Sign in to follow this  
trekzone

STARTREK.com

i emailed the editor of startrek.com the other day, and was surprised to get a response so soon (at all). The editor of STARTREK.com was responding to my inquire of an affiliation between our two sites.

interesting thing is that the TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY episode synopses are from ST.COM, so he told me that i had broken Paramounts copyright agreement. So i emailed him back and requested to only use the Enterprise episode trailers, and make the episode synopses myself.

i just had to tell someone, what do you think? (mods, if this should be in the Websites sub-forum, you can move it)

yeah, i thought that too....

STF doesnt "use" the episode synopses......they mention them - and link to ST....anyhoo, i want to clean out the site and make it legit, with massive visitors by offering unique content.

i dont mind what they do next....but i did mention Captain Jean Luc Picard's AIM (AOL) buddy name....!!!! muahahahahaha

Well they don't want people to take their material because if you link to their site instead they get more hits which means more ads which means more money. Thats what it comes down to.

Trekzone, they found your site because you mentioned it. You could get a new web host if you want to use their stuff... not that i recommend it. You could still get caught, but it wouldn't be likely.

Well they don't want people to take their material because if you link to their site instead they get more hits which means more ads which means more money.  Thats what it comes down to.

Trekzone, they found your site because you mentioned it.  You could get a new web host if you want to use their stuff... not that i recommend it.  You could still get caught, but it wouldn't be likely.

I think what they objected to was directly using their episode reviews by copying and pasting them onto another web site. Which I can understand, it takes a lot of work to type those episode reviews up. That's why we have so few of them done right now lol

I think Paramount is happy to a degree with "Fan Sites" as long as those sites don't try to make money or "step over the line" by directly using their content.

To the extent that a site like this one might detract people away from their site though I don't think should be a concern to them. If anything we refer a lot of people to the official site and have links to their site to make access even easier. My hope isn't to "replace" the official site but to compliment it. The fact is, if they paid more attention to the fan interaction section of their own site (the message board) this one and many others wouldn't exist. We exist due to their neglect.

I think they will do something, trekzone they now have your email and all they have to do is now locate the location of that email and take you out. I have seen it happen. I am very careful with my site, I don't trust startrek.com at all. They have a real lousy community section, their site isn't as good and updated. For the offical site to be good we only need to look to another sourse that would be unoffical. When startrek.com become more trustworthy and give a better service, I will return to the site and close my own community. I used to be part of a community were people should be treated with repect, and not to say he had said this and that I think people wo say that they are this guy and that guy are jerks.

Edited by Kiearn

well........my Voyager synopses are done, they took me 48 hours

and people....they are not going to ANYTHING, its a scare tactic

Edited by trekzone