Sign in to follow this  
removed

Holiday Banners

Those are all great banners! Thanks for sharing.

Here's the other banner I was working on, not my official entry, but I thought you all might like to see it; Captain Kirk makes a good Santa B)

Click for Spoiler:

stfxmasban2.jpg

VBG, I know this isn't an official entry (can we have more than one?), but you're welcome to add this to the rotation if you like, I'll understand if you can't tho B)

Edited by Big_Steve

These are great I've got no chance B)

What I'd realy like to do (but can't find the pictures) is a borg assimalating a Turky but I can't find a picture that would do it.

If any one else want to use this feel free

Ok. Just a side note. I changed the writing from "Happy Holidays" to "Merry Christmas" on my banners. I hadn't even realized that I had written happy holidays. I hate that phrase! Lol. Needless to say, I changed them as soon as I saw that. Lol.

VBG, could you please delete the ones you have on file, and replace them with the ones with new writting. They are still at the same links, and they are still posted on this thread. (The posts changed with the changing of files)

Don't feel bad bysty I hate the whole Happy Holidays thing myself, it just seems so generic.

And everyone is doing a wonderful job on these.

Personally I don't see why "Happy Holidays" is so bad, but I'm fine with "Merry Christmas" as well. I think only reason we use the term happy holidays is because not everyone celebrates christmas. Happy holidays is a term that can be used by anyone, but I guess if your a real fan for christmas you'll probably wanna stick with the true christmas saying merry christmas.

Personally I don't see why "Happy Holidays" is so bad, but I'm fine with "Merry Christmas" as well.  I think only reason we use the term happy holidays is because not everyone celebrates christmas.  Happy holidays is a term that can be used by anyone, but I guess if your a real fan for christmas you'll probably wanna stick with the true christmas saying merry christmas.

well its just like ddillard said: it IS too generic. Christmas is about Jesus and when we say happy holidays, it just seems to push Jesus even more out of Christmas, when in fact it is his holiday. im just a nit-picker i geuss. lol

Ok. This isn't an official entry or anything, I just felt like making another banner. Lol. I was bored again.

Click for Spoiler:

stfxmas3.jpg

Ok. This isn't an official entry or anything, I just felt like making another banner. Lol. I was bored again.

Click for Spoiler:

stfxmas3.jpg

That one was escellent I love it.

OK heres my attempt.

:dude:  It's not great as graphics are not my thing

Click for Spoiler:

santaborg.jpg

This one was interesting... . Very good banner! :eek:

:eek:

Personally I don't see why "Happy Holidays" is so bad, but I'm fine with "Merry Christmas" as well.  I think only reason we use the term happy holidays is because not everyone celebrates christmas.  Happy holidays is a term that can be used by anyone, but I guess if your a real fan for christmas you'll probably wanna stick with the true christmas saying merry christmas.

well its just like ddillard said: it IS too generic. Christmas is about Jesus and when we say happy holidays, it just seems to push Jesus even more out of Christmas, when in fact it is his holiday. im just a nit-picker i geuss. lol

I used "Seasons Greetings" because the banners will be up for both holidays, not just christmas day. I don't feel as though I'm being generic or disrespectful in any way.

ya i geuss we are doing all celebrations for all religions. but i still wanted to honour christmas as it is.

I understand Bysty, and that's perfectly fine, I'm just saying that as a christian when you say Seasons Greetings or Happy Holidays it doesn't necessarily mean that you are supporting other religions or trying to remove Jesus from christmas or anything like that, it just means that you are saying Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in one phrase.

Okay, her are the two that I have done so far.

Click for Spoiler:

banner1.jpg

And her is the second one. I like this one better as the first one was just that a first attempt.

Click for Spoiler:

christmas1.GIF

I have added all of the banner her to a panel at the top of the chat room. The panel will rotate through the banners. If I missed anyone's I apologize, just send me a PM and I will correct it.

Click for Spoiler:

stfxmas3.jpg

I lied. Out of the 3 I made, this is my favourite, so I would like to make THIS one my official entry.

(That is if mods are participating :dude: )

Here's the banner I've made (Other then the Spock and Kirk ones with the Santa Hats):

Click for Spoiler:

peldar_joi.jpg

I know it's not really a "Christmas" banner but I thought other species should be represented as well ;)

This is not an official entery for the contest, it was just for fun.

Here's the banner I've made (Other then the Spock and Kirk ones with the Santa Hats):

Click for Spoiler:

peldar_joi.jpg

I know it's not really a "Christmas" banner but I thought other species should be represented as well  ;)

I hope you're going to leave it in the regular banner rotation after the holidays - I think it is excellent and we need a Kira banner.

Click for Spoiler:

peldar_joi.jpg

I know it's not really a "Christmas" banner but I thought other species should be represented as well  ;)

I hope you're going to leave it in the regular banner rotation after the holidays - I think it is excellent and we need a Kira banner.

Thank you. I had actually thought of altering it after the holiday is over to remove the "Peldar Joi" but I could leave that in it as well.