Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

What's your favorite film remake?

I rarely watch remakes unless it's a remake of a stand-alone, very old, or badly done movie. I prefer original or continuations of storiues.

Right now, the only movie remakes I really liked are:

The Haunting

Lost in Space (remake of cancelled TV show)

The Time Machine

I'm not a major fan of remakes (or at least not the ones of the last few years), however I enjoy the early Hammer Horror films like The Mummy and Dracula, which could considered remakes of the 30's Universal films. I also like the Polanski's Macbeth, 80's remake of The Thing and The Fly, and remakes of certain silent films such as Ben Hur and Quo Vadis.

Might I just add that I really disliked the remakes of The Italian Job, Get Carter, Planet of the Apes, Manhunter, any film versons of Hamlet since the great Laurence Olivier version in the 40's, and the remake of Stagecoach.

Looking at some movies scheduled for next year - remakes continue

The Alamo

Walking Tal

Around the World in 80 days

Phantom of the Opera

The Stepford Wives

another Helen of Troy movie

and in 2005

another King Kong

another Superman - Johnathan Frakes as director

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

The Italian Job! It was soooooooooo much better than the original. I like old movies and everything and am used to their much slower pacing of movies these days, but the original was booooooooooooring. The new one had so much style. (And the music was awesome, save some of the crappy metal tracks near the end. But the jazz was great and I especially love the the opening credits theme. Yum.)

The Italian Job! It was soooooooooo much better than the original. I like old movies and everything and am used to their much slower pacing of movies these days, but the original was booooooooooooring. The new one had so much style. (And the music was awesome, save some of the crappy metal tracks near the end. But the jazz was great and I especially love the the opening credits theme. Yum.)

Heresy!!! :laugh: