Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Twilight"?

What Rating Would You Give "Twilight" Out of 10?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What Rating Would You Give "Twilight" Out of 10?

It seems that every week we have a post for our thoughts on Enterprise. Since everyone seems to include their personal rating of the show, I decided to begin making a poll for it. So now you can vote, and post your thoughts! You will see me do this next week as well.

I voted a whopping 9.5 for Enterprise this week. I didn't give 10 cause a perfect rating should be rare.

Click for Spoiler:

The opener was fantastic. T'Pol in command, and the failed mission leaving Earth destroyed really got me on the edge of my seat.

Episodes that show alternate futures with aged crews are always interesting, especially one that is so drastic in the alteration of the timeline.

What I also loved about this episode was how it showed the audience how much T'Pol cares about humans. She really feels like part of the crew now.

Earlier in the Season T'Pol and Tucker had some "intimate" moments. They never seemed right, but somehow T'Pol's future relationship with Archer seemed to have a lot of chemistry. I was surprised by this, but also very happy with it. In the normal timeline I might not want to see them get together but for that alternate future I loved it.

I think this may have been the best episode this season, but I do expect many to disagree with me mainly about the Archer - T'Pol relationship. But I agree to disagree!

Oh, and when it was revealed that the device that could completely cure Archer was damaged, did anybody else immediately think "subspace implosion"?

Edited by Commander Bolivar

I have to give this episode a 10..It was certainly the best of the season so far. So many things that I liked about the episode..

Click for Spoiler:

Let's start with the opening and that Xindi weapon destroying Earth..OMG!..

T'Pol and Trip looked good in Captains Uniforms! And I liked how T'Pol seemed to care so much for Archer and the humans in that future altered timeline..Ceti Alpha V..Cool reference to where Khan ended up..

I know it can't happen in the real timeline but I think T'Pol looked great in a Starfleet uniform..

*I added the spoiler. ~VBG

Edited by VaBeachGuy

9.5/10....nough said.

Fantastic episode!! I want the DVD of season 3....

Oopss..thats a painful wait to think about. :drool:

OK, I goofed, I voted before reading any post. I always do that in order to keep from being influenced by other posters.

I based my vote on all trek episodes of all series. If I had known, and cast my vote solely on Enterprise, I would have give it a 7, that's because this episode was the best so far, and I'm reserving higher numbers for what's to come ...

Edited by Big_Steve

I only gave this one a seven. Don't get me wrong it was a very good show but

Click for Spoiler:

I guess because I knew that it would reset itself by the end I just was not that excited

8.5 out of ten. Wonderful episode. However, I while I greatly admired T'Pol for for her kindness and caring, this ep did not leave me frothing at the mouth for an Archer/T'Pol romance. They have a lovely friendship going on, but their romantic chemistry is still at ground zero. Bakula and Blalock just don't do it for me in "that way" and they never will. I must be honest. Zero spark. Give her intimate moments with Mr. Tucker, please, moments not based on guilt or don't write a romance at all for the lovely lady Vulcan. Archer needs to have an affair with Rajiin. Now that is my cup of tea. Talk about spark.

What I liked was the very bleak reality of this altered universe. Robbie Duncan McNeill's direction and Mike Sussman's writing didn't wimp out on it. We finally got a sense of scale to just how serious this Xindi threat is. All performances were wonderful. However, Mr. Sussman could use a lesson in causality loops, but I quibble. :eek: I was pleased. I wasn't pleased with the goo goo eyes but Jolene was nothing short of wonderful. For a reset button episode (hallelujah says the shipper in my soul) it was outstanding. :drool:

Edited by MoulinRouge

7/10 But the thing that kept nagging at me was...

Click for Spoiler:

was the continued referrence that command had done this or command had done that....is it just me but isnt communicatoin cut off from the enterprise in the expanse?

secondly..

Click for Spoiler:

the show had a very generic ring to it...reminded me of Year of Hell(VOY), ALL good Things (TNG), Generations (Mov), and of course the movie momento..i was waiting for Archer to pull out his polaroids soon or to pull up his sleeve for his crib notes to him self...i dunno...

overall

Click for Spoiler:

the episode and effects were great...but common..we all know that it was gonna get reversed just like in all the other episodes i mentioned before...i mean seriously..there was no way that TPTB were just gonna erase...4 series' of canon with one episode...

i did think it was cool that..they mentioned

Click for Spoiler:

ceti alpha 5...i was half expecting an asteroid to blow up the planet..but then i think thats about 100 years off (ST II) Edited by deagletime

I guess I wasn't as thrilled as the rest of you but I still thought it was a good episode. I voted 8 - like some of the other sentiments reflected - you begin to expect certain endings from time distortion shows. Although I have to admit I was beginning to wonder if they were going to leave everyone in the future.

