Sign in to follow this  
omni'X

Fate of the Dominion

Good question, I've posted what I envision as a possibility in another thread:

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?show...t=0entry84371

Basically I think the Jem'Hadar (Some of them) are rebelling because of how the war ended. Possibily the "Alpha's", and Odo comes back from the Great Link to ask for Federation help in destroying the rebellion.

I doubt the Dominion suffered over much for their defeat in the alpha quadrant.Remember,a large portion of their military never made it through the wormhole,and the vast majority of Founders and Vorta remained in place in the gamma quadrant.Despite the losses the Dominion suffered in the alpha quadrant,not much changed for them "back home",where they are still a major power.Also,the Jem'Hadar have been conditioned for many,many years to regard the Founders with an almost holy reverence.All of that won't change dramatically just because of events in the alpha quadrant.

So,IMO,the Dominion is still a major power.And it wouldn't be too smart for Federation ships to start accessing the wormhole to go on little "day trips" to the far side of the galaxy,as the Jem'Hadar would almost certainly still attack them in Dominion space.

:lol:

I doubt the Dominion suffered over much for their defeat in the alpha quadrant.Remember,a large portion of their military never made it through the wormhole,and the vast majority of Founders and Vorta remained in place in the gamma quadrant.Despite the losses the Dominion suffered in the alpha quadrant,not much changed for them "back home",where they are still a major power.Also,the Jem'Hadar have been conditioned for many,many years to regard the Founders with an almost holy reverence.All of that won't change dramatically just because of events in the alpha quadrant.

So,IMO,the Dominion is still a major power.And it wouldn't be too smart for Federation ships to start accessing the wormhole to go on little "day trips" to the far side of the galaxy,as the Jem'Hadar would almost certainly still attack them in Dominion space.

Agreed.

Its a scary thought,realizing that the Dominion almost won the war in the alpha quadrant with a much diminished force (thanks to the Bajoran Prophets,shutting down the wormhole and stranding the biggest part of the invasion force back in the gamma quadrant).

You also have a point about the Jem'Hadar.While we did see the rogue trooper(s) pop up ever so often during DS9,they represented only an infinitismally small fraction of the Jem'Hadar.The majority of whom are more than fanatically loyal to the Founders.

The alpha quadrant war did not hurt the Dominion's gamma quadrant infrastructure,or the Dominions military assets "back home",as first redneck in space put it.I'd also agree with his assessment that it would be folly for any Federation starships (or any other alpha quadrant ships,in my opinion) to return to their pre-war forays into the gamma quadrant.

Having successfully prevented the Dominion's conquest of the alpha quadrant,the Starfleet may be better served by simply allowing sleeping dogs to lay,and focusing on uncharted territories closer to home,or better yet,focus on repairing the massive ammounts of damage the war caused.

I think if the wrong founders (the hawks) of the Dominion gain over all influence I think that the Dominion an recoup it's looses and make some tech advances in just a year. then they could invade again and wage a more terrible and destructive war than the first. The Fed alliance had beter watch out.

I always figured that it would be part of the treaty of the Dominion War that the Dominion would be required to leave the Alpha quadrent.

I would think the Alpha Quadrant Alliance would have at least insisted on these terms.

Like a few others here,I'm not too sure the Dominion was too badly hurt by the war.Now,if the Alpha Quadrant Alliance had been able to take the war into Dominion territory in the Gamma Quadrant,and maybe rallied a few of the worlds under Dominion authority,then the Dominion might have been in real trouble.But as it was,the conflict was almost entirely fought in the Alpha Quadrant and the bulk of the Dominion military was denied access to the Alpha Quadrant.

Let's hope Odo can mellow out the Great Link.Though,I have to wonder how much influence a single changeling can have on such a massive group consciousness.Especially,when that group has hated solids for so many years.

Good question, I've posted what I envision as a possibility in another thread:

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?show...t=0entry84371

Basically I think the Jem'Hadar (Some of them) are rebelling because of how the war ended. Possibily the "Alpha's", and Odo comes back from the Great Link to ask for Federation help in destroying the rebellion.

I'd rather not speculate too much. I would think that the Dominion has gone back to enforcing rule upon the Gamma Quadrant. VBG's theory is that perhaps the Alpha's are rebelling. Maybe! They have shown differences in mentality compared to the Gamma's, but for the most part the Jem'Hadar are all quite similar and do not disagree to much. With a plentiful supply of Ketracel white for the Gamma's and the Alpha's in the Gamma quadrant they might not be as inclined to fight amongst each other. It could go either way I guess. It's either A ) nice and peachy, or

B ) the Alpha's fight against the Gamma's most likely getting wiped out by the Gamma's. The Alpha's do not have the force to take on the entire Gamma population of Jem'Hadars. Personally I don't think Odo would seek the Federations help because it is unlikely that the Federation would want to risk sustained conflict. After how close the Alpha Quadrant came to being overtaken, it wouldn't be worth the risk. Besides, helping with the conflict would be a breach of the Prime Directive I believe. But it is quite possible that strife is plauging the Dominion in their region of space. :grin:

Edited by Commander Bolivar

What's happening in the Gamma Quadrant is anybody's guess.Might be fun to have a series of novels written about the subject of the post-war Dominion,and Odo's effect on the Great Link.I'd definitely read them.

If I had to hazard a guess,I'd say that the Alpha Jem'Hadar are probably bitter and angry at losing the war,and are being ostracized by their Gamma Jem'Hadar brothers.That makes for a potentially explosive situation.Another potential problem is that the Alpha's saw a Founder hurt (by Section 31's bioweapon),and defeated (by the Federation and its allies).The Founders must have lost some of their previously "devine" aura,at least for these Jem'Hadar.

i'd like to think that Odo made a big impression on the great link and changed the direction of the dominion, from domination to integration with the solids.

I'd love to see the Dominion go up against the Borg.

Me, too! How would the Borg be able to assimilate a Founder? They're just goo ... I don't see how the Borg would be any threat to the Founders at all.

HOWEVER, the Borg could take on the Jem'Hadar (sp) and the Vorta, leaving the Founders without a military presence at all. If everyone who's under the Dominion now was assimilated, who would the Dominion have Dominion over? They'd just be goo.