Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Hello old friends

Hello everyone (anyone still around). I've been inactive for a long time due to multiple issues, ranging from finishing my degree to taking on the responsibility of caring for a terminally ill family member for a while and then liquidating his estate. Many things have just conspired to keep me busy for the past few years.

The site isn't as active as it once was, with social media taking much of the 'audience' away. But the site will remain, regardless, and it's time for the site to get a facelift. So today I've begun to look into upgrading and over the course of the next few weeks/months, I'll see what I can do to spruce the old place up a little.

woohoo. Maybe people will return :D

Hopefully, with the new series not far off, activity will pick up again and the old gang will get back together again.

I hope to come back with the new series, but I am so busy. I am still taking care of my mother, so I completely understand being away from the forum. Just because I finally remembered my password does not mean I will get here to post, but if I can I will.

What I have done a lot of lately is watch Star Trek fan fiction on you tube. I wish everyone the best!

Hello mj, I'm afraid that the database was backed up and moved to our new server before you posted, so when we did the upgrade, your post wasn't in the database and thus, wasn't moved over, but I wanted to reply and say hello.

Family always comes first in all things, so I understand that. An uncle of mine, who didn't have any other family, was diagnosed with prostate cancer and when his health got to the point where he wasn't able to care for himself, he was put into a nursing home. But that was NOT a good place, so he came to live with me and I cared for him for the rest of his life.

It was all consuming, 24/7, but well worth it because he was able to live his final year with family who cared for him and loved him rather than having to live in a cold, uncaring environment where the people saw him as an annoyance.  

37 minutes ago, athena28 said:

Site looks good!

Thank you, I'm still working on it. The old themed skin wasn't compatible with the new version, so slowly, I'm building it up as best as I can.

35 minutes ago, Admiral Riker said:

Looking good. I was finally able to login. Could not use ` in my username as i had before.  Hoping for the best!

Yeah, Invision changed their system for logging in. I believe it's your Display Name that you have to use to log in now.

10 minutes ago, Bethlehem said:

Kevin, you are a great guy. I love hearing about people caring for people. The site looks fantastic, now to figure it out.

Thanks, like I said, family comes first in all things. At least it should, that's how I feel.

The upgrade is still a 'work in progress', so right now (as I post this), the look and feel of the main page isn't what it will be when all is said and done. Right now, it's a bit sloppy and slow to load. But I have to have it set that way for the immediate future while everything is happening in the background. Once everything is set though, I'll get a portal set up and will have a few Twitter feeds on it as well as other board content.

Hey Kevin we all definitely missed you! The site looks great. Sorry to hear about your uncle. Thanks for keeping this site going all this time even though it isn’t as active anymore it will always be a huge part of my life. Thanks again