Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

How will TPTB respond to fans trying to carry on the dream?

I just hope you guys don't get slammed with a law suit by Paramount.  I'd watch it if it weren't in violation with copyright laws.  Good luck.

Stardate:21444.9

:wow: :P :grin:

Do a little homework on copyright laws and you will see that this "fan made show" is indeed in violation. :P

I just hope you guys don't get slammed with a law suit by Paramount.  I'd watch it if it weren't in violation with copyright laws.  Good luck.

Stardate:21444.9

:eek::force: :huh:

Do a little homework on copyright laws and you will see that this "fan made show" is indeed in violation. ;)

Stardate:21456.7

Yeh even if it is.So what.Like I care.I violate so many copyright laws everyday its not even funny(wait yes it is! :P ).But I am still going to watch it.

you have the right you do not claim to be THE site they shut down there site screw them. i am behind you

CJLP, they're adults, they can decide for themselves to make it or not. If it violates copyright laws they'll deal with it. You're taking this thread off topic for no good reason.

Guest Ktrek

I would like to see Jorel's response on this issue of copyrights but I think if the editor of the official Star Trek fan club magazine Communicator is a guest star in the film then Paramount must know about this charitable effort. In my opinion fan films do nothing but help promote the franchise and interest in Star Trek and Paramount is the clear winner in the long run. As long as Ferengi profit is not being made then I do not see where Paramount would gripe. There are tons of fan fiction sites on the internet should these stories also not be read just because they are written by fans and not professional authors hired by Pocket Books and Paramount? Anyway, I see this as a grey area much like archiving TV shows for personal viewing later on VHS, CDRs or DVD. If you feel strongly about it then don't download the episode. Otherwise let's try and keep a balanced perspective.

Ktrek

I am one of the producers of this project, IT WAS PRODUCED SOLELY for raising money for the Space shuttle Fund, and for our love of TOS! I am sick of the negative, It really doesn't matter to us. We have had fun, and ARE HELPING A GREAT CAUSE! and that's all that Matters.

James

"NEW VOYAGES"

I have many sims open but I ALWAYS make sure to give credit where credit is due. I wrote the author of STTNG: Best and the brightest before using Moll Enor in sim groups and in my stories. I always check if possible to get permission before using a copyrighted object.

Moll Enor is copyright of Laurie Susan Wright copyright dated 1998

Edited by Captain_Enor

First of all CLJP do you have permission to use the picture you have as your avatar??? Aren't all pictures from trek the property of paramount and do you not need written permision to use them as part of your online Identiy???

I realy am looking forward to this but I actualy have no clue about news groups so can some one tell me how I go about getting hold of it please???

First of all CLJP do you have permission to use the picture you have as your avatar??? Aren't all pictures from trek the property of paramount and do you not need written permision to use them as part of your online Identiy???

Using a picture in my avatar doesn't cause Paramount to loose money. People watching the Star Trek: New Voyages instead of Star Trek: Enterprise could very well cost Paramount money. This is why I feel they might sue the produces for copyright infringement. There's a big difference between a website and fan-fiction than there is with copying a TV show that people might watch instead of the one produced by those with the copyright license.

I realy am looking forward to this but I actualy have no clue about news groups so can some one tell me how I go about getting hold of it please???

This is really awesome!! I downloaded it this morning. I too couldn't get that Newsgroup thing to work for me. I went to the New Voyages Website..They have clickable links today where you can download this cool episode..

Enjoy..

New Voyages

EDIT - I just went there again and for now those links have been taken down temporarily because so many have been trying to download it. You should check back every so often. They will clear up this problem..It is a very cool episode..I'm glad I have it..

Edited by spacetigger

Using a picture in my avatar doesn't cause Paramount to loose money. People watching the Star Trek: New Voyages instead of Star Trek: Enterprise could very well cost Paramount money. This is why I feel they might sue the produces for copyright infringement. There's a big difference between a website and fan-fiction than there is with copying a TV show that people might watch instead of the one produced by those with the copyright license.

You realy don't seem to be thinking your argument through.

Only Trekies whos Only like TOS and don't watch Ent will probaley watch NV and not Ent any ony who watches Ent now will not just stop watching.

