Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Spot that actor!

Meant to post this a couple days ago.

I had read in another topic where VBG had spotted the actor who plays DS9's Rom in Bruce Almighty. I then went off to watch tv, and spotted him myself as the guy who gets whacked at the beginning of Sister Act! Kept surfing and saw one or two more Trek actors in Apollo 13. They're everywhere.

I know most of you know of many appearances by Trek actors in other movies/tv shows/ etc, and I know there are already lists compiled other places, but I was just wanting to see which appearances you all remembered. Point them out for those of us who may have missed 'em. :lol:

For starters, Bob Picardo played one of the Taylor's annoying neighbors in several eps of Home Improvement. I can't remember the character's name, but I think he sold steaks for a living. :dude:

Also, has anyone else been playing close attention to the car commercials lately? Listen closely, and you'll hear Kate Mulgrew as the voice of the Ford Freestar. My mother even picked up on that one before I did.

Anyone else want to name a few?

I saw Alexander Siddig on an A&E Network show MI5 - wasn't really following the show but saw him.

Saw preview of Picardo in an upcoming epi of SG-SG1 - so everyone can be on the lookout, other SG1 appearances have been made by by John DeLancie, Rene Auberjonois, Marina Sirtis, "Quark", Jolene Blalock and John Billingsley(everyone should see this epi)

I heard Mulgrew's voice in taht commercial just last night.

I think they should pin this thread so we can post any upcoming appearances we hear about.

I don't know about upcoming but I can tell you some old ones.

In a movie called Remo(in england at least) back in the mid 80s Mulgrew played the Romantic interest to the lead.

Bob Picardo was in the mid 80s movie Inner space

If I remember right, I think she also played Billy Crystal's estranged wife in "Throw Momma From the Train."

I could swear I saw Nana Visitor play the murderer in an ep of Matlock. :dude:

Of course she also had that season-long role as the primary bad-guy on Dark Angel.

Gates McFadden played Paul Reiser's boss on Mad About You.

If I remember right, I think she also played Billy Crystal's estranged wife in "Throw Momma From the Train."

I could swear I saw Nana Visitor play the murderer in an ep of Matlock. :dude:

Of course she also had that season-long role as the primary bad-guy on Dark Angel.

Gates McFadden played Paul Reiser's boss on Mad About You.

Nana V was also a blonde bad chick on Knight Rider once. She made the rounds of mystery tv in the eighties.

Seen Marc Alaimo on The Incredible Hulk (my personal favorite), Starsky and Hutch (multiple characters), The A-Team, Total Recall, Tango and Cash (another enjoyable one), Scarecrow and Mrs. King (one ep, and one other uncredited semi-appearance, I think), Wonder Woman, The Six Million Dollar Man (same ep as John de Lancie), etc., etc. Yes, I watch for him...

Andy Robinson was in a fun ep of Moonlighting once. I'm trying to borrow the Dirty Harry he was in, but my brother won't give it up! :lol:

Just saw Hawk - um, Avery Brooks - on a "documentary" on A&E (might have been The History Channel) on the Bible and Christmas. I didn't watch it. Worf has done several commercials. I love his speaking voice. de Lancie was also on the premier episode of the new Mission: Impossible. Good killer type.

There are way too many for one list...

I think I might have seen the guys who play Garak and Odo on Will and Grace. I'm not sure - it's hard to tell with their makeup off.