Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BakulaBabe

incontinentia's log

If anyone knows how to figure stardates, please let me know! It'll seem more authentic.

This personal log thing sounds like fun, and since I can't have a "page 2" with my webpage at Geocities, and can't archive anything, either, this seems like a good idea.

Just one problem, though - it'll be neccesary to have something to say! Oh, @#$&!, there's always a catch. :lol:

I just signed up with a couple of Pantheist groups at Yahoo, but with an ID like "pazuzuhammer", I don't think I'll be too popular! :P Well, we'll see. Maybe I should have signed up with a Satanic group. :devil: Or not.

Well, it's 1:00am here, so I'm outa here.

BFN

(bye for now)

LOG ENTRY 2

How lame is the first one - wanting stardates for authenticity, then signing out with BFN?

Forget the stardates. It sounds like too much math.

I had a long day at work, I'm falling asleep at my laptop, so this is it for tonight.

I'll try to be interesting tomorrow.

BFN

I know that it probably isn't authentic but this is how I've been doing my stardates..Year, Month, Day. Hour..So the Stardate now is 31106.6..Like I said it may not be right..But it looks good.. :drool:

Perhaps someone else knows the correct way to calculate Stardates..?

Good idea, and I don't have to strain my feeble brain with calculations.

Thanks, Spacetigger!

Personal log - Stardate 31106.11

Now that I seem to be back in customer service on a permanent basis, it hasn't been as totaly dismal as I thought it would be. But that will probably change soon, because I questioned the way 2 employees were using our "employee discount" privilige (is it spelled right?). Oh well, tough if they don't like it! I have to do my job the way the COMPANY wants it done, not the way everyone's friends want it. Since the top 2 managers seem to be at war with each other, a little more $#!+ hitting the fan won't make much difference!

I've made a LOT of posts today - I'm having WAY too much fun here. I need a life. :drool: I have a book I haven't finished, 2 magazines I haven't read, and 2 crochet projects that I haven't finished. I'm also using "I" too often.

Too much babbling - time to stop!

BFN

Personal Log Stardate 31107.11

Had the day off, so when the caller ID indicated that work was calling, we decided to spend the day out. I called back when we returned, and found that they managed to get by without me. I also found out that I'm trading shifts with a co-worker - surprise! No problem, but since I couldn't contact my co-worker, & she didn't leave me a message, I'll have to be ready to work my regular shift just in case.

Tomorrow, I may find out if the 2 co-workers from my previous log entry are mad at me. If they are, oh well. The way I see it, it's better to be disliked & employed than popular & unemployed.

BFN

Personal Log Stardate 31108.11

Well, no one is mad at me at work - yet. So far, so good. The customers still occasionally complain about the lousy service, but that can't be helped when there aren't enough people to go around. :thumbs:

I'm now signed up for a mythology board, and the Nova Roma Yahoo group, in addition to the Pantheist group AND this board. I'm on the computer WAAAAAY too much. Well, so what - I'm having fun.

I'm soooo glad I'm off tomorrow. Today's shift felt like it was 8 1/2 hours long.....wait a minute - it WAS 8 1/2 hours long! Looking forward to going somewhere, but don't know where yet. we'll see what happens.

BFN

Personal Log Stardate 31109.11

I can't believe what trouble I had making a post with a spoiler just a few minutes ago! At least I managed to salvage it before too many people saw it.

Since it didn't rain, we decided to cruise Hollywood today. Except for the Kodak Theater and Grohman's (spelling?) Chinese Theater, it's kind of a tacky dump. That's OK, though, it was still nice to get out and drive somewhere.

I'm now signed up for 3 message boards - Mythology-ness Land, Nova Roma, and Pantheists of LA - no, make that 4, with this one. I'll have to figure out a way to keep track of them at the same time, if that's possible.

Watched NASCAR today (my favorite sport) and was NOT happy with seeing Jeff Gordon finish 20-something :thumbs: , and Michael Waltrip not even finish! :blink:

At least my day was better than theirs!

