Sign in to follow this  
trekzone

Next On Enterprise

ENTERPRISE #062

Similtude

062_001.jpg

Trip's experiment with the warp engines goes horribly awry

When Trip suffers a catastrophic injury, his only hope for survival is a transplant from a "mimetic simbiot" which Phlox grows from one of his exotic creatures.

062_002.jpg

T'Pol warns of warp field fluctuations

Click for Spoiler:

After an accident in Engineering leaves Trip mortally injured, Dr. Phlox attempts to save the chief engineer by creating a "mimetic simbiot" — a clone — of him to harvest neural tissue from it. In its very short lifespan, the simbiot grows rapidly from baby to adult, and surprises the crew with detailed memories of the real Trip's life. Meanwhile, the accident has left Enterprise disabled and adrift inside a destructive space cloud, so the crew attempts to free the ship before they are stranded forever.

episode062.jpg

062_003.jpg

Archer, Mayweather and T'Pol prepare to test engine modifications

USEFUL (spoiler) LINKS:

20 second episode trailer

Download QuickTime

Edited by trekzone

I sure hope they don't replace Trip with a Trip-clone. :)

This is what happens

Click for Spoiler:

they clone Trip for spare parts - the clone would die naturally (of old age) after fourteen days.

I sure hope they don't replace Trip with a Trip-clone. :)

This is what happens

Click for Spoiler:

they clone Trip for spare parts - the clone would die naturally (of old age) after fourteen days.

Thanks for the spoiler, but I'll wait till Wednesday night. It's more suspenceful for me. :)

Wooooohoooo <_< less than 24 hours until similtude. I cant wait to see what happens to Trip and his clone and how the crew reacts to it all.

Wooooohoooo  <_< less than 24 hours until similtude. I cant wait to see what happens to Trip and his clone and how the crew reacts to it all.

Please use the spoiler feature. THANKS :)

Editted to add: The reason why I asked to use the spoiler feature, is becuase I prefer to dicuss the episode without reading the synopsis. I just go by what's in the UPN trailer and online pics. :blink:

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Wooooohoooo  <_< less than 24 hours until similtude. I cant wait to see what happens to Trip and his clone and how the crew reacts to it all.

Please use the spoiler feature. THANKS :blink:

It says at the top of this thread (non-spoiler)the basic premise which includes a "mimetic simbiot " that Phlox grows. IMO my post doesn't contain a spoiler. I hate spoilers and I dont read them.

That is true, but when I read the sentence its in reference to Trip. Mimetic is like mimic and then Phlox "grows" it. Look at it this way, I dont know for a fact their is a clone, it is just what I took from the sentence at the top. So we will just have to wait and see what happens....sorry if I spoiled anything for you <_<

What the heck I just read the top of this thread and you posted about a possible clone. So its ok for you to talk about it but not me?????????

Edited by archerfan

I'd just like to say I'm very excited.  Looks to me like Trip dies and is cloned for some reason.  I sure hope they don't replace Trip with a Trip-clone. <_<

If you have forgotten......

I'd just like to say I'm very excited.  Looks to me like Trip dies and is cloned for some reason.  I sure hope they don't replace Trip with a Trip-clone. <_<

If you have forgotten......

That was speculation on my own part, based on the trailer.

That is true, but when I read the sentence its in reference to Trip. Mimetic is like mimic and then Phlox "grows" it. Look at it this way, I dont know for a fact their is a clone, it is just what I took from the sentence at the top. So we will just have to wait and see what happens....sorry if I spoiled anything for you :blink:

What the heck I just read the top of this thread and you posted about a possible clone. So its ok for you to talk about it but not me?????????

I heck, I have a bad memory. Well, the cat's out of the bag, no harm done as the plot is still unkown. So, what's new? <_<

Ok here's a "Photo Spoiler" with an explanation that could also serve as a spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

This is T'Pol and "Sim" not Trip, this was initiated by T'Pol and not commented on by T'Pol any further then what you see.

PDVD_378.JPG

Very good episode, it compliments all of the other season 3 episodes nicely.

Click for Spoiler:

Very touching episode, at the end you really feel bad for Sim and wish there was some way for him to continue on. I liked the comment in the Shuttle bay about not wanting to spend time alone floating around in a Shuttle with Reed LOL.

