Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Exile Revisted

I watched the repeat last night and noticed a similarity to the "story" of phantom of the opera (I guess it's the same as beauty and the beast as well but I don't remember that story as well) Did you feel sorry for Tarquin? I can say I didn't - he tried to force Hoshi to stay with him.

And I still never understood why he couldn't leave his planet - granted he was exiled from his homeworld that doesn't answer why he couldn't jump aboard a passing starship (bartering knowledge) and go anywhere else?

When it first ran others commented on her dress and whether it was appropriate to the circumstances. I noticed that at the end when she went to see the Captain regarding Tarquin's final visit she changed into her uniform. Should she have maintained that professionalism while on Tarquin's planet? If I was alone on a planet with a person that I perceived as even remotely lecherous (and Tarquin's mind invasion certainly fit this bill) I would maintain as professional an appearance as possible.

When it first ran others commented on her dress and whether it was appropriate to the circumstances.  I noticed that at the end when she went to see the Captain regarding Tarquin's final visit she changed into her uniform.  Should she have maintained that professionalism while on Tarquin's planet?  If I was alone on a planet with a person that I perceived as even remotely lecherous (and Tarquin's mind invasion certainly fit this bill) I would maintain as professional an appearance as possible.

It seems logical for her to have the standard uniform on, however Hoshi has a wonderful figure and you can't blame the directors for taking advantage of that..