should try to find compatible characters. I fear this development will only enhance the cartoon nature of the character's.

Click for Spoiler:

I agree with you 100% on the sex issue; it's shameless the way tptb are promoting these things.

However, I don't have a problem w/ the characters of Trip and T'pol being put into a relationship. For some reason, each series feels the need to have characters in a romantic relationship at some point in time. Even though I don't think it's absolutely necessary, I believe out of everyone on that ship T'Pol and Trip are most suited for each other. Their relationship has interest in no matter what form it takes, imho, but I don't think they could capture any of the humor of the Spock/Bones interaction; to me it would look like the writers are trying too hard to force the dialogue and resort (again) to copying another series.

As for it not being in their natures, I'm more than willing to read your reasoning, but I don't see that the idea is too far-fetched. T'Pol seems like the type of woman Trip would go for - someone he originally has conflict with (I think the example ep here is "Precious Cargo"; will have to check), and as we've seen, T'Pol isn't your average Vulcan. Obviously, in a short period of time, Vulcans will allow themselves to be attracted to and even marry into the Terran race. Sarek did it twice, and the first time will happen, I think, fewer than 100 yrs from the time of ENT.

I could easily be wrong, though (and am definitely off-topic - sorry :bow: ).

Edited by Ace

Click for Spoiler:

... Even though I don't think it's absolutely necessary, I believe out of everyone on that ship T'Pol and Trip are most suited for each other. Their relationship has interest in no matter what form it takes, imho, but I don't think they could capture any of the humor of the Spock/Bones interaction; to me it would look like the writers are trying too hard to force the dialogue and resort (again) to copying another series.

As for it not being in their natures, I'm more than willing to read your reasoning, but I don't see that the idea is too far-fetched. T'Pol seems like the type of woman Trip would go for - someone he originally has conflict with (I think the example ep here is "Precious Cargo"; will have to check), and as we've seen, T'Pol isn't your average Vulcan. Obviously, in a short period of time, Vulcans will allow themselves to be attracted to and even marry into the Terran race. Sarek did it twice, and the first time will happen, I think, fewer than 100 yrs from the time of ENT.

I could easily be wrong, though (and am definitely off-topic - sorry :bow: ).

I understand what you're saying:

Click for Spoiler:

about the analogy you used from Precious Cargo. But I see it differently - that character Kaitama was an emotional being and they went from one emotion to another. T'Pol is not supposed to be an emotional being - I feel they're rewriting Vulcan nature to fill the need to add sex to the series. Also Trip is a very emotional being even by human standards...he is simply more emotional than say Malcolm or Archer. I believe in temperament T'Pol would be much more suited to either of them. I think it wouldn't be proper for the First Officer and Captain to become involved and Malcolm, endearing as he may be, just doesn't elicit the same response when he takes off his shirt that Trip does.

So it boils down to the all too common philosophy that physical beauty is the only ingredient necessary for a relationship. Indeed, that is the Hollywood Mantra in a nutshell. I think our characters deserve more.

UH, if I didn't know any better I'd think your trying to keep Trip all to yourself!Lovehearts.gif

lol, I'm so glad you know me better...

Click for Spoiler:

Now if I had to match Trip up with another ST character - I think maybe Ezri seems more compatible...I know not same timeframe but what do you think?