21 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you let treat you?

• Leonard H. "Bones" McCoy
    • Beverly Crusher
    • Katherine Pulaski
    • Julian Bashir
    • Voyager EMH
    • Phlox

Assuming any of the 6 Trek doctors were fully capable of repairing whatever illness you have, which doctor would you choose to treat you?

(Pulaski was a regular in TNG Season 2, despite being listed as a "guest star", so I included her.)

My choice is Beverly Crusher. She seems most capable as a Doctor and was very good at curring viruses! :eek: So, she'd be my pick. :lol:

I would let Dr. Phlox treat me if needed! I wish he was a real doctor. :eek:

Edited by shrek

I would prefer ANY of the above doctors, over the real-life doctors I have had to deal with. But since I have to choose, it's very difficult between Dr. McCoy, cause he was the first and maybe the best, and Dr. Bashir, cause he's just so darn cute. Since I'm in a really shallow, superficial mood right now, I'll go with the aesthetically-pleasing Dr. Bashir.

Voyager EMH.

He has the combined talents of all of the other doctors,plus a massive database of even more medical knowledge from hundreds of worlds and species,and thousands of doctors.

And,he wouldn't be predisposed to not like Cardassians.

Indy, nothing shallow about picking who's cute, when they all can do this (whatevever it is) cure. :lol:  Looks like no one's gonna vote for Pulaski. :eek:

I just voted for her! It was a tough choice between her & Bones, but I went with Pulaski because I prefer having a female doctor, and I love her crusty, no nonsense attitude. Dr. Crusher is a little too - well, bland isn't quite right. Oh, heck, I just like Pulaski!

Bashir is very knowledgable, but I feel wierd being seen by cute young male doctors. (Yeah, I know it's crazy!)

Edited by incontinentia

I would "let" any of them treat me if treatment was necassary but as I've said before I would prefer Crusher for her gentle female bedside mannor.

I voted for the Doctor. It was tough to chose between him and Phlox though. I think the longer Enterprise is on though that Phlox will overtake him as my favourite doctor.

Definitely Bones. A doctor that can connect a Vulcan up to a remote control and then

re-attach his brain, all while being a borderline alcoholic can treat me any day.

The doctor... Definitely... I like him a lot - I'd love to have him as my doctor :laugh::laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Hi there :laugh:

Hey, this thread is similar to the one I started over in the Voyager message board. I didn't start up a poll though, my thread was asking people if they would let the EMH treat them. I haven't seen much Star Trek apart from Voyager, although I've started watching TNG from the beginning and I'm about half way through season 2 of DS9 (DS9 is fantastic, I didn't think I would grow to love it but now I can't get enough of it!!)

I voted for Dr. Crusher, even though I haven't seen much of TNG but she seems to have the best bedside manner out of the other doctors in the poll (or as far as I know anyway). If I had to choose the 'best looking' doctor, it would definitely be Julian...............mmmmm he is VERY easy on the eye, is all I can say!! I liked the EMH too, he practically knew everything there was to know about medicine. If it was a real emergency, then I would let any of Trek doctor treat me.

Linda

I would prefer ANY of the above doctors, over the real-life doctors I have had to deal with.  But since I have to choose, it's very difficult between Dr. McCoy, cause he was the first and maybe the best, and Dr. Bashir, cause he's just so darn cute.  Since I'm in a really shallow, superficial mood right now, I'll go with the aesthetically-pleasing Dr. Bashir.

Hi there :laugh:

I agree, Julian is darn cute isn't he?? I love his accent too. Even though he was arrogant and he thought he was 'the master of everything' at the beginning, I think I would choose him to treat me (if Beverly wasn't available). He did have a caring side to him and his bedside manner, well I've been to doctors with worse bedside manners than him. On a side note, I just watched the episode when Julian keeps whipping O'Brien's butt in racket ball (I can't remember the name of the episode - I've only just started watching DS9 and I'm about half way through season 2). Julian was wearing a really tight outfit while he was playing racket ball and he looked even cuter than ever!!!

Okay, I've rambled on enough about Julian for one post :laugh:

Linda

It was a tie between Bashir and Crusher but in the in I went with Bev just because she has a great smile. :lol:

I had to go with Crusher. She seems to have the best bedside manner, which to me is very important, and is a very competitent doctor.

Crusher Crusher Crusher.

She can tend to me anyday of the week.

Click for Spoiler:

Hell I'd stop breathing if it would get her to give me mouth to mouth ;)

and if not her then Phlox he has an Awesome bedside manner