It's like say oh TNG is on repete now so I wont watch Ent on Wed.

Thanks ST

You proved my point.  Instead of "thinking" of watching ENT, they go watch NV.  This costs Paramount money.

This thread is getting ridiculous. I don't know why we can't watch TOS, ENT, TNG, DS9,VOY and still watch the New Voyages..What's the big deal?

You proved my point.  Instead of "thinking" of watching ENT, they go watch NV.  This costs Paramount money.

Actualy you have proven mine.

The die hard TOS fans won't think of watching Ent ther mind is desided and nothing will change there mind.

even though Ent is Great.

as you will not change your mind over this even though NV is great.

I've just watched the Teaser and I was grinning the whole time and then when the credits roled I claped and cryed without controle If paramount has any sence thell buy the bloody thing up

allso I have offered my sevices as a mirror to host the show for down load as I have no problem with wanting to help spred this great piece of entertainment.

It rocks :blink:

Edited by Abakai2003

It really doesn't matter what you think Picard. Paramount will do what it wants to regardless. Whether it is Illegal or not lies in the hands of Paramount and the courts. Further more we all have broken the copy laws at some point or another. It all depends on ones interpetation of the laws.

This thread is getting ridiculous.

So with that said I agree this is ridiculous and has been run deep into the ground. :blink:

It was asked what I thought of this whole copyrights thread ...

We have gone over and over and over and over and over this so many times on messages boards and some people just won't give up... Which is thier right. But... I, personally, have no more to say on the subject.

We feel there is no need to continue to feed the naysayers responses just so they can continue with their posting. We have done what we have done and have also done our research.

If you don't want to watch the episode, don't watch it. That is your perogative. We are NOT trying to hurt ST:ENT in any way. We watch it weekly and in fact this past week's episode cawleyent and I were a bit confused as to why people tought it was such a bad episode. We watched it right after I got to see the final edit of NV and we were honestly pulled into thte story and enjoyed it...

What was it that Gene gave the Vulcans? Something called the philosophy of "IDIC" or "Infinite Deversity in Infinite Combinations"... What a boring world it would be with out that...

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you here. I want to see how they do. I'm rooting for these people. I also saw that they are including TOS cast members Eddie Paskey (Mr. Leslie) and John Winston (Transporter Chief, and Later Reliant Comm Officer Kyle) to their cast.

As for the Paramount logo, they are simply acknowledging that Paramount owns the rights to the Star Trek trademark, and all associated trademark. There's no violation, no harm, and no foul. They'd be in heap big trouble if they did NOT include the Paramount acknowledgement.

Oh Joel why haven't you replied to that pm and wiped by invite off your boards?

Oh Joel why haven't you replied to that pm and wiped by invite off your boards?

Don't understand your question/comment here...

Actualy you have proven mine.

The die hard TOS fans won't think of watching Ent ther mind is desided and nothing will change there mind.

even though Ent is Great.

That's your opinion. :)

This thread is simply ridiculous.

It's gone beyond ridiculous. rolleyes2.gif CJLP, you really don't have to police everybody's actions.

Aw, come on now CJLP!! Ever since these talented gentlemen announced their project on our message boards a couple of months back, I have seen numerous threads and topics authored by you regarding the same subject..Paramount's gonna sue ya! Nya, nya, nya!! You have already made your opinion on the New Voyages quite clear but you insist on endlessly repeating this issue ad nauseam. I have downloaded and thoroughly enjoyed the first episode of New Voyages and anxiously await the release of the second episode in July. Now please CJLP, cut us all some slack and stop beating a dead horse!!!

i see, and Captain - what about my fan fiction? hmm, what happens if it causes people to read instead of watch?

Aw, come on now CJLP!!  Ever since these talented gentlemen announced their project on our message boards a couple of months back, I have seen numerous threads and topics authored by you regarding the same subject..Paramount's gonna sue ya!  Nya, nya, nya!!  You have already made your opinion on the New Voyages quite clear but you insist on endlessly repeating this issue ad nauseam.  I have downloaded and thoroughly enjoyed the first episode of New Voyages and anxiously await the release of the second episode in July.  Now please CJLP, cut us all some slack and stop beating a dead horse!!!

Stardate:21479.9

Here Here to that