Sign in to follow this  
Big_Steve

Next Star Trek Series

In what era should the next Star Trek series take place?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. In what era should the next Star Trek series take place?

• Pre ENT
    • TOS
    • TNG
    • VOY
    • Post VOY
    • All Era (time travel based)
    • Other (specify)

Assuming there is another Star Trek series after Enterprise, in what era should it take place? The choices are for that general era, selecting an era does not necessarily mean that you would like to see the next Star Trek series take place at the exact same time as the era choice, post to specify.

Personally, I get the feeling that if there is another Star Trek series after Enterprise it just might be the last, and if that is indeed the case, I think it only fitting that they finish it where it all began ... in TOS era.

It would be interesting seeing even further into the development of the Federation, but I would still like to see something else to build on the Star Trek universe of the future. Something 20-30 years after VOY, so some TNG/DS9/VOY characters, regimes, technologies, and other stuff can still be involved and working.

It would be interesting seeing even further into the development of the Federation, but I would still like to see something else to build on the Star Trek universe of the future. Something 20-30 years after VOY, so some TNG/DS9/VOY characters, regimes, technologies, and other stuff can still be involved and working.

That would be interesting as well, but I am very interested in seeing them go further into explaining the founding and development of Starfleet and the Federation.

Stardate:213912.8

I would like to see it just a few years after Voyager got home.Although I dont think the 6th series will be the last one if it were to be,if it HAD to be the last one then I like what Big_Steve said.End it where it began.

I can imagine the last episode of the last series.Millions around the globe watching as a young Captian named James Kirk stepped onto the bridge of a ship named Enterprise and said "Space..the final fronteir........" as the camera fades out.

That would be so cool ;)

TOS. Have another series sometime during the TOS era, might even be able to do an episode mixed with an original TOS episode, a la "Trials and Tribblations"

Stardate:213912.8

I can imagine the last episode of the last series.Millions around the globe watching as a young Captian named James Kirk stepped onto the bridge of a ship named Enterprise and said "Space..the final fronteir........" as the camera fades out.

That would be so cool :clap:

Woo-Hoo, your comment sent shivers. What an awsome visualization!

I would also like to see a series set after VOY, that would be my choice if I weren't so apprehensive that the next series (or even ENT) may be the last. We all know how finicky show biz can be, they can cancel a show on a moments notice. I would be upset if it didn't get back to TOS era before that happens.

I like CJLP's idea, going a decade or two before TOS. That would put the series smack in Captain Christopher Pike's time-line, perhaps the series could be based on the original pilot, "The Cage". Phaser riffles and cannons, how cool is that ;)

BTW, I thought the phaser cannon in The Cage was awsome looking as it was! I never liked the hard, ultra-streamlined, metallic look of the modern series. Magnetic bottles made of simi-clear ultra-strong glass like material containing the energy flow (which we could actually see pulsating within the cannon) looks way more futuristic to me. With modern special effects that cannon could be made to look even more awsome.

Edited by Big_Steve

If they set the next series before TOS, they can lose the gigantic communicators! One of the silliest things about "The Cage" was watching Majel (as Number One) screaming "More Power!" or something to that effect into a HUGE communicator!

Hey, I'm a LT jg now! Whoo hoo! :clap:;)

Edited by Mofo Jones