Sign in to follow this  
master_q

#266 - {Official} Star Trek Trivia

{Official} Star Trek Trivia #266

Random Trivia +Anagrams+

+Anagrams+ is a new game for StarTrekFans.net's Official Star Trek Trivia!

A word will be given. Your job is to rearrange the letters of that word to think up new words. You will also be given restrictions on what words you can construct.

Word: Earthling

New Words MUST Be Greater Then Or Equal To 4

NOTE: You may not use proper names, abbreviations, . . . . . or anything to that nature

????????????????????

Find as many words as you can find!

Answering: Send myself a private message (do not answer here!)

If you find 1-5 words ~ 3 points

6-10 words ~ 5 points

11-20 words ~ 10 points

21+ words ~ 15 points

If you find more words then anyone else ~ 20 points!

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Please clarify - we're to take the letters and use ALL of the letters to make a set of two words - which will count as one word for points?

I guess I should have elaborated more but at the time I did not think it was necessary because the rules are basically the same in the standard game of anagrams

You do not need to use all the letters. You can selectively pick between the letters in the given word.

Example) anagrams

Gram

Grams

Ram

Rams

Man

[and so on]

Another Note ~ contractions are not expected

Master Q

I've never played a game of anagrams - but I am familiar with the term and you do use all the letters. However, I like your way much better.

This is more like Boggle - (or a bridal shower game :drool: - how many words can you form from the couples names...)

Good point Master-q about the link- but no purist would cheat. It's the challenge that's the thing.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

I've never played a game of anagrams - but I am familiar with the term and you do use all the letters.  However, I like your way much better.

This is more like Boggle - (or a bridal shower game :drool: - how many words can you form from the couples names...)

That's weird. I have an anagrams game on my spell-check device and you don't have to use all the letters and from what my manual says it is a "standard" game. (But probably the "traditional" game requires you to use all the letters)

I'm thinking about editing that site of your post because that's posting a link to a site that will give everyone some of the answers passively.

*edit

Oh well. I'll just leave the link in.

Master Q

Edited by master_q

Answer:

Answers Vary

ensign_beedrill had 110 words!!

LouiseTrek ~ 103 words

Indy ~ 93 words

TheUnicornHunter ~ 88 words

Alterego ~ 56 words

spacetigger ~ 25 words

Stardreamer ~ 22 words

Yillara_Soong ~ 21 words

ARMS ~ 6 words

Well Done Everyone!

Master Q

I took a look at the question a few days ago but never bothered to send my answers in. I could only find about 16 four-lettered words I think. I cannot believe that Ensign Beedrill and Louise Trek got more that 100 words. That is absolutely incredible. Good work!

You should post the words here... I'm curious to see what came out of "Earthling"

Once again...

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!