BFN

Personal Log Stardate 31110.10

Didn't do much with my day off except try to get a different e-mail account for one of my Yahoo groups, but with a "non-Yahoo" e-mail site. What a @#$%&! mess that was! Un-subscribing, re-subscribing, over & over... Guess I'll find out tomorrow if any of it worked!

Got a meeting to go to tomorrow, but our ride may have cancelled - no one is sure, but I can "call work in the morning & see what's going on."

Yeah, that'll be soooo helpful.

Since joining Nova Roma, it just ocurred to me that learning Latin will be handy. I don't mind, but they don't have classes yet (that I know of), and I can't find any on the internet!!!!! Unbelieveable!!!!! :huh:

Personal Log Stardate 31111.10

Missed the "mandatory" meeting - no ride. Didn't miss anything, according someone who went. They just laid down "THE LAW", obey or else....what else is new. :huh:

I STILL can't get a Yahoo group to send e-mail to a non-Yahoo e-mail address! I guess I'll have to transfer everything else, even though it hasn't been successful yet. It's probably something with Yahoo, but they're so hard to contact, I'm concidering cancelling every subscription & starting over from scratch. :huh:

No, thats too much work. there must be an easier way. :wow:

Personal Log Stardate 31112.115

We got finished early at work - that's always good. There was only one customer who was a real @#$%!, and that's VERY good. And unusual. We're actually having meetings to find out what the company expects, and we get it in writing! EXTREMELY unusual, and very, VERY good.

It has me worried.

I'm getting along well with all of the managers now. None of them are insulting or mocking me, ignoring me, or giving me nicknames I hate, as happened frequently in the past.

I wonder what's up.

Actually, the job may turn out to be almost tolerable. That'll be a nice change!

Personal Log Stardate 31113.101

Been trying something different with the stardates. Looks like it'll work.

They keep changing my schedule at work this week so I hardly know if I'm comming or going - or when! At least it makes things interesting. They're pretty much ignoring Thanksgiving & putting all Xmas merchandise in the front aisles, along with toys, toys, toys.

I can remember a time when Thanksgiving was its own holiday, rather than just "pre-Xmas", and harvest decorations were put up.The little kids have already started screaming, crying, & throwing tantrums if they can't get that special toy "NOW NOW I WANT IT NOW MOMMYYYYY!!!!!"

Retail Xmas $ux. I'll take Yule, thank you.

Personal Log Stardate 31114.112

Oh happy happy, joy joy!!! AMC is running some of the "Halloween" movies for "Fear Friday" :) Halloween III:Season of the Witch just started. It better not be the "cockroach Halloween" - I HATE that one.

Another day at work is over, and the !st & 2nd bosses can't agree on the fine details of some policies. Oh well, nothing new. No major disasters at least.

(I have a horrible feeling this may be the "cockroach Halloween" movie.)

Since the Nova Roma Yahoo group has SOOOOO much e-mail, I droped the other 2 Pantheist groups - nothing much happening there, anyway. I still haven't posted at Nova Roma, mainly because I haven't figured out where to jump in. A Roman name is helpful, too, but I've only picked a first name. Lots of study wil be needed for a middle & last name.

(OMG, I think this IS the "cockroach Halloween!) :)

Update 31115.123

Suspicions confirmed - it IS the 'cockroach Halloween" movie. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to be sick........I'm also going to have to use 24hour time for my stardates.

Personal Log Stardate 31115.234

I finally decided on how to do my stardates - how exciting. :)

Had a wierd day at work - apparently the schedule was more messed up than first expected, and 1st & 2nd boss didn't comunicate on the changes. My assignment changed once, & my hours changed 3 times! Long lines and impatient customers again - & it's not even the "day after Thanksgiving Xmas shopping season" yet! ;)

It's already getting so bad that I politely declined to wear the optional official logo work shirts. I'm not sure I want any MORE people knowing where I work when I'm going to, or comming from, work. The powers that be will be happy if I wear the official work color. I won't say what it is, because YOU may know where I work! :)

Got 2 days off comming up, so I'll probably do cool stuff like laundry & yard work.

