Sign in to follow this  
trekzone

Next on Enterprise

Next On Enterprise

#063 - Capenter Street

UPN Wednesday 8/7c

063_001.jpg

T'Pol takes cover on a Detroit factory rooftop

Archer and T'Pol travel back in time to 2004 Detroit to stop a Xindi plot.

063_002.jpg

Archer and T'Pol realize they need cash in the 21st century, so they find a 22nd-century way to "borrow" some.

Click for Spoiler:

Ex-crewman Daniels, a temporal agent from the future, appears on Enterprise and sends Archer and T'Pol back in time to 2004 Earth, to learn why three Xindi-Reptilians have been detected in the timeline where they're not supposed to be. Using 22nd-century technology, Archer and T'Pol scour Detroit, Michigan, and locate an abandoned factory where the Xindi are developing a biological weapon with the help of a local medical worker.

063_003.jpg

Archer discovers what's going on in a factory on Carpenter Street in 21st-century Detroit.

USEFUL SPOILER LINKS:

:20 second episode trailer

Download Quicktime

Ok, i've bumped this topic for two reasons:

the images are now on-line and viewable....and its getting closer.

Bring on Mr. Daniels is right! i should have this episode downloaded by Sunday, and because its the last one of the year, i should be able to catch up and post about them!

Edited by trekzone

Yipee! :( I am so glad it's already Tuesday I am jonesen for some Enterprise. I'm really looking forward to this episode. While I have read a lot of posters don't like time travel episodes, I have always loved them. If the TCW and the Xindi war come together as we have been suspecting, the second half of this season should be even better than the first! :dude:

Well, the Xindi conflict was triggered by the TCW, so they've been connected the whole time.  Yes, I'd love to see a huge showdown near the end of Season 3.  TNG "The Best of Both Worlds" style cliffhanger anyone? :dude:

Yes, that is it exactly . Both arcs coming together would be the ultimate. Plus, it would really keep us guessing as to what to expect for season 4.

the images on the portal that i posted about "Carpenter Street" may go down in 2 hours for about an hour, while i do routine maintence on the site....Commander Bolivar's site and my forums may also go down i am not sure. But this is only temporary while i pump my site to full availability.

Commander Bolivar, to you i would like to fore warn you, if i do...ill download it to my HDD and then re-upload it. But i dont think i will need to...ill e-mail you details.

MODS:

Click for Spoiler:

This post has been posted here because of the Next On Enterprise status. Could you please move this topic to the off-topic forum after the 26th of November? if you remember, or you can simply delete it.

Very, very good episode! The first 5 minutes or so were a little slow but needed to set the episode up.

As you are watching it:

(this is not a spoiler but I'll put it in a spoiler box in case some people don't want to know anything at all about the episode)

Click for Spoiler:

Watch when Archer and T'Pol are in the human's apartment, they use some unusual zooming and panning with the camera. It was very odd to me to see this, it gave more of an effect that we were in the room with them and we were holding a video camera taping the whole thing, to me anyway.

I also liked the line (this one's a bit of a spoiler but not much):

Click for Spoiler:

Untie him again... I was rolling on the floor at that one! LOL

Click for Spoiler:

Have we ever seen the Vulcan Neck pinch in Enterprise yet? If not we see it for the first time in this episode, I can't remember seeing it before.

I'll have to think about a rating for the rating thread but I'm leaning in the 9.5 to 10 range.

Very, very good episode! The first 5 minutes or so were a little slow but needed to set the episode up.

As you are watching it:

(this is not a spoiler but I'll put it in a spoiler box in case some people don't want to know anything at all about the episode)

Click for Spoiler:

Watch when Archer and T'Pol are in the human's apartment, they use some unusual zooming and panning with the camera. It was very odd to me to see this, it gave more of an effect that we were in the room with them and we were holding a video camera taping the whole thing, to me anyway.

I also liked the line (this one's a bit of a spoiler but not much):

Click for Spoiler:

Untie him again... I was rolling on the floor at that one! LOL

Click for Spoiler:

Have we ever seen the Vulcan Neck pinch in Enterprise yet? If not we see it for the first time in this episode, I can't remember seeing it before.

I'll have to think about a rating for the rating thread but I'm leaning in the 9.5 to 10 range.

Click for Spoiler:

Of late, I've been very impressed with the camera work done on ENT, much it has, the minute I see it, actually reminded me of other OS episodes most recently North Star, it reeked (in a good way) of Specter of the Gun. I'll watch for that VBG.

Click for Spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

I don't remember which episode it was (shame on me) but yes we have, we the audience saw it but no crew members did, T'Pol was alone with the person she pinched at the time WAIT! I just remembered! It was Singularity, she did Phlox for trying to butcher Travis's brain.

Click for Spoiler:

yes the camera work was a bit odd in the apartment, with alot of unnessesary zooming (zooming hasnt even been used frequently for a LONG time. maybe even since the 70s! lol). but i do think it worked there.

this episode was pretty killer. it was very well done. how do they do it? they take a potentialy embarassing plot idea and make it watchable. alot of the times time travel stories in trek turn out kind of dumb, but not this one (another one i love is "trials and tribble-ations" in ds9. well, its called something to that effect). even last week. the whole cowboy story could have been real dumb (not nearly as dumb as abraham lincoln. lol), but it really worked. i love enterprise!

why does that guy who rounded up "specimens" always play the weirdest characters on trek? he also played that crazy hologram in an ep of voyager. i like him though. hes a good actor.

all in all, that episode was cool and it was kind of odd seeing archer drive a truck! lol.

9/10

While I have read a lot of posters don't like time travel episodes, I have always loved them. If the TCW and the Xindi war come together as we have been suspecting, the second half of this season should be even better than the first! :lol:

I like some time travel episodes, it's the TCW that I loathe ... which they had to "invent" to have time travel episodes since time travel wasn't possible until TOS. I want to like this series but the TCW idea prevents me from enjoying it, and I must admit that you are partly right.

I'm not a big fan of time travel in general, mainly because I don't believe time travel will ever be possible, at least not huge amounts of time, so basing a major war around time travel just turns me off ... I want Star Trek, not "The Time Machine".

Edited by Big_Steve

I like some time travel episodes, it's the TCW that I loathe ... which they had to "invent" to have time travel episodes since time travel wasn't possible until TOS.

Time travel wasn't possible fot the Federation until TOS but who'd to say others couldn't time travel? Also, once some does travel back in time then time becomes irrelevant. In this the time travel doesn't originate in this era but rather in the 30th (is it the 30th?) century. By that time in the Trek universe we know that time travel is well established. Also, as far as it not being possible until the time of TOS just look at the Guardian of Forever, it had existed in it's then present form since "before our sun burned bright in the sky". So time travel, in Trek, has been possible since well before humanity existed.

That said, too much time travel can act as a crutch and possibly harm a series if done too much. I personally like the TCW storyline and liik forward to seeing how it turns out and just exactly who "future guy" is, and even though there is photographic evidence that he is me it's not :lol:

Man oh man, I loved tonight's episode!

"Carpenter Street" was full of surprises! Who thought Mr. Daniels' cameo should have been longer? I do! My favorite scene was...

Click for Spoiler:

...when that guy asked for a burger or a taco, then Archer pulled into Burgerland! B) :lol: OMG, that whole scene was freak'n hillarrious! :(

Also, as far as it not being possible until the time of TOS just look at the Guardian of Forever, it had existed in it's then present form since "before our sun burned bright in the sky". So time travel, in Trek, has been possible since well before humanity existed.

You're right, time travel was possible for others from just about the beginning of time.

I loved City On The Edge Of Forever, one of the best Star Trek episodes ever, but it was a stand-alone time travel episode that didn't require an arching time travel storyline (war) to happen ... and that's what made it so great.

I just don't like the TCW. As "City" has proven, we don't need all the extra cerebral baggage of a TCW to travel in time. The TCW makes it difficult to casually watch the show. With TOS, you could miss a few episodes (go out to the movies, or a ballgame, or out to dinner) and still know exactly what was going on.

You take tonight for instance, I missed ENT because I was doing something way more important ... spending time with my 3 year old son. I want to be able to tune in next week and know exactly whats going on, the TCW makes that difficult.