Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

The Doctor's Favorite Christmas Carol?

We all know How much The Doctor loved to show off his singing abilities. What Christmas Carol do you suppose he'd be singing this time of year? :biggrin: ........Right now, I can just picture him with his arms full of lights and garland decorating a large Christmas tree, and singing "Here Comes Santa Claus." :bow:

I can see the Doctor crawling around on the roof of his house, decorating it with Christmas lights and singing: Have yourself a merry little Christmas!! I think he would invite Seven of Nine over for Christmas dinner and later, they would have a sing along together - I can just see those two singing Jingle Bells or Walking in a Winter Wonderland.

Linda

I can see the Doctor crawling around on the roof of his house, decorating it with Christmas lights and singing: Have yourself a merry little Christmas!! I think he would invite Seven of Nine over for Christmas dinner and later, they would have a sing along together - I can just see those two singing Jingle Bells or Walking in a Winter Wonderland.

Linda

Yes, I'm sure the Doctor would include Seven in his celebration...He'd be teaching her all about the meaning of Christmas. :blink:

He enjoys opera, I can see him singing "Carol of the Bells."

He enjoys opera, I can see him singing "Carol of the Bells."

And his audience would applaud and yell Encore!! Encore!! :blink:

This isn't exactly for one person, it's more for a choir, but I could just imagine him practicing his part in the "Hallelujah Chorus" from Handel's Messiah (this song traditionally shows up around Christmas time) during a slow period in sick bay for some upcoming Christmas show he's putting on or something.

Would Voyager have a Christmas show and/or celebrations. I would like to think so. Especially since they've got Neelix around, who never misses a chance to throw a party. ^-^;;

Well, There is little celebration on Voyager, and even less Christianity, so I don't think the doctor would know or sing any carols.

Maybe some of the Voyager crew celebrated Christmas in their own ways, even though we didn't see it in any episodes. I wonder if Vulcans, Klingons, Talaxians, Ocampans and other alien races celebrated Christmas or something similar (it would definitely be an interesting topic for discussion)

I guess the crew were mostly too busy to really celebrate any of the traditional holidays. It probably wasn't worth celebrating Christmas if they couldn't be with their families back on Earth.

Why do you think the Doctor wouldn't know or sing any Christmas carols?? He was programmed to sing and if he could sing opera, I think he could manage a few carols.

Madam Captain out!!

It seems Neelix was aware of almost all species major holidays and did something to celebrate. I remember him discussing some Vulcan holy day with Tuvok.

As for the doctor, since he had a voice for singing I can imagine him singing Ave Maria or O Holy Night which are beautiful pieces of music.

The doctor wouldn't know carols, because he Programmed himself to sing, and I believe that Chrismas , as a holiday, hasn't been celebrated for a long time. So why should the doctor program himself to sing 300 year old songs from a holiday no one celebrates?

The doctor wouldn't know carols, because he Programmed himself to sing, and I believe that Chrismas , as a holiday, hasn't been celebrated for a long time. So why should the doctor program himself to sing 300 year old songs from a holiday no one celebrates?

Why do you think Christians will disappear in the next 300 years when they've withstood a great deal in the past 2,000 years that includes being fed to lions in Roman arenas, persecuted in numerous ways and murdered.

This is a genuine question - what do you think will occur in the next 300 years that will eliminate religion in general and Christianity specifically? I realize in the US there is a legal war being waged against Christians and the assumption seems to be that the very vocal non-religious minority will be able to eliminate religion. Is this the basis for your assumption?

It's never been said that Christmas is no longer celebrated at that time.

TUH, you gave the same answer I was thinkin' of - "O Holy Night". He'd love hittin those high notes. Would probably have been funny to see Naomi and the Borg kids put on a play. :dude: You know Doc would want to direct.

Christmas has been celebrated for about 2000 years so I don't think it will cease to exist in 300 years. I really hope that people in the 24th century still recognise Christmas as an international holiday because it would be quite sad to think it has been forgotten.

I love Christmas day because it gives me the opportunity to spend some time with my family. As my family live all over Australia, I hardly get to see them anyway. I used to think that Christmas was only important for giving each other presents but now I would rather be with my family. Gifts are only superficial things and while it is nice to give and receive them, its much more satisfying to spend the day with loved ones.

I also think that the Doctor would have vast knowledge of different humanoid species, including their traditions, customs and religious beliefs. This would also include the lyrics to some Christmas carols.

Madam Captain out!!

Very true, Point taken. Given that information ,I'd say the doctor would probably like to sing Winds Through the Olive Trees, It Came Upon a midnight clear, and We Three Kings of Orient Are, because they sound beautiful.