Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Bad Alien Room Mates

Who would you hate to room with the most? (And comment on who would be the best!)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you hate to room with the most? (And comment on who would be the best!)

• A Klingon - smelly feet, messy, party animal
    • A Vulcan - quiet, studious, great study tips
    • A Bajoran - always complaining, incense burning
    • A Betazoid - always knows what you're thinking
    • A Ferengi - may steal/sell your stuff, good cheat tips
    • A Cardassian - v warm room, may kill you while sleeping
    • A Denobulen - happy as mad, may want sex
    • A Romulan - suspicious meetings when you're out, lies
    • An Ocampan - may get old quickly, die
    • A Trill - very smart/wise, full of stories

Well. If you're a nerd then a Vulcan would be good for you. But if you have half a social life you could never have friends round cos this dude would be in all the time reading. I think that a klingon would be fun but you would never get to study and he'd probably be coming in at all hours. Bajorans would go on about the poor lives they had in the camps and would just depress me. I think that Trill would be the best. Mature yet with a sense of fun.

I voted for a Trill. It would be like having 2 roommates for the price of 1. Half way through the term it would be possible to "change the wrapping" and still know what's inside.

Worst would probably be Vulcan, so very boring and you will never be alone since he is most likely always on the room.. Trill is the best, funny but not a child.

Now this is a fun and well thought out question!

I would hate the Betazoid. I have too vivid an imagination to be with someone who could read my mind.

The Trill would be cool, but if i could get along with the Klingon and if he was anything like Worf, i think that would be interesting. The stories...the work out...It could be very enriching.

I voted the Betazoid, personally I would like to have my mind kept to myself! I don't want them reading my mind, that would be irritating and they'd know it!

I probably could get along with a Vulcan as a roommate, since they would more than likely keep to themselves. And a Trill or a Klingon, maybe.

I voted for a Trill. It would be one rung down from having a skitzophrenic for a roommate. Remember Ezri when she got the Dax trill? She was sooooooo whacked out! You wanna have to deal with that? I'm not sure what the best one would be.

I think a trill would be interesting, and a vulcan ok (but I like to have someone I could really RANT to, and who could get upset and laugh and cry WITH me)...but a Betazoid?! No one's reading MY mind, that you (and oh my god if she's anything like Troi...Me: "Data and the Borg Queen did NOT DO ANYTHING!! You're wrong! Wrong I say!" Betazoid: "Donna, I sense feelings of agression. Would you like to tell me why you're upset?" Ok, no offence to Troi fans! I'm going to have to stop making fun of characters, soon. The number of times I've had to write "no offence in the last day is sad. Oh well, it's all in good fun!)

How would they test a true telepath at Starfleet Academy? Deanna was an empath because she was half human but Betazoids are telepaths. You would really have to trust that a telepath isn't reading the mind of the best students and cheating on exams.

The worst,a Betazoid....always prying into your private thoughts and capable of viewing your dreams as easily as you might watch television.This is especially bad if my roomie is a female betazoid ;)

The best roomie would be a Bajoran.They tend to be so laid back,we could burn that incense,philosophize about the meaning of life and the prophets and smoke a few doobies! :b-day:

I voted for the Ferengi...no way could I trust him as a roommate. I would prefer a Vulcan or a Trill as a room mate. I also agree that it would not be good from the point of view of privacy to have a Betazoid as a room mate.

Edited by mjham

would have to say the worst would be cardassian... Just because i hate the warmth... also, getting killed in my sleep wouldn't be to good either...

The best is a tie between Vulcan, Klingon, Denobulen, and Ferengi...

1. Vulcan could help me with school.

2. Klingon's are cool, and could teach me how to fight...

3. Denobulen... Sex! :rolleyes:

4. Ferengi could get me really, really cheap stuff...

Could never bring a girlfriend home to a Ferengi roommate.

I'd still rather have that than a Betazoid though - nosey people.

Of those choices, probably Klingon.

I wouldn't really mind the rest of them.

I voted the Betazoid, personally I would like to have my mind kept to myself! I don't want them reading my mind, that would be irritating and they'd know it!

I probably could get along with a Vulcan as a roommate, since they would more than likely keep to themselves. And a Trill or a Klingon, maybe.

7209[/snapback]

I can still agree with my choices from over two years ago... ESPECIALLY the Not wanting a Betazoid as a roomie. I definately would be uncomfortable about that!

Rereading the list I would also have to add that :Ferengi , Cardassian, Denobulen, Romulan would not be good choices for a roommate either

Worst would be a Klingon - way too agressive!

I wouldn't mind a Betazoid roommate for the free counselling, but the best would be a Vulcan - quiet, non-agressive, meditative, and logical. :rolleyes:

Now this is a fun and well thought out question!

I would hate the Betazoid. I have too vivid an imagination to be with someone who could read my mind.

7040[/snapback]

What would make me crazy is if the Betazoid was a beautiful woman. I'd forever be having thoughts about her which she'd always know about and I think it would make her very uncomfortable if she wasn't interested.