Greetings, all! :rolleyes:

I'm thinking about getting the BATMAN movies, but I'm not sure. I'm not a comic book fan, but I do love Super-Hero stories, and with Batman being just a man and not having "super powers", I found him to be the most interresting, especially his revenge driven desire to stop crime in the world.

Anywho, can you guys help me decide if these movies are worth getting?

I've seen the first 3 a few times and the 4th only twice.

I've seen all 4 em, only really like the first 2.

I can't stand the 4th one, but I like the 3rd one better than it.

Just go for the first 2 if you want really good movies

But...in the end, it's all up to you :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I like Batman to be the Brooding Dark Night so 1 and 2 are my favorites. 3 was an excellent homage to the TV series but because (Please stop me from cursing) Grayson causes Batman to snap-out of his broodiness, I don't consider 3 to be part of true Batman canon as was portrayed in 1 & 2. Four is a piece of crap that never should have seen the light of the film projectors, I would not allow anyone to give me that one.

I am hoping *crosses fingers* any future sequels will be placed in the timeline between 2 and 3, taking Batman back to where imo he belongs, as the Dark Night but I don't really see that happening. :lol:

What's So Bad about it??

It's Awful!!!

And Clooney's Portrals Of Batman Is Horrible.

He Plays a Bad Bruce Wayne Too.

It's Just A Really Stupid Movie.

Seems more like an excuse to use SPFX than tell a Story.

I suggest you buy the the first 3 movies and not waste your money. To answer your question Cap Batman 4 is a high priced B movie. It was miscast (Arnold Swartzenegger as Mr.Freeze) and was even campier than the 60's series. If the 3rd movie was a homage to the old series they go overboard on this one. The director (Joel Schumacer) who is supposedly a fine director just didn't take this film seriously. The plot is stupid and they defy physics several times. George Clooney wasn't that bad as Batman IMO but everything else was a mess. I all of the moveis exept the 4th one. The costumes were not that great either Mr Freeze was lit up like a Christmas tree. Batman is a dark character in a dark story not a sappy farce.

The first 2 Batman movies were good; the others were butchered. I find the new comic movies coming out these days to be better. X men for example... or is that because Patrick is in it?

I've allways liked the Batman character and he's the superhero I know the most about. With this said, I am thinking about getting the Batman movies. However, I'm having trouble trying to decide if I should get them or not. Anyone want to help me come to a decission?

The movies are:

Batman

Batman Returns

Batman Forever

Batman & Robin

The appeal to me is that Bruce Wayne is an ordinary man. He has no super powers and the villians have no super powers, at least not like most comic villians. Bruce Wayne uses his brain and brawn to become Batman and fight crime, defending Gotham City from wackos like The Joker. Some say 3 & 4 were bad, some say 4 killed the Batman movies. Personally, I liked the dark & moody atmosphere of the first two movies as well as the bright & happy atmosphere of the 2nd two movies.

So, do you think the Batman movies are worth owning on DVD, or would you say they're more for a comic-book fan then someone who's looking for a cool set of movies?

:lol:

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Absolutely.Buy them.I've enjoyed them all,particularly the first.Its too bad they can't keep one actor in the cape and cowl for more than two films,though.Michael Keaton was my favorite Batman.Clooney wasn't too bad.Kilmer...ugh,hated him in the role. :lol:

Too bad Jack Nocholson's Joker can't make a comeback and team-up with Devito's Penguin.

I enjoyed the Batman movies. (I agree with the Kilmer comment, though.) If I bought any, it would be only One, though. That's just a personal preference!

I liked the first one. The second turned me off so I missed the third one (Kilmer) - then checked out the fourth. Clooney may be gorgeous but I'd compare his performance to watching lead cross the room. Uma Thurman pretty much did all the acting in that movie. IMO, maybe buy only the first.