Sign in to follow this  

My latest movie experience

Last Sunday, I decided to go see LOTR 3 (great film, by the way) at the theater. I didnt see the first one in the theater, but I saw the second one there. Until LOTR 2, the last movie I saw in a theater that wasnt a ST or SW film was Independence Day. I hated going because the seats were so uncomfortable, and I couldnt sit still for that long. But, I've moved since I saw LOTR 2, Ep. 2, and Nemesis. The theater in Rock Hill, SC...where I am now...has stadium seating. I had never experienced that before in a theater. I loved it. I sat on the front row of the second level, so I was able to stretch my legs out, and move around whenever I needed to. And the backs on those seats are tall enough that you can lean your head back on them. I actually sat through the whole 3 and a half hour movie without having to get up once, and when the movie ended, my back wasnt stiff. I may start going to movies again after that. If you've never been to a theater with stadium seating, my advice is GO. Go now. Its great.

oh yeah stadium seating is great i dont even think of going to the other theatres around the house. only the newer one with that. its a much better experience

Ah yes. The great idea of stadium seating. I just got back from seeing The Last Samurai from my favorite, totally awesome, theatre. Very comfortable. Very comfortable indeed.

The last movie I saw was LOTR 3. It was a good movie.

In order to enjoy a movie that's three and a half hours long, you would need stadium seating. The others just don't compare to such perfection I bet.

The ones at a Cineplex Odeon (here in Canada and is owned by Leow's Cinemas) near me even recline. They don't have pop-up leg things or anything, but you can certainly lean back in them. They are sooo comfortable. I never used to be able to be comfortable in theatre chairs. With stadium seats, I haven't been uncomfortable in years. (Famous Players has had them for years)

We have two of those kinds of theaters (each with 20 screens) within a mile of each other and they are great for watching long movies, very comfortable.

I've heard the next generation of stadium theaters will have "rocking" chairs as well but I don't like that idea. All that movement in the audience would probably be very distracting.

Nothing compares to stadium seating. We always grab seats on the front row of the second level so we can prop our feet up on the hand rail right in front of us. I wish they would put "flip-down" foot rests on the backs of all the seats .. that would be great.

Now if they could just do something about people getting up and down during the flick, talking, and forgetting to turn off their cell phones we'd be in business! I saw LOTR3 yesterday and I couldn't believe the morons sitting around me in that theatre. I don't know about you, but when I spend $9 to see a movie I actually want to see and HEAR the movie. I guess I'm just weird that way.

Nothing compares to stadium seating.  We always grab seats on the front row of the second level so we can prop our feet up on the hand rail right in front of us.  I wish they would put "flip-down" foot rests on the backs of all the seats .. that would be great.

Now if they could just do something about people getting up and down during the flick, talking, and forgetting to turn off their cell phones we'd be in business!  I saw LOTR3 yesterday and I couldn't believe the morons sitting around me in that theatre.  I don't know about you, but when I spend $9 to see a movie I actually want to see and HEAR the movie.  I guess I'm just weird that way.

And, how can we forget about people who bring infants, and kids up to 3-4 to a movie?

We have two of those kinds of theaters (each with 20 screens) within a mile of each other and they are great for watching long movies, very comfortable.

I've heard the next generation of stadium theaters will have "rocking" chairs as well but I don't like that idea. All that movement in the audience would probably be very distracting.

I'd have to pass on rocking chairs. I've been to some of those at Disney World, and Busch Gardens, and I wound up getting motion sickness.

You haven't experienced a movie until you go to a theatre like this one:

diningpeople_sm.jpgdiningarea_sm.jpg

http://www.commodoretheatre.com/

The seats are at tables with very nice chairs, there's a telephone on the table that links directly to the kitchen where you order your food and they serve you during the movie. It's an awesome experience.