I liked

Click for Spoiler:

Trip - oh terrific as captain. He's back in my good graces.

I actually was heartened to see the relationship between Archer and T'Pol and I think it caught me off guard because we're so expecting the Trip/T'Pol thing. But this was based on genuine feeling, genuine caring and I really feel that with temperament and even maturity Archer and T'Pol are more suited. Just in the past the writer's have been so high school about it that it was nauseating - rather than showing two people who care about each other. It will be interesting to see.

I wonder if we'll see these parasites again.

Click for Spoiler:

I gave it 9.5 rating. What a great episode. I read someone comparing it to 'Year of Hell' from Voyager and I can see the comparison. As I've said before if you love these characters it doesn't matter if the story is similar to another episode and that's all it was, similar. IMO this episode was much more intense than YOH. The Earth being destroyed and only 6,00 humans left...Yikes that was terrifying. Not only did the Xindi destroy Earth but they're searching for us in every corner of space to destroy ever last one of us. That was something I hadn't thought about. It was interesting because even though I knew everything would turn out in the end I didn't know how we would get there. That's what makes a great episode IMO. Like it was meant to do it did renew the sense of urgency to the mission and my dislike for the Xindi. What a great follow up to last weeks softer episode. Just when we start sympathizing with the sloth species they throw this one at us. Makes you wonder how come none of these "good" Xindi wouldn't put a stop to our exterminaton when they found out. I guess they're a lot more bad Xindi than good. Well of course I can't leave out the wonderful scene with Archer on the bridge with his shirt off.LOL It was nice to see the softer Archer again. I really liked last weeks episode but this one blew it away. Great FX. I could go on and on. I can't wait until next week.

I gave it 7.5.

Click for Spoiler:

I thin the whole alternate timeline plot is used to often.

I know what you mean but

Click for Spoiler:

This wasn't really an "alternative timeline" episode. It wasn't exactly a time travel episode either. This was more a "cause and effect" (mo reference to the TNG episode) episode. By causing the parasite to be destroyed it "reset" things back to the moment they infected Archer.

As others have said it was predictable, we know Earth can't be destroyed so everyone that knew anything about Star Trek knew the eventual outcome. But it was the journey we took to get there that was so great. This kind of story hasn't been told in this kind of way in Star Trek before now. We have had time travel and we have had "Timeline Resets" but not quite like this.

Look at it this way, if you had never seen Star Trek before (and you were a Sci-Fi fan) would this episode make you want to see more episodes? I think that's the most important aspect of any new episode really. Attract new people, make people want to see more and keep your current viewership interested. From this perspective I believe TPTB have done a pretty good job this season.

But it was the journey we took to get there that was so great.

My thoughts exactly VBG. I have said this same thing before. I knew at the end there would be a reset, but I didn't know how. That's why we watch!

thought of some more...similar episodes

guardian on the edge of forever...(TOS)-where history is obliterated by an action

visitor (ds9)- where jake sacrifies himself to send his father back in time

and most similar

timeless (voy) - where harry dies at the end restoring a better timeline

I gave it a 9.5, definatly one of my favorite Enterprise episodes to date! About half way through the show I started predicting that Archer was going to wake up and we would find out that he has been asleep and under some kind of alien minipulation or something. You know like the kind of thing that was always happening ot Riker. I was really happy with the way they ended it however becuase it took me by surprise. Finally something new!

A great episode!! :drool:

I gave it 7.5.

Click for Spoiler:

I thin the whole alternate timeline plot is used to often.

I know what you mean but

Click for Spoiler:

This wasn't really an "alternative timeline" episode. It wasn't exactly a time travel episode either. This was more a "cause and effect" (mo reference to the TNG episode) episode. By causing the parasite to be destroyed it "reset" things back to the moment they infected Archer.

As others have said it was predictable, we know Earth can't be destroyed so everyone that knew anything about Star Trek knew the eventual outcome. But it was the journey we took to get there that was so great. This kind of story hasn't been told in this kind of way in Star Trek before now. We have had time travel and we have had "Timeline Resets" but not quite like this.

Look at it this way, if you had never seen Star Trek before (and you were a Sci-Fi fan) would this episode make you want to see more episodes? I think that's the most important aspect of any new episode really. Attract new people, make people want to see more and keep your current viewership interested. From this perspective I believe TPTB have done a pretty good job this season.

I agree that the series has definitely improved. I just hope that they can keep it up...

You have made a great point. If I was not a regular (jaded) viewer this ep would probably make me think whoa that was cool I better keep watching.

