Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Netflix Trek Streaming To Begin This Summer

There is good news for Star Trek fans today as word comes courtesy of TrekMovie that Star Trek will begin streaming on Netflix in just a few short months.

Back in February, TrekToday announced that a two-year deal had been struck between CBS Corporation and Netflix, Inc. to stream select TV shows from CBS’s library, including Star Trek episodes from all five televised series.

TrekLogo050510.jpg

Streaming will begin in July, with the original series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise being offered. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine will begin streaming in October.

Netflix offers unlimited streaming for $7.99 a month. For $8.99, users can stream episodes to their iPhone and iPod touch, after downloading the free Netflix App from the App store. Shows can also be streamed to gaming consoles, DVRs and HDTVs.

View the full article

I've been waiting for them to do this, they've had TOS on there in the past but never any of the other series. I probably won't use Netflix for the streaming though. I built myself a home server and have all of my Trek on my server and can access it all on my TV as it is anyway so Netflix would just be a redundancy for me.

WOOHOO!!! *does happy dance* :rolleyes:

We got Netflix about a month ago, so this is great news! If we can watch Star Trek any time we want, and as often as we want, we may never leave the house. :notworthy:

We got Netflix about a month ago, so this is great news! If we can watch Star Trek any time we want, and as often as we want, we may never leave the house. :notworthy:

CBS was streaming TOS, Enterprise and TAS from their website for a while for free with commercials like Hulu has. Since the Netflix deal was worked out TOS and Enterprise have been pulled.

CBS was streaming TOS, Enterprise and TAS from their website for a while for free with commercials like Hulu has. Since the Netflix deal was worked out TOS and Enterprise have been pulled.

I watched a couple of episodes at CBS.COM, I don't think the stream quality was as good as what Netflix offers. Free is free though lol.