Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Should each series be continued past the finale?

Should each series be continued past the finale?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should each series be continued past the finale?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know.
    • I don't care.

Here's what I believe our current options are:

TNG - 5th movie with Riker in command of the Enterprise-E.

DS9 - Big screen movie, all we'd need is a quick prolouge explaining the series finale, and maybe a few flashback scenes.

VOY - We really don't know what happens to the crew, despite fan assumptions, so I would think this leaves the biggest door open for a movie. All they'd have to figure out is how to get Janeway back on Voyager, or whatever ship they use.

ENT - I'd say wait till the show ends, then do a movie.

Mixed Cast - I believe this could be our best chance! Imagine this:

U.S.S. Titan NCC-*****

Captain - William T. Riker

Executive Officer - Shelby (from "The Best of Both Worlds")

Chief Engineer - Miles O'Brien (transferred from Starfleet Acadamy)

Science Officer - (someone new)

Doctor - Voyager's EMH (with a name)

Helmsman - Nog (Ferengi character from DS9)

Counselor - Deanna Troi

That's just an example, but you see how it could work.

As for an entirely new cast of characters? It'd just be a sci-fi movie with STAR TREK stamped on it. :assimilated:

DS9 - Big screen movie, all we'd need is a quick prolouge explaining the series finale, and maybe a few flashback scenes.

VOY - We really don't know what happens to the crew, despite fan assumptions, so I would think this leaves the biggest door open for a movie.  All they'd have to figure out is how to get Janeway back on Voyager, or whatever ship they use.

Mixed Cast - I believe this could be our best chance!  Imagine this:

U.S.S. Titan NCC-*****

Counselor - Deanna Troi

As for an entirely new cast of characters?  It'd just be a sci-fi movie with STAR TREK stamped on it. :assimilated:

Well, the TNG idea wouldn't work seeing as how Picard is still captain of the Enterprise and Riker has gone to the Titan. Even if Picard left the Enterprise, would starfleet really let Riker jump back aboard so quickly after gaining command of Titan?

I like the DS9 idea, the prologue could be a part of the opening credits, although I think to work it needs to have Sisko in it - could he be brought back in a convincing realistic (for the star trek universe) way?

My opinon on a VOY movie can be seen about 10ish posts up

ENT is my weakpoint on the star trek universe so i cant really comment

Mixed cast would be very hard to pull off successfully and would need a very strong plotline to hold it together, along with a plausible axplanation for how so many crew's from different incarnations end up on the same ship

Anyone else got any ideas???

VOY - We really don't know what happens to the crew, despite fan assumptions, so I would think this leaves the biggest door open for a movie.  All they'd have to figure out is how to get Janeway back on Voyager, or whatever ship they use.

Mixed Cast - I believe this could be our best chance!  Imagine this:

U.S.S. Titan NCC-*****

Counselor - Deanna Troi

As for an entirely new cast of characters?  It'd just be a sci-fi movie with STAR TREK stamped on it. :assimilated:

Well, the TNG idea wouldn't work seeing as how Picard is still captain of the Enterprise and Riker has gone to the Titan. Even if Picard left the Enterprise, would starfleet really let Riker jump back aboard so quickly after gaining command of Titan?

Simple, show that Picard is an Admiral at the beginning, and have Admiral Picard transfer Captain Riker and Counselor Troi to the Enterprise. :borg2:

I like the DS9 idea, the prologue could be a part of the opening credits, although I think to work it needs to have Sisko in it - could he be brought back in a convincing realistic (for the star trek universe) way?

Well, if they ever do a DS9 movie, I firmly believe that a "Sisko returns" story would have to be the center plot.

ENT is my weakpoint on the star trek universe so i cant really comment

Well, wether you've seen ENT or not, I generally don't like the idea of a mid-series movie. I'd rather wait till the show comes to a close, then do a movie and maybe sequals.

Mixed cast would be very hard to pull off successfully and would need a very strong plotline to hold it together, along with a plausible axplanation for how so many crew's from different incarnations end up on the same ship

Well, the characters in a mixed cast film would all be from the 24th century. Instead of trying to pick 2-3 people from TNG, DS9, and VOY, I'd rather see them use existing characters and assemble a new crew. Any logical movie goer would know the movie is set after TNG, DS9, & VOY ended, and that people get transferred. :borg2:

But would Picard accept promotion? surely he would remember the advice given to him by Kirk in Generations, and would he really want to leave the Enterprise? Could they force the promotion upon him? surely you cant make someone a higher rank if they dont want it...

What i meant about the crew from different shows being put together is, each series runs through a number of years within the Trek universe. The crews have been with their shipmates this long and now they all suddenly transfer away? It's possible, but kinda dodgy I think. It would be rather convenient for them all to end up in the same place.

But would Picard accept promotion? surely he would remember the advice given to him by Kirk in Generations, and would he really want to leave the Enterprise? Could they force the promotion upon him? surely you cant make someone a higher rank if they dont want it...

Well, Picard is getting old. Maybe he decides he's too old to command the Enterprise anymore. As for transferring Riker & Troi to the Enterprise, that could be a thank-you for saving his bacon from the Borg. :borg2:

What i meant about the crew from different shows being put together is, each series runs through a number of years within the Trek universe. The crews have been with their shipmates this long and now they all suddenly transfer away? It's possible, but kinda dodgy I think. It would be rather convenient for them all to end up in the same place.

Well, people "eventually" move on. Watch the DS9 finally, and you'll see how they go in differrent directions. You're got an excellent point, it would be kind'a silly for varrious people we know to just "happen" to end up on the same ship. Then again, in the 5th & 6th movies, we had Captain Kirk, Captain Spock, and Captain Scott on the same ship with Kirk in command. :assimilated:

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

True, true, but then its Kirk isnt it? He can get away with almost anything unscathed (short of stealing starships as we well know) lol

True, true, but then its Kirk isnt it? He can get away with almost anything unscathed (short of stealing starships as we well know) lol

I thought we were talking about Picard! :assimilated:

I was merely refering to your comment about there being three captains on board the enterprise, Kirk probably pulled a few strings back at Starfleet or something

I thought we were talking about Picard! :assimilated:

I was merely refering to your comment about there being three captains on board the enterprise, Kirk probably pulled a few strings back at Starfleet or something

Oh that, woopsy. :borg2: