Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holland

In which episode did the Defiant first appear?

Well I have DS9 Season 1 and I haven't finished watching it and I was wondering if the Defiant appeared in Season 1. Could you help me out?

Edited by Captain Holland

The Search Pt 1 is the first episode to feature the Defiant. I believe it was the first episode of DS9's third season.

O well, I will have to get the Third season then. I love the Defiant. By the way, I like your signature. :dude:

Edited by Captain Holland

The Search Pt 1 is the first episode to feature the Defiant. I believe it was the first episode of DS9's third season.

You are correct, Jack Bauer. I've seen this episode just a couple of days ago (I love my new DVD set)

Wasn't a Defiant shuttlepod seen in "The Search"? I'm not sure which part, of if it was even shown, but if anyone could help me out, I'd much appreciate it.

Also, I'm aware of the shuttlecraft shown in Season 6 "The Sound of Her Voice". The shuttlepod is a smaller, compact vehicle.

I think the Defiant was much needed as literally a vehicle for the crew to travel with. The whole 'stuck on a station' thing can become somewhat chlostraphobic (sp). I liked also how they got a small ship, so as not to overshadow the character that was Deep Space Nine itself. We have to admit that the Enterprise and Voyager were personalities in themselves. The Defiant has a minor personality. I think it was originally going to be called the Valiant. Or something. A funky little hot hatch! All it needs is a spoiler and some alloy wheels

Wasn't a Defiant shuttlepod seen in "The Search"?  I'm not sure which part, of if it was even shown, but if anyone could help me out, I'd much appreciate it.

Also, I'm aware of the shuttlecraft shown in Season 6 "The Sound of Her Voice".  The shuttlepod is a smaller, compact vehicle.

Yeah, Kira and Odo escape in a shuttle. I don't know if it was a Pod or a Shuttle craft, I'll have to go back and re-watch it to be sure. We also see an escape pod as well.

The thing about the defiant was it was a fully fledged fighting ship, that made it so cool, there was no messing around with families and exploration and stuff, it was just there to blow stuff to kingdom come :)