Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "North Star"?

What Rating Would You Give "North Star" Out of 10?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What Rating Would You Give "North Star" Out of 10?

also reminecent of the movie stargate

That's What I Was Thinking, But It Was A Good Entertaining Episode

So I Give It A 9.5 :lol:

I don't see the connection other then a race of humand were being used as slave labor.

also reminecent of the movie stargate

That's What I Was Thinking, But It Was A Good Entertaining Episode

So I Give It A 9.5 :)

I don't see the connection other then a race of humand were being used as slave labor.

...Yes VBG, That's It.

Humans Being Taken From Earth Long Ago That Were Used As Slave Labor For The Abducting Aliens

I gave "North Star" a rating of 10 because it was a great episode.

The storyline was excellent. I did like the change of senary from space battles to western frontier.

I too don't think the prime directive would have been an issue.

Click for Spoiler:

if anything this natural cultural development had already been interfered with

speaking of cultural development

Click for Spoiler:

is it realistic that the culture would have remained absolutely stagnant for 300 years - clothing, technology - something would have changed in 300 years

Trip

Click for Spoiler:

back to being the comic interlude - okay his bit about the horse "how hard can it be?" was amusing but I don't like the dumb and goofy Trip.

What is everyone's thoughts about the "message" they were trying to send?  Is it possible that will tie into the Xindi Arc?

I think it would have been a borderline Prime Directive issue.

Click for Spoiler:

These humans had been removed forcibly from their race and overcome their captors. Afterwards, they developed their own culture (even if it was just returning to the way of life they had known prior to their capture).

Regarding cultural development:

Click for Spoiler:

I think the episode mentioned there were only about 6000 of them. Not a whole lot of population for any kind of significant cultural development.

As for Trip, I like his humorous side. It was nice to see it after his depression about his sister's death.

Finally, I think this was just a departure from the Xindi arc.

I gave "North Star" a rating of 10 because it was a great episode.

Kay,

a 10? It was good but not that good. I gave it an 8.5. A 10 would be reserved for "classics" (i.e. "City on the Edge of Forever" or "Best of Both Worlds").

I gave this episode a 9. A very entertaining episode and well done.

Click for Spoiler:

It was a nice change of pace from the Xindi arc episodes. I'm sure we'll get back to those real soon. Archer did look good in his cowboy getup..I loved when Reed shot T'Pol! Later on they should have had T'Pol get on Reed about it. That could have been fun..

I consider Twilight to be a fanatastic episode and a 10 which is why I gave North Star a 9..A very good episode..I love this season! Boy doesn't next weeks look interesting??

What a great episode, I gave it a 9.5. And It gave a very clear message about how prejudice is wrong and hurtful to others. Bravo to TPTB, another fantastic episode that taught us a lesson in life, which certainly holds true to the Star Trek legacy.

I agree the message was about prejudice, what I was wondering was whether:

Click for Spoiler:

as Archer told these people that had a "lot to learn" before they were ready to re-join Earth; if the writers aren't moving in the direction that "humans have a lot to learn" before they have a place in the galactic community - particularly in their hostility toward the Xindi. Personally I think Humans are already ahead of the Klingons and other warp capable species as respect for basic rights but

I just had the feeling that even though this wasn't part of the Arc - it still in a subtle way was

I didn't care for this episode. 4 out of 10. After the scope of last week it came off as superfluous. Such a price to be paid for not stopping the Xindi but they have time to waste at this planet to "rescue" the humans who had already freed themselves from the Skagaraans? An eye candy episode. I'm usually more positive but "North Star" left me with a "meh" feeling.

Such a price to be paid for not stopping the Xindi but they have time to waste at this planet to "rescue" the humans who had already freed themselves from the Skagaraans?

That's partly why I feel there is something in the message of "North Star" that will show up later. Although it was a stand alone ... I'm not entirely convinced it isn't somehow connected to the overall arc.

I do feel that trying to find out how they got there may have relevance to the Xindi mission - for all the Captain knew the issues could have been related.

A fun show that provided a nice little break from the Xindi arch.

I wonder where the rest of the Skagaraans are,if this planet was merely a colony?And will they prove a threat to Enterprise down the road?

I rated it a 10.

I finally saw North Star tonight and loved it!

It reminded me a lot of the original series, I mean how many cowboy planets did kirk visit? Very cool story, great action, nice humor, also Archer looked great in the hat. I give it 9.5!

I really enjoyed it... I rate it a 9.

If Archer and company had not descended on this group, that culture would have remained stagnant. Bethany was not strong enough on her own to bring about societal change...they needed the the hope and dream of something bigger than just keeping themselves from being re-enslaved.

And as for the Skaagarans...who are they? Are they allies or rivals of the Xindi? It may be they had to introduce this group for some later encounter within the Xindi arc.

In any case it was vintage Star Trek, very well done.

Sign in to follow this