Ok here's a "Photo Spoiler" with an explanation that could also serve as a spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

This is T'Pol and "Sim" not Trip, this was initiated by T'Pol and not commented on by T'Pol any further then what you see.

PDVD_378.JPG

Um, this had better have a DARN good reason for happening.

Click for Spoiler:

So let me get this straight, T'Pol is giving the clone an "open mouth good bye kiss" <_<

Whatever the reason I suspect the Trek community which, has been having trouble accepting ENT is going to be given fresh ammo for a new attack.

Click for Spoiler:

PDVD_378.JPG

Um, this had better have a DARN good reason for happening.

Click for Spoiler:

So let me get this straight, T'Pol is giving the clone an "open mouth good bye kiss" <_<

Whatever the reason I suspect the Trek community which, has been having trouble accepting ENT is going to be given fresh ammo for a new attack.

Click for Spoiler:

It's understood why she is kissing him when she does, but it's not spoken of when it happens.

I'm so encouraged. Have you folks read how many posters over at Trekweb.com who have been giving advance previews of 10/10 grades for this? :) One even called it a classic. Reno Floyd, a notorious TrekBBS basher, even gave it an "A." :blink: Some of these guys are pretty critical of

Click for Spoiler:

Trip and T'Pol romantic implications

but they were all loving those scenes in this ep--even the one referenced in the spoiler above. They loved the way Manny Coto crafted the scenes in the script. <_<

PHEW! That's a relief, I was very worried this was going to start it all up again. I can relax now and enjoy the show.

Ummmmmmm, oh dear. You haven't read the rumored spoilers for episode fifteen, have you? <_< Also a Manny Coto authored script. I'm not trying to be flippant....just trying to warn you a bit. It may not be over. From my perspective that's a good thing, but I'm aware that others don't agree. The Trekweb posters really did think that "those scenes" were handled well by Mr. Coto.

Edited by MoulinRouge

I'm so encouraged. Have you folks read how many posters over at Trekweb.com who have been giving advance previews of 10/10 grades for this? :) One even called it a classic.  Reno Floyd, a  notorious TrekBBS basher, even gave it an "A."  :blink: Some of these guys are pretty critical of 

Click for Spoiler:

Trip and T'Pol romantic implications

but they were all loving those scenes in this ep--even the one referenced in the spoiler above.  They loved the way Manny Coto crafted the scenes in the script. <_<

I don't know that I'd say 10/10, maybe 9/10.

Simply amazing...

Click for Spoiler:

Episodes don't generally stir a lot of emotion up with me...except when the crew is kicking some serious behind!! I think this episode is even above "Cogenitor" in the scheme of debate. The tension is what made it so wonderful. However, since there was no other viable option (to killing Sim off -- err..sacrificing him), I think Archer was right in his decision. With the seriousness of the Expanse and Earth at stake...I would endorse such behavior as well. It was very bittersweet. I enjoyed "Sim." Like the doctor, I think the writers made it very easy for the audience to become attached to him. Glad that Archer was stern...but you could tell it was eating away at him on the inside. Especially when he was teaching Sim to fly the model plane. (broken bow anyone?) Then the entire fling with T'Pol..... Guess that the cat is out of the bag, now isn't it? I'm glad to see their relationship go there.

Yes, like the others mentioned previously... I started to cry (you didn't see me post this <_<) at the end when Sim decided to go through with it. And Phlox's relation to him....simply touching. It was a great episode...no doubt. Best of the season and first to make me shed a tear. Thanks...I needed that

10/10 -- Superior

PHEW! That's a relief, I was very worried this was going to start it all up again. I can relax now and enjoy the show.

Ummmmmmm, oh dear. You haven't read the rumored spoilers for episode fifteen, have you? :clap: Also a Manny Coto authored script. I'm not trying to be flippant....just trying to warn you a bit. It may not be over. From my perspective that's a good thing, but I'm aware that others don't agree. The Trekweb posters really did think that "those scenes" were handled well by Mr. Coto.

Not flippant at all MoulinRouge :clap:

I agree there is real heat between T'Pol and Trip and I don't mind seeing that heat (with my wife of course) once in a while. We know in the future interspecies mating occurs so imo, them who cry about sexual themes on ENT have not been paying close enough attention.

They are what my comment was about, my worrying about needing to start explaining the birds and the bees again. :(