Click for Spoiler:

The scene in which the Enterprise's bridge was destroyed was cool and terrible at the same time.

This show keeps getting better!

Click for Spoiler:

Absolutly the best episode so far, this one is now my all time favorite. Great acting, great special effects, I agree the bridge being destoyed was awesome and terrifying at the same time. I taped it and when I watched it again I slow-moed that scene and you can actually see some of the bodies of the bridge crew flying out into space with the debris. And Hoshi became such a cutie with that future hairstyle! Although I knew everything would be alright in the end this episode was still "a sit on the edge of your seat kinda show. Edited by Klingonmike

It seems that every week we have a post for our thoughts on Enterprise.  Since everyone seems to include their personal rating of the show, I decided to begin making a poll for it.  So now you can vote, and post your thoughts!  You will see me do this next week as well. 

I voted a whopping 9.5 for Enterprise this week.  I didn't give 10 cause a perfect rating should be rare.

Click for Spoiler:

The opener was fantastic.  T'Pol in command, and the failed mission leaving Earth destroyed really got me on the edge of my seat.

Episodes that show alternate futures with aged crews are always interesting, especially one that is so drastic in the alteration of the timeline. 

What I also loved about this episode was how it showed the audience how much T'Pol cares about humans.  She really feels like part of the crew now. 

Earlier in the Season T'Pol and Tucker had some "intimate" moments.  They never seemed right, but somehow T'Pol's future relationship with Archer seemed to have a lot of chemistry.  I was surprised by this, but also very happy with it.  In the normal timeline I might not want to see them get together but for that alternate future I loved it. 

I think this may have been the best episode this season, but I do expect many to disagree with me mainly about the Archer - T'Pol relationship.  But I agree to disagree!

Oh, and when it was revealed that the device that could completely cure Archer was damaged, did anybody else immediately think "subspace implosion"?

I agree with what you said.

Click for Spoiler:

I liked the "future" relationship with Archer and T'Pol. I would not like to see a relationship develop in the current timeline. However the idea of unrequited love of T'pol for Archer is an aspect that intrigues me. The only thing I disagree you on is the rating--I gave it a 10!

As others have said it was predictable, we know Earth can't be destroyed so everyone that knew anything about Star Trek knew the eventual outcome.

As VBG has pointed out, we all knew that Earth couldn't be destroyed in the end of the episode. But why does anyone criticize a show for that? If you don't watch an episode because you know Earth can't get destroyed, then why watch season 3 at all. The entire season is based upon Enterprise's mission to save Earth. We know they will succeed, but does not mean it's not worth watching. Lets try and keep this in mind, and realize that Enterprise isn't about whether or not they can save Earth; it is about the characters.

I gave it a 9.5. Kept me guessing right up till the end on how they were going to resolve the situation.

Great character developement! I know I'm in the minority, but I really like Archer and T'Pol's relationship, the interdependence and trust, how they lend each other their strengths. There's lots of really good, subtle stuff going on there. Whether or not it will grow into something more, I don't know, but if TPTB continue to move them closer in an adult manner, then I'm all for it.

I thought it was really interesting how difficult it was for Trip to handle what happened to Archer. He really tends to avoid the stuff that's emotionally uncomfortable, doesn't he? I did like him as Captain. And I thought he really captured the weary warrior desperately fighting for survival.

Archer was just wonderful. His reactions to learning what happened broke my heart. One of the things I love the most about him is that he will NEVER give up, no matter what. And I guess this episode shows us how important he is to resolving the Xindi problem. He is becoming the man that will be Kirk's hero.

What is it with Soval, anyway? Does he want T'Pol for himself or is it just a major control issue with him? Why should the Vulcans care what one person choses to do with her life?

I gave the episode an "8".Very good show,and an interesting and frieghtening glimpse into a possible future.Loved the Archer/T'Pol relationship,as well.

Hi, I'm back.

I saw the show Wednesday night and I gave it a rating of 10 out of 10.

One the best episodes I had seen in a while. :o :look: :o :o

I have to give this episode a 10..It was certainly the best of the season so far. So many things that I liked about the episode..

Click for Spoiler:

Let's start with the opening and that Xindi weapon destroying Earth..OMG!..

T'Pol and Trip looked good in Captains Uniforms! And I liked how T'Pol seemed to care so much for Archer and the humans in that future altered timeline..Ceti Alpha V..Cool reference to where Khan ended up..

I know it can't happen in the real timeline but I think T'Pol looked great in a Starfleet uniform..

*I added the spoiler. ~VBG

I loved it ! So I give it a HUGE 10

It was the best one so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this