Star Trek Beyond

5 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Star Trek Beyond

• 5 It's Great!
    • 4 It's Good
    • 3 It's Average
    • 4 It's Not That Good
    • 5 Hated It!

Start your 50th Anniversary celebrations with a trip to the theater to see ST Beyond explode into action, mystery, and more past Trek references than you can shake a a stick at, on the big screen.

Final Warning SPOILERS are fair game on this thread. For spoiler free discussion please follow this link, http://www.startrekf...showtopic=65707

No poll yet, but I'll give it a 4. It was very entertaining. From a visual angle, the effects were great, but I really wish they'd lay off the disorienting series of camera shots during action scenes involving chase and/or retreat. It's not suspenseful just because the audience no longer has any clue which direction is up. You're just doing it so you can stay one step ahead of them with an unfair advantage.

Now onto the two spoilers I have.

First off, the use of the Beastie Boys was just completely schlock. I love the Beastie Boys and "Sabotage" and the idea of jamming the alien communications array, but the setup that Kirk gave for it, and ESPECIALLY how synced up it was that the station would carry and broadcast the signal right at the exact moment the enemy starcraft approached the wall, only to be blasted by the "YEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!"... that is poor screenwriting, and absolutely unacceptable Star Trek writing. My other big complaint is how much was borrowed from the older Star Trek movies. Not used, as in included an element of to pay homage to, but borrowed as in using plot devices from other movies to make their story run. I saw elements from The Voyage Home and Insurrection, and who knows what else was in there.

A friend on another forum said that since this was directed by the director from the Fast And The Furious, one could expect that this would be "Star Trek dumbed down IN YO FACE to the max!" That's pretty accurate, I'd say. But it was still a lot of fun. Still a 4 for entertainment purposes. As far as quality and especially given what Star Trek was supposed to be about, I'd say it's more of a strong 2 or weak 3.

I can't believe that this movie has been declared a flop. It's the best out of the 3 so far! Where are all the Trek fans?

I think the fans went to see it, but the general audiences have stayed away.

Squawk on the nets blame too much time passing since STID, interest waned. And/or poor marketing / the first teaser sucked.

Sign in to follow this