Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Klingon Fable: The Legend of Gorath

This is pretty cool. I found this on ST.COM

545x68.jpg

Click photo to view video.

Cultures throughout the galaxy have relied on stories as a means of passing wisdom and history down to succeeding generations. On Earth, storytellers like the Brothers Grimm or Aesop have imparted morals to children and adults alike with their rich tales. So why shouldn't Star Trek's rich and vast tapestry of alien cultures have their own fables and folklore? Well, they do ... 

In the "The Young Hunter," a Klingon boy on his first Targ hunt learns a valuable lesson about honesty, honor and boasting when his Grandfather tells him "The Legend of Gorath."

From STARTREK.COM

That was really neat. I enjoyed it. Did you recognize the background music? It sounded a lot like the Klingon Bird of Prey music from Star Trek 3..

That was really neat. I enjoyed it. Did you recognize the background music? It sounded a lot like the Klingon Bird of Prey music from Star Trek 3..

Yeah I noticed that too. I also thought I recognized some voices but I don't know from where.

It is always nice when we see an episode like this that shows that the races have a culture and gives us more insight into the customs and beliefs of a race.

It is always nice when we see an episode like this that shows that the races have a culture and gives us more insight into the customs and beliefs of a race.

I hate to beat a dead horse but this is exactly what makes reading many novels such a pleasure, they have time to explore things episodes only ever scratch the surface of, end of rant.

I watched the show at the link with Jem, she thought it was cool and so did I. :(

Yes I recognized a voice too. At first I couldn't figure out where it was from but then it hit me. It was Nu'Daq, the Klingon Captain from the episode "The Chase" where Picard ties to solve a 400 million year old puzzle with DNA fragments. The actors name of the Klingon is john Cothran Jr. As for the fable, I didn't find myself all that entertained by it. The topic just didn't interest me.

I enjoyed it, I wish it had been more of a cartoon then still drawings though. But it reminded me of CCD classes as a child and some of the stories they told lol

I enjoyed it, I wish it had been more of a cartoon then still drawings though. But it reminded me of CCD classes as a child and some of the stories they told lol

Stupid question, but what is a CCD class?

CCD Class is something that the Catholic church has. Back when I was 7 to 10 years old we (my family) used to be catholic. When I got a little older we switched to the Baptist church though.

Here's a link explaining CCD Class:

http://www.rc.net/providence/stbartholomew/ccd.html

CCD Class is something that the Catholic church has. Back when I was 7 to 10 years old we (my family) used to be catholic. When I got a little older we switched to the Baptist church though.

Here's a link explaining CCD Class:

http://www.rc.net/providence/stbartholomew/ccd.html

Thanks, I am admittedly ignorant when it comes to religion.