Sign in to follow this  
removed

Growing up Trek

My Star Trek story isn't a plot or an episode outline, it's just my fondest memories of Trek.

I remember back when I was in kindergarten (I'm currently in grade 10) and I used to watch Star Trek: The Next Generation all the time. Geordi LaForge was my greatest hero. Even in my grade 2 school photo, I am wearing a Star Trek sweatshirt with a big picture of Data on it. Those were the days. I remember how sad I was when they cancelled TNG back in 1993. I was devestated. I continued to watch the re-runs until about grade 3. Then I forgot about Star Trek. I watched Star Wars and James Bond for years. Personally, I like James Bond over Star Trek, but that's off-topic. I continued to watch the TNG movies when they were released and really enjoyed them but it never really rekindled my interest in Trek. Then about a year and a half ago, I began to watch TNG again. I really took a shine to it once again. Then, one day, being really bored, I opened a book I had bought years ago at a garage sale but had never read: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (the novelization). I loved it. I started to watch the movies. I had never seen the TOS movies, but I started to buy them, starting with ST II. I have ST II, III, and IV now and I am continuing to buy them. Over the years Star Trek has been great to me. I am fascinated by the concepts, storylines, and characters that the Star Trek universe evolves around. Without Star Trek, I would have grown up as a different person. Thanks Star Trek.

:D

Meating Gorge Takei

Man I felt so short I did not realize that he was taller then 5 foot 5" he sighnd my StarTrek themove Book and I got the Book he worte called"[/code]

MIRROR FRIEND, MIRROR FOE

and hesined it Peace and Happines

well i guess ill add my short story on startrek. i started watching it as a kid too. but my watching ws TOS, reruns of course im not that old. lol. my grandma was very religious, and didnt let any of us kids, and grandkids watch much of anything, but she loved startrek. so i so looked forward to startrek just to be able to watch tv at grams house. as i watched the more i loved it. im a big scifi fan. starwars startrek babylon 5

STARGATE SG1-about my favorite show of all time. but my love for startrek will always take me back to the 70's at grams house, and as long as that happens, ill always watch startrek, and whatever films, or series they come out with. i hope to someday soon watch it with my children, then grand children. oh well what a sap i am. LONG LIVE STARTREK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

My earliest memories of Trek were not pleasant, because most of my family hated the show, because my oldest brother had watched it a lot and they had never really understood it. But I when I watched it with my oldest brother for the first time after not having seen him in three years, I loved it. Trek has always given me something to hang onto from my brother who passed away in 95. I remember staying with him in the summer and watching all of the tapes of Trek that he had, Trek gave us a common ground to build a strong brother relationship that I have always cherished.

i cant beleive more people dont have fond memory stories growing up trek. i thought for sure when i seen this one, it would get lots of posts. where is everyone? :blink:

:blink:

Okay here goes...One of my earliest memories of TOS was my mother saying to me "Watch the man with the pointy ears." But my most important memory of TOS was...now don't laugh...I was taking a spelling test and the word I had to spell was bones. I began to cry thinking about the up coming eppy...the name escapes me at the moment...but "Bones" was dying. I was sitting at my desk crying my eyes out because I loved McCoy that much! They began the repeats and my friend Marilyn and I would watch them. We joined a 'Trekkie' group and paid $20 bucks each to be in their movie about ST, which by the way, never went anywhere. It was a very sad time in my Trek life, believe me. They were college kids and we were in high school. They didn't think we were 'mature enough' to handle some of the "FanFic". Marilyn began a beautiful fic with Spock, but I believe she lost it. I'll have to ask her if she still has it. I loved it. It was good. I've got several stories that I've done, one that is 127 pages, but I have to "kill my darlings" and start editing it, someday. We lived on all of the rumors about Trek coming back to TV and the coming to the big screen. One year Shatner came to town and we got tickets. We were hoping for bloopers, but only got "Shore Leave", which is a good eppy, it's only a let down when you're expecting bloopers. :P

Okay, I'll shut up now and let someone else talk.

Katy