Sign in to follow this  
removed

Snow

We've had snow here in Edmonton since 1 week before halloween when it snowed alot. until yesterday, most of it had melted and it was only a thin patchy layer of snow, but then today it snowed so much and it is expected to snow all week. It started around 6 this morning and now you step in the snow, and the snow goes up past your ankles. It rocks. The snow is so much fun. I can't wait to go snowboarding.

How many people already have snow where they live?

I live in Massachusetts and it hasn't snowed here yet. Course I'd be happy if it didn't snow at all this year..I don't like the Winter or the snow. I've often considered moving south but I am still here.. <_<

I am so glad I live in Florida. I have lived in snow - I suppose if I had a basement full of food and could work from home it wouldn't be so bad....but driving in the snow is my worst nightmare.

I love the snow. The winter sports are amazing. Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Snow-skating (just like a plastic skateboard with no wheels that you ride like a snowboard, except without bindings), pick-up hockey. And you can't forget that awesome warm Christmas feeling with tons of snow. Ah. I love living here.

I wish it would snow here. But I'm too far south for that. I love snow.

Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Snow-skating, pick-up hockey.

Oh... you missed skiing. That's what I love to do. I've never been snow boarding, but it looks like fun.

There is nothing like the thrill of looking up on a cold, dark night and seeing small flakes of snow rush at you. I prefer the chill of a nippy winter's night to a day in the sun. I don't know... I guess it's because I have so many good memories surrounding winter time and snow. I think it really is the best time of the year.

I wish it would snow here. *whines*

I love the snow. The winter sports are amazing. Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Snow-skating (just like a plastic skateboard with no wheels that you ride like a snowboard, except without bindings), pick-up hockey. And you can't forget that awesome warm Christmas feeling with tons of snow. Ah. I love living here.

We had our first snow about the same time as you guys in Edmonton did. Most of it has melted now though. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on the weather forecasts to see if your system is coming our way.

Stardate:213885.9

We had snow around here in the begging of the month.Which is insane cause that just doesnt happen here.It has since melted and the fall has returned bringing rain.But it is expected to snow again in a month.

I love snowboarding.I go to the mountain passes to do snow cause it always has constant snow

I'm in Maine, and we've had snow in the air, but nothing that stuck. I don't mind the snow - I hate ice!

I would LOVE to be snowed in and work from home. I'm such a hermit sometimes...

Hi there :clap:

I live in Australia and it doesn't snow where I live, although it does snow in some parts. I have never even seen snow. Right now, its getting into summer over here, it was around 40 degrees C (over 100 F) here a few weeks ago. Its been cooler since then but it should start getting warmer again soon. Christmas day is always VERY hot here. I couldn't imagine a cold winter, that would be too weird.

Our winter is over June/July/August but it never snows or gets below about 2 or 3 degrees C (not sure what that is in degrees F) and the average temperature at night during winter would be about 8 degrees C.

I love summer. Winter is too cold and the days are too short. Plus I hate getting up early in winter, when its still dark and freezing cold. Driving in the rain isn't fun either.

Linda

We only get a week's worth of snow, here in NC. :(

So you live in NC too?.........Cool, so do I. In my area we may get a week maybe two of snow. Sometimes we get 15 to 18 inches.....schools are out for a week here in the south. :clap: .....I like the snow. I guess because we don't get it frequently. Generally we don't get snow before January.......But what I dread in winter here in NC are the awful ice storms, that make the trees topple over on power lines, and shut off power all over many cities. Our power outages can last a week or more.....and driving on ice is extremely dangerous. :clap:

We had about 8-10 inches yesterday. It's not snowing today, but MAN is it ever cold. It was -17 degrees Celcius (only 1.4 degrees Farenheit!). MAN WAS IT COLD! You it's cold when your nostrils stick together. Lol. At least it didn't snow. Shoveling snow is the worst in the real cold.

EDIT: (OK I lied. It was only about 6 inches. Sorry. Bad facts. Lol.)

Edited by bysty

I wish it would snow here.  But I'm too far south for that.  I love snow.

Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Snow-skating, pick-up hockey.

Oh... you missed skiing. That's what I love to do. I've never been snow boarding, but it looks like fun.

There is nothing like the thrill of looking up on a cold, dark night and seeing small flakes of snow rush at you. I prefer the chill of a nippy winter's night to a day in the sun. I don't know... I guess it's because I have so many good memories surrounding winter time and snow. I think it really is the best time of the year.

I wish it would snow here. *whines*

Oh I must have missed skiing when I put down snowboarding. Ya it does rock. Like going to Lake Louise or Sunshine Village or Whistler/Blackcomb. The snow is amazing. :clap: