Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Mistakes/irregularities in the movies

I got another question about Generations that someone perhaps can answer.

Why did Soran have to destroy a planet to get into the Nexus, while cap. Kirk could enter it in space, from a ship?

Edited by Stelfan

In Nemasis Picard looks at an old STA picture of himself and its Shinzon but in Tapestry the Accademy scenes Picard has a full head of hair.

It is possible that Picard shaved his head during his time at the Academy. He was a marathon runner for a while, he may have done it to make his head aerodynamic. This may sound lame but since there is no date for the picture it could hold up.

Why did Soran have to destroy a planet to get into the Nexus, while cap. Kirk could enter it in space, from a ship?

Well, according to history, Kirk died on that mission. Soran had no way of knowing that he could just take a ship into the Nexus, open the hatch and jump. I don't even know if that would work, but to Soran and anyone else, it would look like suicide.

In Nemasis Picard looks at an old STA picture of himself and its Shinzon but in Tapestry the Accademy scenes Picard has a full head of hair.

Maybe he lost a bet, and he decided that he liked it.

But yeah, I noticed that when I saw it in Nemisis.

Well, according to history, Kirk died on that mission. Soran had no way of knowing that he could just take a ship into the Nexus, open the hatch and jump. I don't even know if that would work, but to Soran and anyone else, it would look like suicide.

But Soran said that he had tried every other way..

I think it seems logical to try and fly a ship into the ribbon, before you destroy an entire world.

And when Kirk saved Soran from the ribbon in the beginning of the movie, he wanted to go back. He must have known that he could enter the nexus that way.. Why didn't he just get another ship and try again? It is not very likely that he would be "rescued" again?

Edited by Stelfan

Soran didn't fly into the Nexus with a ship becuase his El-Aurrian ship was destroyed when caught in. Captain Kirk was thought to have died when the Enterprise-B was allmost destroyed saving his ship. Soran knew he could fly a ship in, but the risk of his ship being destroyed before being picked up by the nexus was far too great.

As for a bald, young Picard? In "Tapestry", Picard has hair and is in an officer's uniform. In the photo in NEMESIS, Picard is bald and in an enlisted uniform. One could conclude that he, for whatever reason, shaved his head while he was young and was enlisted before going to the Acadamy. That was my impression of Shinzon, that he shaved his head instead of being naturally bald.

Soran didn't fly into the Nexus with a ship becuase his El-Aurrian ship was destroyed when caught in.  Captain Kirk was thought to have died when the Enterprise-B was allmost destroyed saving his ship.  Soran knew he could fly a ship in, but the risk of his ship being destroyed before being picked up by the nexus was far too great.

Yeah, that is an explanation I can accept B)

I picked up on that too! The only real continuety in trek is the re-used back-drops.

Hmm...I'll Have To Check That Out.

Here's Something That I'm Sure Has Already Been Brought Up Somewhere, But I'll Bring It Up Again Anyway.

"Relics"-Scotty Thinks Kirk Came To Rescue Him.

'Generations'-They Show That Scotty Was There When They Thought Kirk Was Killed.

Blah!!! :spock:

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

Do you think Scotty is still alive by the time you reach Nemesis? Last we saw him he went off in the shuttle to complete his retirement back in STTNG.

Edited by Cramase

Hmm...I'll Have To Check That Out.

Here's Something That I'm Sure Has Already Been Brought Up Somewhere, But I'll Bring It Up Again Anyway.

"Relics"-Scotty Thinks Kirk Came To Rescue Him.

'Generations'-They Show That Scotty Was There When They Thought Kirk Was Killed.

Blah!!! :)

Two explanations:

1. Some of Scotty's memories were lost, including those of the Ent-B.

2. Kirk cheated death so many times, and since Scotty's situation was indeed hopeless, maybe he thought Kirk returned from the grave and stole the Ent-A from spacedock. :)

maybe he thought Kirk returned from the grave and stole the Ent-A from spacedock. :)

What? again? theres only so many times a guy can be demoted ya know :)

maybe he thought Kirk returned from the grave and stole the Ent-A from spacedock. :)

He was only demoted once. :)

Yeah, but they wouldnt look very happily on having to do it again would they?

maybe he thought Kirk returned from the grave and stole the Ent-A from spacedock. B)

Oh, oh, I caught your joke! :) Nice one! :P

maybe he thought Kirk returned from the grave and stole the Ent-A from spacedock. B)

Oh, oh, I caught your joke! :) Nice one! :P

I wasnt actually tryin to tell a joke, but if it was funny, it was funny...

Edited by Cramase

Just typing through, :)

Where did they go, since they went below the bottom deck?

It may be the bottom deck, but not the bottom hull. meaning theres still space for him to fall.

now correct me if im wrong but dont they count downward usually.

It could be how the TOS works, :)

I know that this could be more less explained but in Generations Picard says that Data's emotion chip had been fused into his nueral net, but in Insurrection Geordi says that Data didn't take his chip with him to study the Baku.

its been 4 years later, its not permanently fused, just for the moment & they don't have the time to unfuse it at the moment.

When Picard arrives there Guinan tells him he can do anything he wants, which includes traveling back in time. Why then does he seem so worried about not being able to save that planet? He could travel back in time as many times as he likes, until he can prevent it..

He's only human & thinking rushingly. too bad. He's not as lucky as us sitting safely thinking things through for them. ;)

Another thing that is quite odd, in the nexus you can have and do whatever you want, shouldn't Soran be able to prevent the timetravel? Not that it is possible to have a place where everyone can have what they want..

Actually the thing about this, lets say everyone got what they want ;), Picard save the lives of millions & Soran got to stay in the Nexus. remember even if Picard stop Soran's past self from entering it, it doesn't stop the fact that he's already inside the Nexus "being uneffected by time he's still in there fully 'happy' & out there fully too 'dead'", so everyones happy.

:bow: