I've seen it a few times.

There was a scene once some guy threated to beat up Harm and said something like " I have to warn you I'm a blackbelt"

Harm replied "Okay and I'm a lawyer"

The guy backed off. :dude:

And Lt. Roberts Named his son James Kirk Roberts. That was a good scene when his wife found out who James Kirk was. lol

I've watched a few episodes but I have a hard time watching a modern military show that doesn't portray a realistic depiction of military life. Back in the late 80's one of my favorite shows was Tour of Duty which was set in Vietnam, it was a much more realistic depiction of life in the military.

VBG, I wonder if the difference is between being an officer and an enlisted soldier. I knew someone who was a JAG - she told me her "boot camp" was called knife and fork training. Although I don't think her life was as "exciting" as Harm's.

JAG is one of my favorite shows on tv, but I haven't gotten to watch it in a yr or so. The acting, the plots, the humor, the political intrigue :dude: - definitely a fun show.

VBG, I wonder if the difference is between being an officer and an enlisted soldier.  I knew someone who was a JAG - she told me her "boot camp" was called knife and fork training.  Although I don't think her life was as "exciting" as Harm's.

I knew some of the JAG officers and trust me they didn't life the lives you see on the show lol. Certainly Officers and Enlisted personnel have different experiences but those experiences are only different on the surface. In the job I did in my final year in the Army I worked at the Battalion headquarters S-1 (Personnel section) a "side job" to that was to be the battalion's adjutant's driver. In doing that (being the driver) I would frequently be present when all of the top "brass" was around so I was able to see how life for the officers was. In fact the adjutant would frequently "loan" me out to other officers to drive them around Fort Hood so I got a pretty good look at "officer life", at least in that circle of officers.

I think that if a TV show were ever made about real military life, with no combat it would be a pretty dull TV show. Day to day military life, outside of combat is really not that different from day to day civilian life. The job is different in that you are training with weapons and can be called into action at any moment but aside from that it's just another kind of job.