Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Your Country's Celebration

Canada celebrates Canada Day on July 1. The US has the Fourth of July. Does your country have a special day to celebrate? I think I saw somewhere that Australia Day is on January 27 - is that correct?

Hm, we don't have such a day here. We celebrate the unification of Germany on October 3rd, but we don't have a day to celebrate Germany itself or its founding. There have been discussions about it but they somehow stopped because of the lack of interest in them.

Mrs. Captain Picard

Down around here (Jonesboro,Arkansas),quite a few folks still celebrate the day the Confederate States of America was established.

They do that around here,too.

I wonder if one of us should tell them the Confederacy has been gone for more than a hundred years?

No.Maybe not.I don't have that much health coverage. :lol:

I am an American.But,my father was a photo journalist and during the early and middle 1970's he covered african political news and any african news that had international implications.He allowed my mother,myself,my brother,and sister (both older than myself),to relocate to Morocco,so we could all be together.We spent a little less than 5-years there,in Ceuta (which,is under Spanish authority,but anybody that's been there knows it is most definitely a Moroccan city).Morocco celebrates it's national holiday,"Throne Day" on 30th,July every year.It is more a celebration of the king,than the country itself.

Its a very beautiful country.

The Emperor's Birthday (currently December 23) is probably the closest thing Japan

has to a national holiday.

Takara...you were close, its January 26, we get fireworks .... an excellent plot twist for 24! virus in the fireworks....

Click for Spoiler:

(i have no real life and im not a terrorist :lol:) Edited by trekzone