Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Star Trek actors in adverts

Patrick Stewart is in a new UK advert for the supermarket chain Marks & Spencer. He narrates Christmas tales which are played out by British 'celebrities'. Have you ever spotted any Trek actors doing commercials? I know Nimoy did one for Time computers a while back.

Many years ago (early 90's, I think) William Shatner did an automobile ad with his daughter (I can't even remember which car). If I remember correctly, his daughter was driving alone, and then Shatner beamed into the passenger seat. At the end, the car took off down a desert highway and then flew into space.

Now William Shatner is the spokesman for Priceline.com. I can't think of any commercials I've seen with Trek actors. I'm sure they've all done some early in their careers but then we wouldn't have known who they were then.

Maybe when Russia tries a tourism campaign they could get Walter Koenig to reprise Chekov as their pitchman. :laugh:

The Shater car ad was for an Oldsmobile, but I don't remember which model. I also don't remember which daughter was driving.

I've heard Patrick Stewart do voiceovers on commercials, but the details currently escape me...probably will remember in the middle of the night sometime.

Around the time TMP was released, William Shatner did a commercial for AT&T long distance. A few weeks later, MCI long distance released a commercial for their "friends and family" long distance discount plan. The commercial starred Leonard Nimoy, and the people he "signed up" for his discount plan? James Doohan, DeForest Kelley, George Takei, Walter Koenig and Nichelle Nichols! The commercial ended with Nimoy asking "if we should give Bill a call" and the rest of the cast responding..."who?!?" Funny stuff! I wish I could find that commercial archived on the net somewhere!

Shatner does commercials for All-Bran and he's in some sort of tooth whitening commercial (all he does is riverdance :biggrin: ) (I don't get it).

I think I've heard of Patrick Stewart doing stuff for Amnesty International.

Didn't Avery Brooks do something for e-solutions a few years back? Something about lutabytes and how many libraries of congress can your computer download per second. Does this sound familar?

(On a side note, I've noticed that actors on 24 have begun to do commercials. Keifer Sutherland does Ford and just last night I saw Dennis Haysbert do a commercial for All-State insurance).

Shatner does commercials for All-Bran and he's in some sort of tooth whitening commercial (all he does is riverdance :biggrin: ) (I don't get it).

I've seen the tooth whitening commercial, kind of strange isn't it? He's like river dancing in this womans dream while she sleeps with the "whitening" strip in place.

Shatner also does/did commercials for the WebTV (now msnTV) internet terminal.

I've seen the tooth whitening commercial, kind of strange isn't it? He's like river dancing in this womans dream while she sleeps with the "whitening" strip in place.

ya its a crazy commercial. all i said when i saw that commercial was "wow. you know youre washed up when..."

lol

Plus those All-Bran commercials. I mean come on. They were so lame!

"Don't call me Mr. Shatner, Don't call me late for dinner. Call me Bill."

The greatest Starfleet officer ever reduced to selling cereal. The man who used to stare down the Klingons and Romulans is now talking about the Two-Week All-Bran challenge.

(Ok, so I'm goofing around. But they were goofy commercials.)

Plus those All-Bran commercials. I mean come on. They were so lame!

"Don't call me Mr. Shatner, Don't call me late for dinner. Call me Bill."

The greatest Starfleet officer ever reduced to selling cereal. The man who used to stare down the Klingons and Romulans is now talking about the Two-Week All-Bran challenge.

(Ok, so I'm goofing around. But they were goofy commercials.)

ROFLMAO!!! That is hilarious. I had not thought of it that way.