What an exciting life I lead. :look:

Personal Log Stardate 31118.001

Not spending too much time posting, because I MUST get some of my several crochet projects finished. Since I now have 3 days off in a row, it should be easy to make progress.

Didn't do too much else other than crocheting & yardwork, and that's about all I'll do tomorrow. That & watch DVDs. The it's back to my sucky job. At least it beats being unemployed.

Personal Log Stardate 31118.232

Didn't do much of anything today except get caught up on my crocheting, then watched 24 & NYPD Blue. What excitement!

My hours at work have been changed AGAIN. I'm starting to lose track of how many times it's happened, but that's what happens when co-workers have babies - they can't keep to their schedules, and things usually change several times at the last minute. That's OK - it's more money for me!

Personal Log Stardate 31122.240

Now that I have some time, & energy, to post, there's not much to say! At least I can finally say that there's some kind of agreement on employee discounts & purchases. For now. Any agreement at work is a good (& rare) thing.

Note to self - NEVER NEVER NEVER join a Yahoo Group, unless you want to be swamped with e-mail that you can't unsubscribe to. Hopefully I can block them, but they're comming from various addresses. Additional note to self - be careful how you subscribe to any group - when in doubt, refer to first note to self.

Other than that, Yahoo is fine - especially for personal webpages. Even a computer moron like me can do it!

Personal Log Stardate 31122.235

More strange goings-on at work. One thing I had to report, other things just the usual annoyances - multiple schedule changes, pi$$ed-off customers, nitwits getting better pay than me, etc. In other words, nothing new. :eek:

FINALLY got my Yahoo Groups under control, so I no longer get 60 - 80 e-mails a day.

Also finally making progress on my crocheting projects, & if I work fast enough, I may have something nice to wear for the holidays! But where would I wear it?

Personal Log Stardate 31125.241[/font]

Not a bad day at work. The day shift had a Thanksgiving pot luck, & we on the night shift got the leftovers, but at least there WERE leftovers! Some of us are dreading the holiday "gimme" rush comming this weekend - "hey, ya got that free (whatever)", "hey, gimme one of them free (whatever)", "hey, I was here FIRST - I gimme that free (whatever)" , "hey whataya mean yur outa the free (whatever) - THAT'S NOT FAIR!" etc., etc., etc.

The holidays are such a joy.

Personal Log Stardate 31129.214

Judging by the look of my last post ( ! ), I must have been tired.

The holiday shopping season has started, & we're pathetically understaffed. Highly unusual - even for us! At least I had a nice Thanksgiving, since I was off Wed & Thurs. Now it's long lines, screaming kids, & angry, greedy customers.

What a joy. ;)

At least Star Trek is good!

Personal Log Stardate 31130.230

Well, it was the same old thing at work - long slow lines, angry customers, not enough employees. My "Christmas 'Crapal' Tunnel" wrist pain seems to be starting early, but at least it's temporary. So far.

Still no Trek fans at work. I don't think there are even any sci-fi fans. Guess I'll have to talk some of my former co-workers into comming back.

Yeah, right. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I can't believe how many posts I've made today. I need to stop & get back to my crocheting!

Personal Log Stardate 31231.231

Oh @#$%&, I'm so %#*&@ glad the %#$@* Xmas shopping season is FINALLY $@#%* OVER!!!!! :dude: Now it's returns & stocking up on leftover Xmas junk & giftwrap.

I haven't posted here in so long that it took me a few minutes to figure out how I did my Stardates. :lol:

Looks like I just became a Commander today - Happy New Year to me!

Sounded like someone just fired a gun in celebration a block or 2 away - it's still kinda early to start, but nothing new.

Glad to see the posting goal was met just in time.

Well' I'm tired so I'll stop babbling for now.

Personal Log Stardate 40115.201

Well, I'm still waiting for the raise I was supposed to get about 2 months ago. Maybe I'll get it next time (yeah). It's supposed to be for more than they first said it would be (uh huh), and if it's not on my next check, I'm supposed to let them know so they can look into it (right). Maybe they'll make it retroactive (HAHAHAHAHA!), and then I'll buy a winning lottery ticket & be a bazillionaire. We'll see.

