Sign in to follow this  
Danny

What is the deal with Riker and the Titan?

After reading up on the Titan, I found out that is is the largest ship in the fleet. I remember reading rumors of a new series featuring Riker, Troi, and Dr. Polaski on the Titan. This idea sounds very promising and I would love to see some familiar faces. A series like TNG with a ship in the present would also be the best possible thing in my opinion. Does anyone know what became of the Riker-Titan idea?

No clue, but I can guess. Since Enterprise is the current Trek show, there isn't room for another show. By the time Enterprise is done Riker will be too old to pull of the action that is required of a Captain actor. He had enough difficulty with Nemesis. I would really enjoy the show tho! And it is promising because there was a possibility that Riker was going to be Captain after "All Good Things". So if they were willing to make him a Captain then, he could be now. It's just in 5 years... he'll be pretty old. Another 7 years later at the end of this rumored series he be close to 55 i'd bet. A little to old

No clue, but I can guess.  Since Enterprise is the current Trek show, there isn't room for another show.  By the time Enterprise is done Riker will be too old to pull of the action that is required of a Captain actor.  He had enough difficulty with Nemesis.  I would really enjoy the show tho!  And it is promising because there was a possibility that Riker was going to be Captain after "All Good Things".  So if they were willing to make him a Captain then, he could be now.  It's just in 5 years... he'll be pretty old.  Another 7 years later at the end of this rumored series he be close to 55 i'd bet.  A little to old

science vessel on the edge of the new frontier.

we saw him in All Good Things as an old Admiral - i think an old captain would work.

back to the classic exploration...STAR TREK: TITAN.

No clue, but I can guess.  Since Enterprise is the current Trek show, there isn't room for another show.  By the time Enterprise is done Riker will be too old to pull of the action that is required of a Captain actor.  He had enough difficulty with Nemesis.  I would really enjoy the show tho!  And it is promising because there was a possibility that Riker was going to be Captain after "All Good Things".  So if they were willing to make him a Captain then, he could be now.  It's just in 5 years... he'll be pretty old.  Another 7 years later at the end of this rumored series he be close to 55 i'd bet.  A little to old

well how old was patrick stewart in tng?

*appears*

I thought the same as I read that.... :biggrin:

Pat was 48 when TNG started...

*disappears*

Mrs. Captain Picard :)

*appears*

I thought the same as I read that....  :biggrin:

Pat was 48 when TNG started...

*disappears*

Mrs. Captain Picard  :)

lol. well wasn't that convenient. thanks Mrs. Picard!

Sign in to follow this