Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

What is your favorite Non-Trek Performance

Some of the trek actors have a greater body of work than others so you can pick your favorite overall performance of any Trek actor or just a performance by your favorite trek actor? Make sense..

Scott Bakula as Sam Beckett would be my favorite performance.

Also loved Robert Picardo in Matinee

Robert Picardo in Innerspace as the Cowboy  :dude:

I had forgotten that one! It was pretty good in hindsight. Picardo may be one of the most underrated actors in Hollywood.

I can't pick one particular role, but anything Patrick Stewart does is usually good.

If I have to pick just one role, it would have to be Whoopi Goldberg in "The Color Purple".

The role which was the most fun to watch was Jeffrey Combs as Herbert West in "The Reanimator".

TUH, if we include anyone who has ever appeared in Trek, my choice would be F. Murray Abraham in "Amadeus". One of the best of all time.

I liked Whoopi Goldberg in Ghost, but that is just what comes to mind. I have to think about it some more.

Brent Spiner as Dr. Brackish Okun in Independence Day but he's always great in everything he does.

Patrick Stewart in Moby (Please stop me from cursing) but he's always great too.

Paul Sorvino in Law & Order.

Whoopi Goldberg in The Color Purple & Ghost.

I can't think of any others right now.

Any non-trek role Patrick Stewart has ever played. :lol:

Okay, if I really had to pick one out of them, I'd say either Sterling ("Jeffrey") or Alistair Burke (guest appearance on "Frasier").

But I really can't decide. Anything he does is great. :dude:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I think Scott Bakula in Quantum leap was brilliant.  :dude:

I agree

also I liked:

Patrick Stewart in Moby (Please stop me from cursing),

William Shatner as the Big Giant Head on 3rd rock from the sun,

Patrick Stewart In Anything. Most Recently For Me, The X-Men Movies.

John De Lancie In Stargate SG-1 As Col. Simmons Is Also Very Cool.

Robert Picardo Is Gonna Be An Upcoming SG-1 Btw.

I dont know how many Brits there are on here, but did anyone notice the Marks and Spencer's advert that Patrick Stewart did for christmas? I thought that was kind of a low move for him. He is a great actor, he's been in lots of successful non-trek stuff (ie X-Men 2) and he is lowering himslef to doing adverts for a mediochre department store?!?

Guest Guest

Jeri Ryan is great in Boston Public, I think she plays the character of Miss Cooke (or Cook, I'm not really sure of the correct spelling). Whenever I see her in that show, I keep expecting her to say 'computer end program' and I have to keep reminding myself that she isn't Seven of Nine anymore.

I also liked Patrick Stewart in X-Men and Conspiracy Theory. He is such an incredible actor and he is great in any role that he plays.

I loved Whoopi Goldberg in the Sister Act movies.

I can't think of any other Trek actors that have played other non-Trek roles.

Madam Captain out!

Whoopi Goldberg has had an outstanding career as an actress from her initial appearance in The Color Purple, to Jummpin' Jack Flash, Sister Act and her award winning appearance in Ghost. Patrick Stewart was also outstanding in Moby (Please stop me from cursing) and again in Scrouge. Jeri Ryan is also another exceptional actress whose presence in Boston Public has truly boosted its weekly story lines. LaVar Burton gave an outstanding performance in Roots.......Star Trek can be very proud of its Star Line Up. :assimilated: I think of them all Whoopi is my favorite.

Edited by Gotabite

i have to agree with gotabite, whoopi goldberg, is one of my all time favourite actresses, i absolutly loved her in sister act and in jumping jack flash, however males i'd have to choose patrick Stewart, i feel he is a strong actor and i loved him in the x-men

My no 1: Scott Bakula as Sam Beckett and most of his other appearances

No 2: Whoopi Goldbeg is just great

No 3: John Billingsley at Stargate - hilarious

No 4: Nana Visitor at Outer Limits (I'm a great fan of that show - phantastic stories)

Guest Mike_Hines01

I liked Whoopi Goldberg in the Sister Act films, and Patrick Stuart in the X-Men films.

I have to agree with that, the sister act films are just so funny, but they still have a serious theme within them. As for the X-Men films, they are just outstanding. I have always been an X-Men fan and I must say I think the films do justice to the X-Men universe. I also Like Rene Auberjonois' performance in 'Batman Forever'. Did anyone know he was the voice of Chef Louis in Disney's 'The Little Mermaid'? Edited by Cramase

Fave performances from a trek actor in a non-trek role;

1Scott Bakula - Quantum leap

2 Connor Trineer - Sliders

3)Jolene Blalock - Stargate

4)John Billingsley - Stargate

5)Terry Farell - Becker, girls funny

6) Rene Auberjonois (escuse the spelling) - Stargate

7) Patrick stewart - Everything, I liked the adverts for a mediocre chain store

8) Whoopie Goldberg - Jumping Jack flash and any comical role she undetakes! She's even as good stand up!

I had completely forgotten that Connor was in Sliders.

Terry in Becker is definitely near the top of my list. She's a great comedic actress. I didn't see it, but I know she was also in that tv movie about Jackie Gleason with Brad Garrett.

ethan phillips and robert picardo in wagon's east with john candy

and ethan as himself on the Jamie Kennedy Experiment.

tm