At least I got some workshirts that fit & aren't hideous.

And it beats being unemployed.

Tune in next time for another exciting episode of "In Search of a Raise". :grin:

Personal Log Stardate 40117.231

And now for the next exciting episode of "In Search of a Raise".

I actually got my raise, AND some retroactive pay! It's a miracle! I may do something really crazy, like get a SUPERSIZE meal at McDonalds! :o

Since I'll be doing different things at work until they finish re-arranging the store, the next few weeks should be interesting. For a change.

"Chosen Realm" is not only the best Ent. so far, it's one of the best Treks so far! It just keeps getting better & better! :blink:

Personal Log Stardate 40201.105

They're moving fixtures, merchandise, and people around at work, so things aren't as dull as usual at work. I just wish I had something in common with my co-workers besides work. Oh well, I can always come to STF.N for interesting conversation.

Thanks to LOTB I'm actually learning some basic Latin - & enjoying it! Maybe I'll add something in Latin to my sig some day.

Got my roses pruned back finally, & we're about to put up a second arch in our yard for the vines we just got. Now all we have to do is re-locate a couple of plants, put the arch together, put it up, plant the vines, & hope everything grows. It should look pretty good. I just hope all the flowers don't attract too many bees! :laugh:

Personal Log Stardate 100204.244

Some good news at work - one of my bosses is leaving soon, and another will be leaving later. As long as the new boss isn't the one I like to call the "alpha male ape", it should work out OK. Most likely I'll be on the new boss'es "doo-doo" list for being the wrong "kind", but at least it won't be anything new. On the other hand, I could get lucky...

Yard work still isn't done because the mobile home next store to us is going to be moved out & replaced with another. Looks like it'll be a while before we can resume the planting, but there's still plenty of time.

I really should try to make these entries more interesting.

Holy *bleep*, it's getting late & I have work in the AM!

Maybe I should say "holy sloop" instead.

Personal Log Stardate 40213.224

Looks like my stardates are getting messed up. Guess I should try harder to remember how I'm doing them!

I have a proper blog now, & it actually archives! Hurray for me! It still sux, but at least it's better than what I had at Geocities. I just wish I could have gotten "incontinentia" for the user name & address, but it was already taken. B) Oh well. Now I'll have to be creative! B) My ambition is to have a blog as cool as Wil Wheaton's, but that's not likely to happen any time soon. :)

I wonder if I'll get to change my user name?

Personal Log Stardate 40214.233

Decided not to change my user name - I'd have to change it elsewhere, & with 4 different names (soon to ber 5!) at different places, it'll be too much trouble to change them all to the same thing. If I could get the same one everywhere!

Went back to Geocities to make a personal page (again) to link to my lame blog. I'll have to go there later to see if I can add anything even remotely interesting there.

Personal Log Stardate 40215.205

Must be nice to be a boss. One of mine spent most of the day on the phone dealing with personal issues - a very big no-no! Oh well, with that one leaving soon, it won't be a problem much longer.

I recently downloaded "Sitebuilder 2" from Yahoo cuz it seemed like something useful. I can do a lot with it to make a cool web page for free, but if I want to post it on the internet, I have to have an account, starting at 11.95/month! Yeah, that free download was REAL useful. :assimilated: I'll stick with my free blog site.

Since I'm off tommorow, it's plant transplanting time. Just hope they all survive!

Personal Log Stardate 40216.224

Holy *bleep*, doing the links for my blog was a real pain in the - well, you know. :assimilated::assimilated::laugh: Must have been something screwy with the site tonight.

Our yard is starting to look good now that we got some of the plants moved around. Just have some more roses to buy & plant, and then it'll look REAL good!

Lucky me - my work schedule was changed so now I won't spend much time working with the soon-to-be-former boss. Sure, he's having a hard time, but he could at least do SOME work. Hopefully the new boss will at least treat the customers better than this guy does. I also hope he/she likes my multiple pearcings, even though they violate our dress code! :laugh: