Sign in to follow this  
Abakai2003

How much do you Identifie a movie

How important is a movies score for it's Identity?

Now Williams's Star Wars March is instant you can name the movie straight away, and if for #3 lucas used a deferent peace of music the would probably be riots.

I remember when I seen the trailer of Generations they had used the very familiar Goldsmith march. But when I came to see the movie no familiar sound track and I was very disappointed with that. At the time it didn't matter to me that the score for it was very moving and well put together I wanted Goldsmiths TNG theme.

Well, Generations didn't have Goldsmith's TNG march, becuase the movie was scorred by Dennis McCarthy, a major Trek TV composer, not Jerry Goldsmith. I think the score should fit the tone of the movie, depending on the scene. Most of my favorite movies have had great scores!

i want that version in the Similitude trailer - CJLP, did you ever manage to get in contact with UPN via snail mail? i got no response via email

I think there are quite a few movies that people would think of immediately if they heard parts of the score. Some examples would be Jaws (when the shark is around), Chariots of Fire, the Indiana Jones trilogy. I think it depends on how the movie's PTB feel about scoring movies in the first place. Someone like George Lucas thinks of a movie score as an integral part of the overall experience of seeing the movie while others seem to think of scores as background music that you aren't supposed to really notice. Unfortunately so many movie soundtracks now seem to be Top 10 compilation albums.

The score is a very important part of the movie. Alot of the time, if it has a poor score, it can really hurt the film. And it JUST HAS TO BE ORCHESTRAL! Not synthetic! It's just not the same otherwise.

That's one of the reasons I like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade least out of the Indy films. The score really suffers in that one.