Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Connection Problems

For those that have noticed some connection problems in the past couple of weeks I have been in contact with Invision trying to find out just what the problem is. Initially they thought it was a problem with the server that we are hosted on. Today, after a few more complaints by me I got this response:

Hello,

We have identified a customer that is using far too many resources for a shared hosting enironment and we are working with that customer to move to a dedicated server. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and once again, your patience is truly appreciated.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Lindy Throgmartin

Chief Operating Officer

Invision Power Services, Inc.

So it would seem that they will have the problems resolved soon and things will go back to normal.

Invision - the guardians of the world - welp, it aint me causing the fancy pants!

but hows that, "your patience is truly appreciated" i think they need you VBG! :o

Stardate:213937.3

Hmmm I havent had any connection problems.Well hopefully they get it fixed

No... I don't think so at least. It is when you are on the board, and this message pops up:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (11) in /home/startrek/public_html/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 64

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/startrek/public_html/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67

ERROR: Cannot find database startrek_invboard

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/startrek/public_html/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 100

There appears to be an error with the STARTREKFANS.NET database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the board administrator by clicking here

Error Returned

mySQL query error: SELECT id, member_id, running_time, location FROM ibf_sessions WHERE id='8105cb393fd78e2db600d1155c8a5f43' and ip_address='67.3.160.77' AND browser='Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;'

mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (11)

mySQL error code: 2002

Date: Sunday 30th of November 2003 03:42:54 PM

We apologise for any inconvenience

is that why i have trouble connecting to the trek chat room?

I was wondering cptwright..Do you have a Popup Blocker installed on your computer? That would prevent you from getting into the chat room..You may have to deactivate it when you go in there..Just a thought..

I was wondering cptwright..Do you have a Popup Blocker installed on your computer? That would prevent you from getting into the chat room..You may have to deactivate it when you go in there..Just a thought..

nope, no popup blocker. when i click on the link to trek chat the window opens and loads, but where your supposed to put in your name and pw, and the enter button there is nothing. just black screen

nope, no popup blocker. when i click on the link to trek chat the window opens and loads, but where your supposed to put in your name and pw, and the enter button there is nothing. just black screen

I've seen that before cptwright, it happens when I "scroll the screen", part of it disappears until I reload the page, try not to scroll and let the page fully load....

it could also be, that you do not have the latest Java applet.

have you used it b4 cptwright?

Edited by trekzone

I've seen that before cptwright, it happens when I "scroll the screen", part of it disappears until I reload the page, try not to scroll and let the page fully load....

That would be correct. It is recommended that you let the room load before you try to scroll, or to scroll before the room begins loading. Also, it would be a good idea to insure that you have the most up to date version of java which is available at JAVA SUN. If you continue to have issues PLEASE send me a PM with the issue that you are having in as much detail as possible, and I will work with you to resolve the issue.

Hmmm...that's odd. I use Avant browser for my internet surfing because it has tabbed browsing and a built in pop-up blocker. I've never had any problems getting in to the chat room and I don't disable the pop-up blocker when I go in. I wonder if it's only certain pop-up blockers that create an issue?

Hmmm...that's odd. I use Avant browser for my internet surfing because it has tabbed browsing and a built in pop-up blocker. I've never had any problems getting in to the chat room and I don't disable the pop-up blocker when I go in. I wonder if it's only certain pop-up blockers that create an issue?

Several pop up blockers do not allow any new windows to be opened and whenever you click on the link for the chat room it opens a new window, thus it is blocked from opening by the pop up blockers.

it could also be, that you do not have the latest Java applet.

have you used it b4 cptwright?

yeah ive used it before, but now that you've all said something about it, i think ive figured it out. i never downloaded java since my harddrive wiped. so im doing it as i type, and we'll see if it works. thanks guys.

I have noticed sometimes when I try to go onto startrekfans.net Internet Explorer freezes. But it's stopped. Thats why I'm able to make this post. Because it isn't freezing. If it was I wouldn't be typing this. So that means it has stopped.

I'll be quiet now.

Edited by thedoctor

hey whattya know i can get into the chat room now. talk about brain fade. i never really thought of the java thing. oh well ive been a little brain dead lately

I am still having lots of connection problems with this web site. I hope everything will be back to normal soon. :biggrin:

I am still having lots of connection problems connecting to, and while I am on this web site.  I hope everything will be back to normal soon. :biggrin:

See, This is what I'm speaking of, my first attempt to post this message didn't even register that it had been posted

I'm affraid that until Invision resolves the issue of the person using too many resources we're at the mercy of the internet. It's frustrating, but will be resolved.